1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

“Inform the customer that Skoda strongly recommends application of the update but that we cannot be held responsible for any damage or losses incurred either directly or indirectly as a result of application of an ECU, software or firmware update."

This just proves that they are above the law in this country and that they will and they do get away with it. Apparently, in Australia VAG lost the court case in the Dieselgate affair. 👍 

https://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/vw-settles-australian-diesel-gate-class-actions-20190916-p52rqj.html

It's not complete win - win but if they settled out of court it means at least an admission of guilt. 

Edited by Xtra2

10 hours ago, Poul said:

My dealer says an update for my Octavia MY19, which i think has ECU 05E906018AL, is now ready for the kangaroo issue which wasn't the case when most other ECU's had the latest update ready. Will report back on Tuesday when it has been updated.

I have Octavia MY2019 as well with the same ECU number. I didn't have the kangaroo issue but the latest update has been applied today. I've driven around 100km so far since the update and it's a better car. Smooth, more dynamic and definitelly better response on throttle pedal. So far very satisfied.

9 hours ago, trek said:

I have Octavia MY2019 as well with the same ECU number. I didn't have the kangaroo issue but the latest update has been applied today. I've driven around 100km so far since the update and it's a better car. Smooth, more dynamic and definitelly better response on throttle pedal. So far very satisfied.

Hi. That’s sounds good. So what was wrong with your car originally?

12 hours ago, tigermad said:

Hi. That’s sounds good. So what was wrong with your car originally?

Nothing special was wrong. I just wanted to have the latest update applied because I felt that the engine could be better :) and there were some reports also on other forums that mentioned better throttle response, better dynamic of the engine etc...so I tried and I'm satisfied. so far 400 km driven since update

On 21/09/2019 at 10:49, kifir said:

Has anyone received an update that fix kangaroo for 05E906018BH ?

As I reported on 23rd August, my MY18 1.5L Octavia SEL Estate was updated from  05E906018A version 6019 to 05E906018BH version 9622.  Initially, all seemed much improved.  It has now done another 800 miles.  As time and miles wore on, the 1st gear hesitation became apparent again, though perhaps less intensely than before.  I have decided to take the financial hit and move on.  I have arranged to trade it in for one of the same model but with 2.0L 190PS DSG.

33 minutes ago, GaryL said:

As I reported on 23rd August, my MY18 1.5L Octavia SEL Estate was updated from  05E906018A version 6019 to 05E906018BH version 9622.  Initially, all seemed much improved.  It has now done another 800 miles.  As time and miles wore on, the 1st gear hesitation became apparent again, though perhaps less intensely than before.  I have decided to take the financial hit and move on.  I have arranged to trade it in for one of the same model but with 2.0L 190PS DSG.

There’s supposed to be a new update released beginning of September isn’t there? Or is that the one you had?

12 hours ago, tigermad said:

There’s supposed to be a new update released beginning of September isn’t there? Or is that the one you had?

If I understand correctly, BH (A) model had only one update in August It was “9622”. And it update doesn’t work (how I can see on this forum, and same for

me), but S and AL model received new update on September (orange in the table) and it sounds on forum’s like update which helped.01B80A06-6492-48D6-9B2C-1765478B4633.thumb.png.82398e31f7850a4eaf42928ee9a7dae7.png

It seems to me that anymore Skoda will not do anything, whether it helped or not 😞

13 hours ago, GaryL said:

Exactly the same result like I have. Today is 900km after update and kangaroo still here, and it looks like it comeback more every mileage. It is much better like untill update, but car still terrible.

Great option for you, congratulations!    

Edited by kifir

1 hour ago, Rich80 said:

hi, I had my 2nd update done for babyroo Wednesday and so far so good. Still no powerloss and MPG still improved to around 45.

What is your ECU and what is update version? 
Kangaroo was fixed??

