vRS245 ordered club

Guest garpat32
2 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

Thanks for that, I contacted CS through the live chat.  bloke said my order is within average lead times!

Then asked can I raise a complaint to the MD, he said "Your order has an average lead time of 26- 27 weeks, so I would therefore recommend waiting until the lead time has passed at end of April. We will then be happy to raise a case for you to have a Case Manager investigate this further for you once we are at that point."

Anything else I can try?  Emails/phone etc?  Anyone got any numbers I can call?

The lead time at point of order is the one you go by. Not the current lead time.

I'd try again, but I'd say they are trying to fob people off, they can and will escalate to a case manager if you insist enough. If online chat won't do it call them armed with order ref and advised lead time at point of order.

Hope that helps.

I am very tempted by this car, I'm 48 and this would be my first ever petrol car, I know the book is closed but I have found two 245 cars I could go and test drive with very low milage, The problem for me is neither have DCC or Canton. I would have speced both these but am I right in thinking they are a deal breaker and I should just wait and order new or should I test drive and see?

cheers for any advice, sorry if this has already been discussed in detail 102 pages is ...... well

3 minutes ago, rayttk said:

I am very tempted by this car, I'm 48 and this would be my first ever petrol car, I know the book is closed but I have found two 245 cars I could go and test drive with very low milage, The problem for me is neither have DCC or Canton. I would have speced both these but am I right in thinking they are a deal breaker and I should just wait and order new or should I test drive and see?

cheers for any advice, sorry if this has already been discussed in detail 102 pages is ...... well

I'd wait, it shouldn't be long more before it becomes clear what it's happening the MY19 specs.

Go test drive them and see how they feel to you. You may find you are more than happy with standard stereo and suspension in which case you can save some money on buying a new car and no GPF as well. I have Canton in my Superb and it sounds good but not a deal breaker for future purchases. The money you save on a nearly new car would more than cover upgrading the standard stereo anyway if you did want better sound. DCC seems to have mixed reviews with some loving it and others not. It could mean expensive bills in the future if you keep the car past 3 yes since the replacement shocks are not cheap.

Sooo exited....Had a call from my local Skoda dealer today saying a 245 order had been cancelled and was available in 3 weeks - was I interested despite being a different colour to what I originally ordered.  Said yes and he’s requested the car so hopefully find out tomorrow if i’ve managed to secure it.  Would bring forward my current delivery by 8 weeks from end of June.  Fingers & toes crossed!

Edited by Reddazforever
  • Like 1

I don't have the DCC and I feel that the standard 245 suspension is fine, it is not too harsh and is quite compliant.  My wife and I are happy with it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, buaan said:

I don't have the DCC and I feel that the standard 245 suspension is fine, it is not too harsh and is quite compliant.  My wife and I are happy with it.

i rarely take my DCC out of standard mode. Occasionally I put it in Comfort, but I haven't had it in Sport mode since the first few days of ownership. Nice to have but I could probably live without.

Had my 245 delivered on Thursday and must say what a brilliant car. Definitely feels faster than the stated 242bhp.

The only gripe i have though is what i think must be tyre noise.

Always comes at around  70mph and is quite intrusive. I actually have quite a high tolerance of road noise as i regularly drive my VX220 with a sports exhaust, which is obviously very loud, but this noise is certainly very annoying. I have the PZero tyres. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Thanks 1

Just got my 245 back from the dealers to have a look at a brake noise issue. I have to say, on the drive home, I did think that road noise was noticeably less than before.

They stripped and cleaned the brakes (due to thumping and scraping noise) but I have a suspicion the cause of the noise might've been incorrectly / unevenly torqued wheel nuts (by another dealer). As a consequence of this work, they seem to have also reduced the "tyre" noise - possibly undue pressure on the brake discs?

Anyway, nothing firm but it all seems to add up...!

7 hours ago, chuno said:

Had my 245 delivered on Thursday and must say what a brilliant car. Definitely feels faster than the stated 242bhp.

The only problem is that the addictive feeling dissipates after a couple of days and you want more. How fast are you pushing your 6 day old car?  My son recently got a new Volvo on PCH and tortured me by redlining it on day 1, trying to impress me. No matter how much bench running p-in or warming of oil and components, I still think a bit of mechanical sympathy for new cars is in order, even if you are renting rather than buying as a keeper. 

My dealer showed me how to use launch control when I picked my car up so running the engine in isn’t really necessary as the dealer said it’s not the 80’s anymore.

With tyre noise for me the noise was terrible but I found out my tyres we’re under inflated I pumped them up to the correct pressure and jobs a gudden. 

1 hour ago, Redboy said:

The only problem is that the addictive feeling dissipates after a couple of days and you want more. How fast are you pushing your 6 day old car?  My son recently got a new Volvo on PCH and tortured me by redlining it on day 1, trying to impress me. No matter how much bench running p-in or warming of oil and components, I still think a bit of mechanical sympathy for new cars is in order, even if you are renting rather than buying as a keeper. 

