Delivery times

cjrp

Yes we did and not really that concerned as we very rarely carry anyone one in the back seats! Each to their own regarding various trims etc. However to get the same level of equipment on a Karoq would of cost a lot more than the 3008 was! Digital dash just being one thing! Any I hope you and myself enjoy our new purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

1.5 TSI 150Bhps SE L DSG (Heated Windscreen and PPP Assistance)

So Finally got mine yesterday the timescales...

Expected Delivery Date (on Paper Work issued in April) August 31st. I guess that was worse case.

Actual Order Date 12th April

Actual Build Date 28th June

Arrived at Grimsby 5th July

Arrived at Dealer 31st July

PDI finally done and issued to me on the 6th August. They had the car at dealer (or different site for nearly a week - delivered to wrong site?)

I was away on holiday while it was sat at Grimsby so not a big deal as I could only have got it from the 31st July - Had to chase to find out what was happening ut various folks on holiday at dealer so not sorted until yesterday.

A tad annoyingly I spotted minor paint defects on leading door edges of passenger side and I now have to take it back next week to be smart repaired. Not sure what has caused it....

After paying for something that should be tip top I am saddened that these minor blemishes have taken the edge of my experience.

I should have checked the car again after the valet chap tried to fix it as white stains on rear seats which must have been from him trying to sort the door out...

Hopefully the smart repair will sort it....

On the up side I had a great handover very detailed and the sales chap has his own Karoq which he paid for himself and ordered as soon as it came on sale. He has been good keeping me informed all the way along....

Bubbling on Door 1.jpg

Bubbling on Door 2.jpg

Edited by MJ1

I placed an order for a 1.5 TSI SE L DSG with a few options on 22nd July.

The estimated delivery date was given as late December.

Received a video message from the dealer this morning advising it is slotted for build week 37, last week in September, with delivery in October.

We might be on holiday at the estimated delivery time so the dealer will probably need to babysit it for us for a week or two.

The order is submitted on February 20th. 1.5 TSI DSG SL. I dont get delivery dates at all.

On July 1, I received a dealer call for the first time. Thei proposal to change the TSI to the TDI, and get the car in one month. I declined
No more info. Absolute 0.
The contract expires after 7 days. I think that for 30 000 EUR, I could get a little more respect.

I'm looking for Tiguan. I will cancel the contract and I will not look further at  SKODA. I did not expect such disrespect ...

True, the action is taking place in Lithuania. So you're lucky. At least you know when the car will be made and will not wait more than 4 months.

Good luck

My build week for the SE L 1.6 tdi was quoted as 34 - next week. 

Though told today this remains unconfirmed so unlikely to happen and will be pushed back. Been advised to check next week.

Have however been told the engine will be with adblue as they are building to MY19.

I have now been told by my dealer (when asked) that my car will be built next week and will be delivered by the end of October.  The delivery time from build seems a bit pessimistic when cars can come through in about 4 weeks.  

I have ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL.  One of the other posts had a diagram which suggested that production of MY19 1.5s would not start for another 4 weeks (week 38 from memory). That may have referred to only one factory - I understand that there are two factoris building Karoqs with a third one coming on stream early next year - or the information is wrong.  Time will tell.  It just seems such a long time from ordering on 28 February.

Teds, i was told week 34 build, i.e next week with delivery end September. Thus 5 weeks from build to delivery. 

I had the MY19 build confirmed by Skoda UK - don't know if one factory is tooled for MY19, and the other not, i don't know but would find it unlikely. 

The question i have which Skoda UK were unable to answer is how soon does a build date get confirmed, i.e is it a week before the build, a couple of weeks, a month?

Anyone here know?

tia

Ted 

I ordered my 1.5 SEL DSG at the beginning of March. After missing the June delivery I have been told by Skoda that its scheduled for week 35. This can only be confirmed next week the week before it goes into production. Not a word from my dealer for months. I am waiting for him to call me with the news but maybe that won't happen until its actually at Sheerness. Another dealer told me yesterday that cars are being built and held until the emission certificate is in order. Who can tell when we we will get our cars because the whole system has failed. 

Doogle69,

Skoda UK told me yesterday that my dealer will have access to all the information, and for next week i should phone the dealer, not them, to see if my build has been confirmed or not. 

Interesting you were told that orders only get their build dates confirmed a week before production, so theoretically i'm thinking my build week of 34 could still be on, if production isn't scheduled for Thursday next week it could still get confirmed in the next couple of days - if i'm reading that right? 

One thing i found common with dealers across the board, is that they prioritise their time in obtaining sales, and not looking after the customer they already have..... trying to get blood from a stone is a term commonly used. 

