1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

@tigermad

VW pretend to not know either, but then they pretend to not know why their Software manipulation lead to the issues in the first place.

There is something you need to remember, VW are proven lying cheating greedy barstewards as admitted in the USA but denied anywhere else.

Well except in Germany, but they think that as being a good thing keeps the economy strong, or it did.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.1c5f154eb3a9e5b957c098c67aac4000.jpg.a37c9dd7685ece1ef13cde25a3f1b9a6.jpg

• Like 1

@kifir Do you know what Engine Control Unit you have in your MY2018 Octavia III? Did you get any paperwork from the dealer or do you know what software version was applied?

Octavia MY 2018 should have ECU number 05E906018A, for such no new update version than 6019 was released so far, so would be interesting to know what do you have in your Octy.

List of updates available for DADA and DACA 1.5 TSI Engines,

in Karoq used ECUs 05E906018 ending P or R or S or AT, same as for VW T-Roc and Seat Ateca (no data guarantee :cool: )

image.png

Edited by rayx
  • Thanks 1

Can you please tell me where to find the ECU number on my Skoda Karoq? The number I have found doesn't seem to correspond to any listed. Thanks

Engine ECU is mounted at engine bay, unfortunately under protective cover with non removable shear bolts, so you can not see the numbers printed on its label.

So the only easy way how to find out what ECU you have there is to use the diagnostics as even VAG ETKA catalogue can give wrong results...

1565114154_KARECU.thumb.jpg.68c1a55a66b30935466b0048a2687726.jpg

26 minutes ago, rayx said:

@kifir Do you know what Engine Control Unit you have in your MY2018 Octavia III? Did you get any paperwork from the dealer or do you know what software version was applied?

Octavia MY 2018 should have ECU number 05E906018A, for such no new update version than 6019 was released so far, so would be interesting to know what do you have in your Octy.

List of updates available for DADA and DACA 1.5 TSI Engines,

in Karoq used ECUs 05E906018 ending P or R or S or AT, same as for VW T-Roc and Seat Ateca (no data guarantee :cool: )

image.png

I don’t know my ECU number. How I can check it?

they don’t willingly give paper, all I could take out was a hand-written version of the firmware. 

do you think they fooled me? 😞

AB4E7EAE-B8DE-458C-9ED4-9A1E36347829.jpeg

• Like 1

@kifir Well, it seems that update for ECU 05E906018 BH was used indicating the version 9622, but ECU itself seems to be 05E906018 A, but I guess only.

Well, they should know what they do and if it´s possible to use that update. But it is usual that new firmware update changes the hardware version too :cool:

ECU 05E906018A was used until 1.10.2018 with code PR-7MV which means Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F

ECU 05E906018BH was used from 1.10.2018 with the same emission homologation Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F, so still without OPF ...

First Octavias with OPF had ECU 05E906018AL, from 30.7.2018 till 8.7.2019, code PR-7CS, which means Emission standard EU6 BG/H/I

and actualy from 8.7.2019 Octavias have ECU 05E906018AS, code PR-4BF, which means Emission standard EU6 DG

all version still same engine code DADA, so 1.5 TSI 110kW, only at Octavia III ...

Edited by rayx

4 minutes ago, rayx said:

@kifir Well, it seems that update for ECU 05E906018 BH was used indicating the version 9622, but ECU itself seems to be 05E906018 A, but I guess only.

Well, they should know what they do and if it´s possible to use that update.

ECU 05E906018A was used until 1.10.2018 with code PR-7MV which means Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F

ECU 05E906018BH was used from 1.10.2018 with the same emission homologation Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F, so still without OPF ...

First Octavias with OPF had ECU 05E906018AL, from 30.7.2018 till 8.7.2019, code PR-7CS, which means Emission standard EU6 BG/H/I

and actualy from 8.7.2019 Octavias have ECU 05E906018AS, code PR-4BF, which means Emission standard EU6 DG

all version still same angine code DADA, so 1.5 TSI 110kW, only at Octavia III ...

I hope they really update my car, and not just a parameter reset (for example).

But right now car really feel like completely different.  

My car was made 24.07.2018, unfortunately this is all the data that I have(((

Jerking was every day, every weather and every engine temperature. And I hope it newer back again:(

It was terrible 16000km...

thank you for a lot information! 

@dnzbdr in general yes, but 4x4 versions have different ones

@Janner74 if you ask about Karoq, so yes, currently only Skoda have available update version 05E906018P_9752 for your Karoq without OPF, likely first test drivers for VAG group ... :tongue:

@kifir It is usual that new firmware update changes the hardware version too, so trust them, your ECU is SW updated and its HW number was changed too, from A to BH suffix.

Edited by rayx

3 minutes ago, rayx said:

@dnzbdr in general yes, but 4x4 versions have different ones

@Janner74 if you ask about Karoq, so yes, currently only Skoda have available update version 05E906018P_9752 for your Karoq without OPF, likely first test drivers for VAG group ... :tongue:

@kifir It is usual that new firmware update changes the hardware version too, so trust them, your ECU is SW updated and its HW number was changed too, from A to BH suffix.