Sorry, should have said, it is a 67 plate car with 2k miles on the clock.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:43, garpat32 said:

The lead time at point of order is the one you go by. Not the current lead time.

I'd try again, but I'd say they are trying to fob people off, they can and will escalate to a case manager if you insist enough. If online chat won't do it call them armed with order ref and advised lead time at point of order.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, ill call them

20 minutes ago, Cm11 said:

My dealer showed me how to use launch control when I picked my car up so running the engine in isn’t really necessary as the dealer said it’s not the 80’s anymore.

With tyre noise for me the noise was terrible but I found out my tyres we’re under inflated I pumped them up to the correct pressure and jobs a gudden. 

Yes dealers' sales staff are always correct and qualified engineers, that's why they are fine with 20,000 mile service intervals and dismiss any common problems such as the early TSI cam tensioner failures. Thrashing it immediately from new is your prerogative as long as longevity isn't a requirement,  it  might not be the 80's but if you are keeping it rather than handing it back after 2-3 years, I stand by the mechanical sympathy bit. 

• Like 3

I tried a White Hatch today at Stockport Skoda, Managers car full spec £6000 extras lots I dont want but I did get a chance to feel the DCC overall I loved the car.

They only offered £6400 for my mint condition MK2 and got nowhere near realistic payments on 48 month PCP I think they are milking the price while there is a shortage.

I am going to try a Meteor grey one tomorrow with no DCC

One week could be doing any job, maybe a delivery driver, in white goods sales or even unemployed, then selling vehicles that are a persons 2nd biggest purchase or even their biggest and being a font of knowledge on them as a Car Sales Executive.

Now just with Skoda, and if any good hopefully will get a job with BMW, Tesla or the likes and a nice perk / demonstrator to drive, 

never running them in obviously.

41 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Yes dealers' sales staff are always correct and qualified engineers, that's why they are fine with 20,000 mile service intervals and dismiss any common problems such as the early TSI cam tensioner failures. Thrashing it immediately from new is your prerogative as long as longevity isn't a requirement,  it  might not be the 80's but if you are keeping it rather than handing it back after 2-3 years, I stand by the mechanical sympathy bit. 

I see your point but a few red lines will help the engine run better than nannying it. If you take it too easy you can end up with bore glazing and in some cases high oil consumption. 

Edited by Cm11

^^^ So the story goes and has been going for years, and has some truth in it, but then it is a petrol TSI and does just fine unless you have dismantled many and found glazing of the bores,

but then it is not a dirty diesel or a generator or the likes, and the tyres, brakes , bearings, suspension and the rest can do with a bit of 'driving in'.

Run a VW TSI be it Euro 4, Euro5 or Euro 6 and it is a lottery if it gets High Oil Consumption 

and the engine lasts to the 6th Variable Service running Long Life Oil.

Edited by AwaoffSki

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:43, garpat32 said:

Hope that helps.

I thought Id try my dealer as well as contacting CS again.  Glad I did, progress!

The dealer said "Your car has at least got a confirmed build week now, which is the week commencing Monday the 9th of April.

I believe that Skoda’s policy is that they will not provide assistance until a customer’s car has been on order for 18 weeks, I ordered your car on the 9th of October (week 41 of 2017) and it appears that the order was accepted by the factory on the same day........so by my reckoning Skoda Customer Services would be able to provide support from the 12th of February (week 7 2018)."

So my car has moved forward and week and has a confirmed BW at last!  

Plus they said they can get be a car for the end of april until my 245 arrives, I might push them for one sooner than that especially as the dealer stated that CS should have helped me from week 7!

• Like 1

Guest garpat32
9 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

I thought Id try my dealer as well as contacting CS again.  Glad I did, progress!

The dealer said "Your car has at least got a confirmed build week now, which is the week commencing Monday the 9th of April.

I believe that Skoda’s policy is that they will not provide assistance until a customer’s car has been on order for 18 weeks, I ordered your car on the 9th of October (week 41 of 2017) and it appears that the order was accepted by the factory on the same day........so by my reckoning Skoda Customer Services would be able to provide support from the 12th of February (week 7 2018)."

So my car has moved forward and week and has a confirmed BW at last!  

Plus they said they can get be a car for the end of april until my 245 arrives, I might push them for one sooner than that especially as the dealer stated that CS should have helped me from week 7!

Once I got to the 18 Week point, the mobex car was sorted within 24 hours.  Direct with Enterprise Hire.

In my case I asked for compensation as soon as it became clear that my original delivery date was going to be missed.  Made a complaint and CSs agreed in writing to cover my additional motoring costs as a result of the delay.  This was all agreed in January - 5 weeks before my original /promised delivery date.  No waiting 18 weeks or other crap.  My suggestion would be push as you’re the customer and the one being inconvenienced by the delay.  If they’d told you of the delay at the time of signing up you would probably have gone elsewhere so skoda need to look after you (and in my case they are - so fair play to them) but you need to push

I've done 200 miles in my 245, the exhaust on it is super quiet though!... Does it take a bit of time for it to break in and get fruitier!?  I was under the impression it would have a bit of presence :) lol