1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

12 hours ago, Armeg1 said:

I went petrol due to the car been cheaper on pcp.

I was offered a diesal replacement for the faulty 1.5 with no cost to me.

My dealer was great and we got a cheaper deal on a diesal with better spec.

8000 miles ish a yr my driving is a bit of everything so hoping the dpf won't be a problem .

No wonder you're happy, you did very well there then. Good job you weren't offered the 1.6 diesel as I had one as a courtesy car and found it gutless and problems have been reported with that engine.

With the 2.0 diesel the Karoq should be ideal. Just give it a good blast now and then!

3 hours ago, rayx said:

Well, I would recommend to change your dealer, they do not know what they are doing ...

Just checked again on erWin, Skoda released yesterday new data block dated 9th April, updates for Superb ECU 05E906018C and Karoq ECU 05E906018R still there, files dated 11th April, nothing is withdrawn ...

I can’t understand, Octavia is some of the best-selling cars in many countries ( must be a lot cars already sold), why update ignores us. 

(Sorry, it is Karoq forum, but  live with a kangaroo every day at any engine temperature kills me...)

The karoq had its 1st service today. Surprise surprise, they couldn't find any issues pulling away and had no knowledge of any updates for any Skoda vehicle. 

It’s embarrassing that some dealers are still saying there are no issues, I’ve been a hire car for 9 weeks and have now had enough of the whole thing, my dealer doesn’t seem to give a toss but Skoda Uk took me out of the car, embarrassing and shameful the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Reference VAGCCF's comment regarding the gutless 1.6 diesel. I rejected our 1.5 sel Tsi  petrol some time ago for kangaroo and flat spot second gear problems and decided to go for the 1.6 TDI DSG .I don't find it at all gutless. So far it's done 3200 miles and it drives really well. Low down torque when required and some punch when overtaking. Strange how some of these motors seem to differ. I suppose a lot depends on what satisfies one driver doesn't satisfy another. We all have opinions, I would recommend anyone to take a test drive and make up your own mind, gutless or not gutless.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2019 at 14:58, driventodevon said:

Interesting!  They did say that they had been unable to download an update for a Karoq today, which is what made them aware that the fix had been withdrawn. Maybe they were leaping to conclusions about the Superb on the basis of that experience, I don't know. 

Still, it is bringing me a step closer to outright rejection of the car while I still have the consumer rights to allow a return within six months of delivery.

On 12/04/2019 at 15:48, rayx said:

Well, I would recommend to change your dealer, they do not know what they are doing ...

Just checked again on erWin, Skoda released yesterday new data block dated 9th April, updates for Superb ECU 05E906018C and Karoq ECU 05E906018R still there, files dated 11th April, nothing is withdrawn ...

And today it transpires that the update *is* still available after all.  Dealer error!

2 hours ago, MJ1 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/47937141

Some of the top bods being held to account for these sort of issues.

In part this issue stems from the cheating under this man's watch...

"win back customer confidence" You mean like you're dealing with customers with 1.5 TSI issues by initially denying that there are problems, continuing to supply cars with "characteristics" and then belatedly providing software updates to some cars, not all, which may work in part but may also affect the car's performance. Leopards and spots spring to mind.  

• Like 1

Yes you are right, culture in a company is set from the top and changes with the speed of an oil tanker setting a new course.

Hopefully in some years time we will see a different company emerging from this mess.

I had a courtesy text from my dealership asking about my experience of having my car serviced with them. I replied with my frustration about how they denied all knowledge of any fault or update. I shall await their reply. 

4 minutes ago, Janner74 said:

I had a courtesy text from my dealership asking about my experience of having my car serviced with them. I replied with my frustration about how they denied all knowledge of any fault or update. I shall await their reply. 

Don't hold your breath while you wait for a response.:sweat:

25 minutes ago, MJ1 said:

Yes you are right, culture in a company is set from the top and changes with the speed of an oil tanker setting a new course.

Hopefully in some years time we will see a different company emerging from this mess.

In order for a company to change attitude and way of reaching the customer, there must be a significant decrease in sales. That, despite the fact that VAG has several reliability issues with the tsi engines for years and some other major scandals following, they still keep the sales up in very high feagures. Sie Germans still rule in all industryies (from domestic appliances to lorries)

Edited by fidelio

19 minutes ago, Janner74 said:

I think you said your car was built in January 2018?  The updates released are only for MY19 cars (in other words cars built in the factory after August 2018).  I would suggest that you tell your dealer that you are aware of this and ask them to find out when the update for earlier years will be released.

(My opinion only, but I am not sure a text message will convey fully the strength of your obvious unhappiness about this situation.)

Edited by driventodevon

18 minutes ago, driventodevon said:

I think you said your car was built in January 2018?  The updates released are only for MY19 cars (in other words cars built in the factory after August 2018).  I would suggest that you tell your dealer that you are aware of this and ask them to find out when the update for earlier years will be released.

(My opinion only, but I am not sure a text message will convey fully the strength of your obvious unhappiness about this situation.)

I only became aware that the update was only available for MY2019 cars after the service but I did ask them to let me know if and when an update for MY2018 cars does become available. My frustration was with the fact they denied any knowledge of the problem and an update for any models. I've started with a text but have asked for an emailed response. If I don't hear anything back then I'll email them and copy in Skoda UK. 

21 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Our Karoq was built in 2017 and I have been growing a ZZ Top Tribute beard in the last 15 months whilst waiting for the infamous fix.:rock:

it must be costing them a packet in hire cars, I'm still in mine with no indication of a fix.

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

it must be costing them a packet in hire cars, I'm still in mine with no indication of a fix.

I’ve been in my hire car for 10 weeks, have told them I don’t want my Krockof back, been waiting 3 weeks for dealer to arrange for me to go in and see if they can get me into something else, still nothing from them, in the process of trying to reject the car. 

From the 'Delivery Times' thread, I see that folks are still eagerly anticipating the arrival of their new Karoqs; I wonder which engine variants are being ordered.

Is anyone still asking for the 1.5 petrol?

Are they mad?

17 hours ago, fidelio said:

In order for a company to change attitude and way of reaching the customer, there must be a significant decrease in sales. That, despite the fact that VAG has several reliability issues with the tsi engines for years and some other major scandals following, they still keep the sales up in very high feagures. Sie Germans still rule in all industryies (from domestic appliances to lorries)

Dead right. As well as sales they are making a fortune from financial services.

There are things about this whole smelly affair that I just don't understand. When faced with a 1.5 petrol vehicle being rejected, why doesn't Skoda offer to replace it with a 'current' 1.5 instead i.e. one that doesn't kangaroo down the road or stagger into traffic at junctions? Everyone who has owned a Karoq says that the car is excellent ....... apart from that 1.5 engine; I would certainly be willing to swap mine for a good 'un. In principle, the Karoq ticks all of our car-requirement boxes.

Or, is that VAG/Skoda don't have an answer and are continuing to produce the same dodgy 1.5-powered cars and selling them to unsuspecting buyers? If this were to be the case, as I suspect that it is, then it is a scandal and we can only conclude that the press has been gagged by the threat of withdrawn advertising revenue.