18 hours ago, tigermad said:

As @kifir says, 9622 is still listed as the latest (and only) fix for the MY18 Octavia and was released in mid-August.  I think fixes for some of the other variants weren't in the initial batch and it was these that were expected in September.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GaryL said:

As @kifir says, 9622 is still listed as the latest (and only) fix for the MY18 Octavia and was released in mid-August.  I think fixes for some of the other variants weren't in the initial batch and it was these that were expected in September.

Dis you know this TPI is now marked as completed? 
Just want to understand, they think that task is complete or are still looking for a solution. 

That’s about right. In addition i think that the behavior after the update is not similar between MY19 and MY18. MY19 report total recovery and absence of the roo, while MY18 report that something is still there. Is that the case?

In my MY18 i can say that VW now has succeded in what they were telling us about. While we reported that the "hesitation" was happening at every temperature range, they insisted in describing it only until 75 degrees.

Well now after the update the behavior is exactly that. Any of the roo sines (far less and not so intense) are happening until 75 degrees. After that, its a smooth ride allround.

I have little bit different things. 
Before update my car had kangaroo all the time except for a very cold engine. 
After update car (almost always) without kangaroo untill 75 degree, after kangaroo all the time with me. Especially  noticeable when downshifting to 1 or 2 gears. 
I will happiness man in the world when that car disappear from my life...

Seems that you have had and still got the worst engine etc ever produced by VAG! You should not have to put up with this car anymore. I wonder if you might be better off seeing a solicitor (initial consultation usually free) to see if you have a legal route you could consider. Anyway  the best of luck for your future motoring! 🤞

40 minutes ago, JakeB1941 said:

Seems that you have had and still got the worst engine etc ever produced by VAG! You should not have to put up with this car anymore. I wonder if you might be better off seeing a solicitor (initial consultation usually free) to see if you have a legal route you could consider. Anyway  the best of luck for your future motoring! 🤞

I was already at the lawyer and this visit killed me completely.

After my detailed story with evidence, letters, conclusions from the services, he said, “All we can do is go to court. It can take a year or two. And in case of loss you will have to suffer losses in the amount of 5-10000e”. Despite the law and its direct violation, the lawyer said that you can not foul on the seller.

I was afraid to go to court, as they probably have experienced lawyers who will find a way to turn everything against me.

And now after the update, it will be all the more difficult to prove the problem since the kangaroo comes in a chaotic manner and not always like before.

When trying to sell a car to a dealer, they offered me a price of -8000e from the cost of a new car (1 year and 16000km).

Despite the fact that they have on sale exactly the same car with the same mileage at a price of -2000e from the price of a new one.

I understand their thirst to earn twice, but despite everything that I have experienced with this car, they behave like wild scavengers.

Never VAG again!.

Wow! That's some outcome and a stark reminder that as individuals we stand no chance taking on these big businesses. Collectively we might stand a chance  but that would take some organising on an international scale and seems like 'pie in the sky ' .

**** street comes to mind but also VAG  never again!!😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JakeB1941 said:

Wow! That's some outcome and a stark reminder that as individuals we stand no chance taking on these big businesses. Collectively we might stand a chance  but that would take some organising on an international scale and seems like 'pie in the sky ' .

**** street comes to mind but also VAG  never again!!😉

We need a class action like in case of Dieselgate

On 20/09/2019 at 13:05, Poul said:

My dealer says an update for my Octavia MY19, which i think has ECU 05E906018AL, is now ready for the kangaroo issue which wasn't the case when most other ECU's had the latest update ready. Will report back on Tuesday when it has been updated.

I have now had the update yoday and so far it seems to work well. I don't feel any kangaroo effect. A few times in 1st gear without any gas I could see the rpms move up and down gently so same signature as before but to the extend where I couldn't feel it. 

Fingers crossed the car stays this way. 

My SEAT Ateca has been diagnosed, it's been confirmed that there is an issue with it, but as of yet there is no update available for my car. All I know is that my ECU is the R version. So for now, I have to live with the problem and wait.

Edit: 2019 (July) registered SE Technology manual.

Edited by 13TSI
  • Sad 1