1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

5 hours ago, AMC150 said:

Thank you for this info. Rainworth are my dealers and I reported my "fault" three days after taking delivery in July 18 but  I've had no offer of a replacement vehicle. I will be banging (loudly) on the Service Managers door tomorrow demanding one and quoting your case. 

I also have a replacement, dealership RRG in Rochdale were very good but it was Skoda UK that arranged mine, I'd be giving them a call. I think there is another poster on here who also went to RRG and Skoda have also put them in a replacement Tiguan.

I’d take a guess, this would be your route.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/finland/index_en.htm

Seller has to prove fault did not exist from the start within first 6 months (similar to UK CRA 2015.  Exception on first 30 days in UK law where burden of proof falls on consumer.  I used written evidence of fault received from SEAT technicians received before I even mentioned rejection to them).  They are unable to provide a fix at present so rejection route is pretty straight forward.  In UK, we have the added protection of the Financial/Motor Ombudsman services if retailer doesn’t act fairly, unsure if EU has anything like this or if it would require legal action.  Only thing I would add is that if you do continue to use the car, your case for rejection may be made weaker.  We left the car at dealer and refused to pick it up once our rejection letter had gone in.

• Like 1

We also refused to drive car again. Dealership & Skoda UK tried everything possible to try and force us to take back car. We stuck to our guns and got our rejection. The rejection itself was straightforward- Skoda don't have a legal leg to stand on in relation to the problems with these cars - it was the stalling antics, fobbing off and smoke and mirrors nonsense of dealership and Skoda UK that caused all the hassle.

Edited by LittleOwl
Missing word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Armeg1 said:

Update.

The service manger has now offered me a car until mine is fixed.

I have agreed this with a time limit of 2 weeks if not fixed in that time scale I will reject the car for full refund.

I would be very suspicious if the car came back 'fixed' within two weeks as the 'official fix' is always quoted for the second quarter of this year.

• Like 1

I had the following email from the DVSA on Monday 4/3, following a complaint about 'kangarooing' and 'dying' when pulling out:

Our ref: VSD 29961

Please accept this Email as confirmation that the Review stage of your Defect Report is now complete.

The Manufacturer has now been contacted and has been given 28 days in which to respond.

We will endeavour to update you with the progress of the Case, and inform you of any outcomes.

I'm very much looking forward to the outcome!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FwineF said:

I had the following email from the DVSA on Monday 4/3, following a complaint about 'kangarooing' and 'dying' when pulling out:

Please accept this Email as confirmation that the Review stage of your Defect Report is now complete.

The Manufacturer has now been contacted and has been given 28 days in which to respond.

We will endeavour to update you with the progress of the Case, and inform you of any outcomes.

Matters are certainly warming up nicely.

VAG Group are going to have to start coming up with answers.

Also noticed so many of the VAG group Twitter feeds are being hit with negative comments on this issue.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FwineF said:

I'm still waiting for the reply from "The Manufacturer" which was due at the end of Feb, after submitting the complaint at the beginning of Feb. Don't hold your breath.

4 hours ago, FwineF said:

I've had exactly the same answer from them. The only thing they regret is the fact that I no longer own the vehicle. But fair enough they still going ahead with it. The only thing they asked for is some evidence of the fault. So I provided them with that bad copy of the now "infamous" ;-) tpi report. Fingers crossed things will start moving the right direction. 

• Like 1

Today, i received a reply from DVSA - my original submission was made on January 28th.

St Edmund 

Further to our previous mail; 

The manufacturer has responded and advised investigations are ongoing into this issue. 

Regards   J.C.

So it looks as though the DVSA has been fobbed off as well. There appears to have been no action regarding dangerous cars being sold to an unsuspecting public.

Has anyone any idea what the DVSA is for?

They politely ask the manufacturer are they aware of any issues to which they get one of two replies. We are not aware (lies) or we are aware and are working on a solution which will be available to roll out by Q2 (June 2019). DVSA can go back to sleep knowing they have done their job having asked the very difficult question they are paid to do. Everyone's happy apart from the poor customer, such is life.:angry:

• Like 1

Last week my kangaroos have become rare (previously it was constantly on both hot and cold). Now is 4970km. 

All the time I use 98 petrol (just first 600km was 95). 

Now I again try use 95, and kangaroo become even rarer о_О. But lost pawer and restart engine now happen more often! 

The problem is that I applied to the state consumer protection service. Now I have to go to the dealer again to check again. But kangaroo and loss of power now is rarely, for this can be easily not found on this test.

It is fail.

Edited by kifir

All reply’s confirming all faulty Karoq owners will have a full money back offer was sent to all unhappy customer last week on the 31st february.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

All reply’s confirming all faulty Karoq owners will have a full money back offer was sent to all unhappy customer last week on the 31st february.

...and to be paid on the 1st April no doubt.....!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sad555 said:

31st February.....wow!

2 hours ago, Sad555 said:

By my reckoning, that means never. Damn, those CS guys are simply clever!

4 minutes ago, xman said:

By my reckoning, that means never. Damn, those CS guys are simply clever!

It's the Chinese calendar. That's why they manage to do more work than us because they have made every month 31 days so as not to confuse the great unwashed. They are taught that there are 372 days per year and have 12 official holidays, leaving 360 to be productive.:thumbup:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

They are taught that there are 372 days per year and have 12 official holidays, leaving 360 to be productive.:thumbup:

So thats why fixed servicing is 15000km/372 days! (sic)

But when is Feb 31? Is it next year?