Sasha’s Octavia vRS

3 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

looks the biz!!! and has convinced me to do the same!!!

+1 I have a quartz grey estate too, the black badges look terrific. Is there a black VRS logo, too?

Might have to get the tailpipes powder coated now...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SeanM said:

+1 I have a quartz grey estate too, the black badges look terrific. Is there a black VRS logo, too?

Might have to get the tailpipes powder coated now...

There is, it’s being fitted later today. 

2 hours ago, GaSelle said:

Next project should be a detachable towbar - that would improve the look ;)

I wanted a detachable one tbh, but I can always remove the swan neck for a cleaner look. Tbh it stops people from crashing into the back of it and while there are no sensors helps me too. I’ve never had sensors on this car, they packed up on the second day of ownership haha. There’re not even plugged in atm.

On 27/03/2018 at 16:56, MorrisOx said:

Brilliant explanation - you should have your own YouTube channel. Or charge for this thread. Or both!

Amazing thread... I second what @MorrisOx said... I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all 25 pages on this thread. Thank you @SashaGrace!!

On 02/04/2018 at 16:43, SeanG said:

FWIW, my new FL Octavia has dual rear USB sockets - wasn’t expecting them or recall them being part of the build so nice surprise.  I use one to feed my iPhone cradle (I’ve routed the cable along the gearbox tunnel panel and behind the dash and popped it out the drivers side dash panel. I probably could have fed it through the vent but didn’t want to start removing panels on the new car!)

5994A6EB-F8FE-448C-81C5-88C1B78E38D6.jpeg

@SeanG, that's a neat idea of routing the cable for the phone holder. What's the brand of the holder you are using? 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 20:16, SashaGrace said:

They were priced very reasonably tbh. Badges were the biggest extravagance, but worth it IMO. Quality is awesome :biggrin:

I understand *some* of the badges are sprayed by SuperSkoda or one of their partners.  Do they seem OEM quality to you? 

It's a shame they don't do a Superb badge in the Monte Carlo style. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grc said:

Amazing thread... I second what @MorrisOx said... I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all 25 pages on this thread. Thank you @SashaGrace!!

Thanks a lot :) 

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

I understand *some* of the badges are sprayed by SuperSkoda or one of their partners.  Do they seem OEM quality to you? 

It's a shame they don't do a Superb badge in the Monte Carlo style. 

They are taken apart and painted by SuperSkoda, they are awesome quality, they don’t disappoint. The paint finish on them is perfect, ditto the lettering as well. I’m just half way through waxing the car now I've fitted everything. Will update later :)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks a lot :) 

They are taken apart and painted by SuperSkoda, they are awesome quality, they don’t disappoint. The paint finish on them is perfect, ditto the lettering as well. I’m just half way through waxing the car now I've fitted everything. Will update later :)

The Octy is looking B)  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Shinier (if that's a word) than a WIZARD with a powder coated MAGIC WAND, sorry no more references to your plate honest!:biggrin:

Very funny! I will get around to changing the plate, one day haha

3 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

What you thinking of doing with the chrome VRS emblem on the front grill?

Plastidip black?

Probably, plastidip and lacquer when I get chance, shame nobody makes one yet...

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Probably, plastidip and lacquer when I get chance, shame nobody makes one yet...

I've emailed superskoda about it,  i would like though is the red stripe still visible for both front and back emblems , would work well with the brake calipers being red and the red stitching finish in the interior.

• Like 1

Haha, thanks :) it’s not gunna win any concours competitions, there are a lot of paint issues up close, loads of chips, some old, some badly repaired and some new, leading edge of the bonnet has been painted and blended, rear bumper has been smart repaired etc etc. Not too shabby for a nearly 84k mile daily driver though and it’ll be 4 in August. Will be over 100k by the end of the year!

Given the state of the roads here, ours isn't too shabby for the same mileage as yours - The Fabia on the other hand, looks like it's been nailed with a shotgun if you get up close and that's done a fraction more mileage.

I suspect there's been some touch-ups and a respray + blend done on the Octavia too, because when clean it certainly shines and the colour really pops like yours does.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

What you thinking of doing with the chrome VRS emblem on the front grill?

Plastidip black?

17 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Got a plan for that one, if i get a bit of time tomorow I will shares:cool:

• Like 1

I find that when I visit this site the first thing I do is read your updates "SashaGrace" . They are always interesting and often make me smile.

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, fergiet said:

I find that when I visit this site the first thing I do is read your updates "SashaGrace" . They are always interesting and often make me smile.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot! I know I said there would be a break in the extras and mods for this car but if there is one thing you should all know about me it's that I am a liar and have no self control. It's a cheap mod this time though, I promise! :blush

• Like 1

On 19/04/2018 at 14:33, SashaGrace said:

IAC4A2A95-D316-479F-868B-CA8A3405810B.thumb.jpeg.2577fea241adfc014b717ae7142c23c8.jpeg

Beautiful. Well worth waiting for one to come around. I am 100% done with the audio on this car, it’s now perfect so I can move on to other things.

Looks great!

Might finally get around to fitting mine this week. My local garage has ODIS so they're going to try code it once fitted.

Glad I bought mine before you told everyone the Columbus screen is a straight swap, everyone is going to be after them now :biggrin:

• Like 1

Haha, probably! I thought £200 was expensive enough lol. The same breaker has a set of powerfolding mirrors from the same car going a little under the price they usually do but I am resisting those for now. I do want to do that upgrade as I miss it from my old Volvo and current Mercedes. Need to slow down on the spending dammit! Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought the white Elegance which was my second choice instead of this car as it already had Columbus, power mirrors and other nice stuff, also had KESSY and power bootlid which I’d have liked and it was £2500 less expensive. I really wanted the DSG though and that made it worth it IMO. I don’t think the fact it’s a vRS really bothers me, I just wanted an auto haha. I have really fallen for this car though, so easy to mod and so many to do! Will help keep me occupied if nothing else :D