I emailed my dealer last Friday asking about an accessory, the reversible boot mat, still no reply. 

30 minutes ago, Portlanders said:

Doogle69,

Skoda UK told me yesterday that my dealer will have access to all the information, and for next week i should phone the dealer, not them, to see if my build has been confirmed or not. 

Interesting you were told that orders only get their build dates confirmed a week before production, so theoretically i'm thinking my build week of 34 could still be on, if production isn't scheduled for Thursday next week it could still get confirmed in the next couple of days - if i'm reading that right? 

One thing i found common with dealers across the board, is that they prioritise their time in obtaining sales, and not looking after the customer they already have..... trying to get blood from a stone is a term commonly used. 

I emailed my dealer last Friday asking about an accessory, the reversible boot mat, still no reply. 

Portlander I have just collected my new Karoo from an Oxford dealer and asked to have the reversible boot mat added to the order (£50). It does its  job of keeping the boot area clean however, it doesn't  provide a grippy surface to stop shopping and dogs from sliding easily in the corners.

Thanks ronniebarker,

I was hoping i could still use the those right angle grippy things(?) on the fabric side, and use the plastic side for when needing to transfer wet stuff, or rubbish, so that afterwards i could just remove it and shake off any debris. The luggage hooks would help with shopping bags staying in place. 

Retail is £70 for the Karoq reversible boot mat, but i think people can get them for £50-55 here so was asking the dealer if he could do it for £50. 

11 minutes ago, Timmh said:

I've given up on a karoq and ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. They still haven't released the wltp data so my lease company cannot quote me correctly. 

I'm affraid we did the same but bought a 3008 GT-LINE.  Glad we did in a way because loads of extras included that we  would of had to pay for on the Karoq. And it's a better looking car!!

1 hour ago, Sockman said:

I'm affraid we did the same but bought a 3008 GT-LINE.  Glad we did in a way because loads of extras included that we  would of had to pay for on the Karoq. And it's a better looking car!!

Looks like you got in just in time, 3008 very limited at the moment and no high spec GT Line or GT Line Premium with the larger petrol engine plus auto box available according to the configurator.

1 hour ago, Timmh said:

I've given up on a karoq and ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. They still haven't released the wltp data so my lease company cannot quote me correctly. 

1 hour ago, The Zee said:

and me, gone for a Mazda CX-5 after thirty plus years with Skoda. Car buying should be a pleasure not a chore.

I have gone for a Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum, nearly £40K RRP but cheaper to lease than the Karoq Edition 1.5TSI DSG that I originally wanted.

2 hours ago, Timmh said:

I understand the wltp generally, but if they haven't released the figures does that mean the cars can still be built, but not released?

3 hours ago, Sockman said:

looks are subjective! I don't like bling, so the Karoq fits the bill.

Also I prefer German running gear to French....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldKaroq said:

looks are subjective! I don't like bling, so the Karoq fits the bill.

Also I prefer German running gear to French....

As you say each to thier own! Hope we enjoy our cars whatever we drive. 

12 minutes ago, Sockman said:

Too true, in the past we have had 4 French cars in a row, 2 Scenics  and 2 Picasso's and apart from the last Picasso they were very good and trouble free.

The last C4 Picasso an all singing all dancing auto everything was a PITA, a more comfortable and quiet 2 ltr diesel than you could wish for but the electrics!!!

So we went Skoda and 4 cars later, still in love with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sockman said:

Absolutely! 

I have had a Sportage previously with all available extras built in. Didn't use half of them, hence my Karoq SE L. Which is a truly excellent car IMHO, esp. in DSG form.

I hope you enjoy your 3008!

18 hours ago, Portlanders said:

I understand the wltp generally, but if they haven't released the figures does that mean the cars can still be built, but not released?

Yes, Skoda cars built but not released awaiting WLTP testing or type approval are being stored in the open air at Milovice airfield and Vrchlabi. Similarly Volkswagen intend using Berlin-Brandenburg airport.

Edited by Arkaig

1.6td, SE-L dsg auto.

10th July. Ordered from Liverpool dealer.

17th August-email from dealer. Car is being built.

21st August. Phone call from dealer-car is built. Will keep me informed.

Agreed delivery port will be Grimsby.

Maybe be faster than expected due to being diesel?

Good communications, if true.

• Like 1

They have to build and import and sell some cars, that is the business they are in.

So if your 1.6 TDI SE-L DSG now comes with SCR (AdBlue) and has WLTP approval then it can be first registered after August.

If built after the 1st June which yours is it could not be going on a 68 plate.