Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

@bigade1

Any idea why POI notification doesn't work when I compile my own cameras with my PocketGPS cameras?   If I use your version notification works fine.    The cameras work fine, they just do not "BONG" as I approach them even though the Amundsen is set to notify my own POIs.    Obviously not life and death but just a little bug I would like to fix.  Cheers

5 hours ago, Blisteringblue said:

@bigade1

Any idea why POI notification doesn't work when I compile my own cameras with my PocketGPS cameras?   If I use your version notification works fine.    The cameras work fine, they just do not "BONG" as I approach them even though the Amundsen is set to notify my own POIs.    Obviously not life and death but just a little bug I would like to fix.  Cheers

Depending on the programme that you use to compile the files there's normally a setting to tick to allow an audible alert. I suspect that you may be using the free version of PoiBase and if I remember correctly it also wouldn't work for me when I tried it a year or two ago. Perhaps it's done deliberately to make you pay for the unrestricted version but I'm not certain. 

On 23/07/2021 at 17:02, bigade1 said:

Depending on the programme that you use to compile the files there's normally a setting to tick to allow an audible alert. I suspect that you may be using the free version of PoiBase and if I remember correctly it also wouldn't work for me when I tried it a year or two ago. Perhaps it's done deliberately to make you pay for the unrestricted version but I'm not certain. 

Cheers, I will have another look next time I do an update.   I paid 5 Euro's to unlock PoiBase so will have a look. 

Hi all, new Octavia VRS owner here :)   I have a 2010 with a Columbus Sat Nav (as pictured).  I have tried bigade1's files (thanks for this) and followed the instructions. (I do also have a pocketgpsworld sub)  But can't see to get the files to be able to load.  I have no "manage memory option".  Is my Columbus too old to support the files please? Many thanks in advance.

IMG_1689.jpg

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, MichaelTL said:

Not wise to have this in France. 

Or any other European country e,g. Germany, Turkey, Switzerland etc. that has restrictions on displaying speedcams on satnav devices but thankfully you can turn the speedcam display and audible alerts off in the device settings before entering any affected countries. That is the official advice given by the manufacturer TomTom to their particular device owners. Obviously, the onus is on anyone driving in a foreign country to make themselves aware of any motoring rules and regulations before driving there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MichaelTL said:

Not wise to have this in France. 

Last I heard because we left the EU if you’re caught speeding they can’t request our details to forward on the fine now, result.

Won’t help if you’re pulled over though

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 12:13, Danoid said:

Last I heard because we left the EU if you’re caught speeding they can’t request our details to forward on the fine now, result.

Won’t help if you’re pulled over though

Or if they are waiting for your next visit with the data at the port.

Hi guys. Newbie to the forum. Do these work for the MIB1?
tried downloading latest set, putting the PersonalPOI folder on and a different metadata2 file from page 2(?) earlier in thread, to no avail yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I am having a problem updating when I put the card in the SD slot it seems to read it OK as it says Software update is available.

But when I try to update it searches, then gives me  following Error : no data available. Please insert a source with software update or check the source

I have extracted the files and copied the PersonalPOI folder,

I note that there are subfolders MIB2HIGH and MIB2STD and both of these have personalpoi folders, so I tried copying the contents of these in to a personal poi folder and still get the same messages.

What I am I doing wrong?

Could it be because I am using the latest VW map update 2010?

I deleted the previous my personal poi on the system, these were the previous updates you posted.

Edited by BHughes

15 minutes ago, BHughes said:

Hi,

I am having a problem updating when I put the card in the SD slot it seems to read it OK as it says Software update is available.

But when I try to update it searches, then gives me  following Error : no data available. Please insert a source with software update or check the source

I have extracted the files and copied the PersonalPOI folder,

I note that there are subfolders MIB2HIGH and MIB2STD and both of these have personalpoi folders, so I tried copying the contents of these in to a personal poi folder and still get the same messages.

What I am I doing wrong?

Could it be because I am using the latest VW map update 2010?

I deleted the previous my personal poi on the system, these were the previous updates you posted.

OOps the two subfolders are MIB2 and MIB2STD.

MIB2 has a subfolder MIB2HIGH