Thank you @rayx. It is for a Karoq. That is great news. I'll phone my dealership today. 

Just had a look at the relevant technical service bulletin for my MY18 Octavia on erWin.  The key bits are here:

image.thumb.png.4473aa96d1cad87aa1976e82db8edc49.png

image.thumb.png.33f0dd362c2fb7b9c68a12b4ca954ec4.png
So, looks like kifir's update was the correct one for MY18.  As rayx suggested, CO version changes from A to BH.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GaryL said:

Just had a look at the relevant technical service bulletin for my MY18 Octavia on erWin.  The key bits are here:

So, looks like kifir's update was the correct one for MY18.  As rayx suggested, CO version changes from A to BH.

@GaryL Where on the erWin page do you find this information? Is it content available only with paid access? 

I have an Octavia from 2019 produced in June/July with the same issue so it seems like the version of my ECU is most likely 05E906018AL or maybe even 05E906018AS for which there are no updates yet so waiting eagerly.

2 hours ago, GaryL said:

Just talked with my service guy and showed him this TPI.

I have MY2017 A3 Stronic, ECU #05E 906 018 A, but he told me he needs a code named 'SVM' indicated in TPI as it is needed for my Audi engine to be updated. I was told, he has to enter this SVM code in order to get the updated software from the system. He says he cannot see any bulletin related with my engine while checking it regularly.

Any idea what that SVM code could be or where can I find it?

Great discussion and very helpful by the way, thank you.

@Poul TPI was up to date at the moment of its release, see table of currently available updates 😉 For 05E906018AL is already version 9692 available, but dealers will wait for TPI update ...

@dnzbdr Audi has released no updates so far for A, you have bought bad brand car ... 😜 SVM stay for Software Versions Management.

Edited by rayx

@Paul  Yes, erWIn is paid access only (€7+VAT for 1 hour).  Can't quote the exact wording (my 1 hour has expired) but a node called something like "What's New" in the maintenance section.

@dnzbdr Sorry, not familiar with the SVM term.  I did a quick search of my PDF of the TPI and see no mention of it.

The xls list only show complete overview of data files which are released for each brand. Does not mean all are the latest ones, so you can notice, some ECU have more then one SW version available, other just one, usually the latest one but it could be too the same what is already applied in the car on the production line few months ago.

What is currious, same ECUs used abroad the VAG brands, but currently Skoda seems to be the first one to test all the healing updates ...

Why is it, are the Czechs the best ones, or are they and their customers the laboratory mice ... 😆

BTW.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Retrofitting#Software_Version_Management_.28SVM.29

I don’t know, should I  to write my comments, maybe someone will be interested.

Just for information, today 100km on traffic jam. Clutch is very sensitive, jerking sometimes happens (more often in second gear). 

In general, it is much better, but driving a car makes you be in constant tension (to avoid jerking) , there is no feeling of lightness like on other cars.

Just remind, before, I couldn’t start moving smoothly on my car

Edited by kifir

8 minutes ago, kifir said:

I don’t know, should I  to write my comments, maybe someone will be interested.

Just for information, today 100km on traffic jam. Clutch is very sensitive, jerking sometimes happens (more often in second gear). 

In general, it is much better, but driving a car makes you be in constant tension (to avoid jerking) , there is no feeling of lightness like on other cars.

Just remind, before, I couldn’t start moving smoothly on my car

Are you saying it hasn’t worked? People on here have been told they have to give it 600 miles don’t they?

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

Are you saying it hasn’t worked? People on here have been told they have to give it 600 miles don’t they?

No, it worked no doubt. Previously my car couldn’t drive smoothly under any conditions, now it drives perfectly at 95%, but keeps the driver in tension.

They didn't tell me about any 600 miles, although I also read about it here.  I hope this is true and the car needs time to adapt. 

Nobody should have to tell drivers / owners things and different things depending who is telling it 

it should be in writing in the form of and Official Document setting out what is being done to your property, why it is being done and what to do if you feel it does not work.

A Skoda / VW number and address for the issue to be logged officially and it not just a case of VW / Skoda using someone like Ipsos MORI to be contacting Registered Keepers.

Skoda / VW will just keeping coming away with the 1% or 2% of owners were not satisfied with the Updates.

They spend Millions on advertising, PR Companies / Media Launch's and wining and dining journalists, it is time owners expenses are paid for time back and fore to dealerships and the sort of hourly rate the Dealership gets paid getting paid to the inconvenienced owners.

Or they should have those Trained Techs they had for the Defeat Device Scandal Fix setup out doing home / work visits.

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 2

I can't  understand either why it works on some and not on others.

Had a call from Skoda UK yesterday the update has been released to fix the kangaroo on startup.

This is the last chance saloon then it goes back if no change.

2 minutes ago, Ducked said:

I can't  understand either why it works on some and not on others.

Had a call from Skoda UK yesterday the update has been released to fix the kangaroo on startup.

This is the last chance saloon then it goes back if no change.

When are you booked in for?