Octavia 245 Owners Club

4 minutes ago, Mada said:

This was exactly my thinking as the dealer price matched NVS at the time. They even charged me the admin fee which was a bit of a cheek. The girl who sold me the car was brilliant but service has dropped after she left.

I didn’t hear from anyone at the dealership after the day I placed the order. A complete shambles all round really.

My my dealer did that with me too! I got a small victory as their excess mileage charge is less than NVS.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah did you drive their Meteor Grey demo? Don't know who bought in the end. It was up for a good price last time I checked.

I drove a black one that was fully spec’d, was their sales managers or something like that. 

6 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Not sure if this is the thread for this question or not but hey! This is my first properly quick car (to me anyway!), what’s the best way of building confidence for driving quickly but safely, getting to know how quickly to take corners and so on? 

Just gradually build up speed going into a corner you know well and don't get carried away or try to impress a mate. Tyres will lose grip laterally or sideways so understeer likely. If you can here tyre squeal in the dry your getting close to the tyres limit. Standard P Zeroes not very good in the wet, done 9,318 miles on mine now and lasting well but like the slow in fast out approach to corners, easier on the tyres.

• Like 1

I have a nice cross country route that I can use for work, I know that quite well so will just do it more often and go from there. I think I’ll turn the radio off so I can listen out for the tyres! 

8 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Standard P Zeroes not very good in the wet, done 9,318 miles on mine now and lasting well but like the slow in fast out approach to corners, easier on the tyres.

How ?

My fronts are shot at 7,700

On 12/05/2018 at 05:57, themanwithnoaim said:

How ?

My fronts are shot at 7,700

Still on 5mm on my o/s front at 8K. N/s already replaced due to pothole damage. Can't say I've noticed poor wet performance. 

Edited by juan27

On 11/05/2018 at 21:32, ScottyNS said:

Not sure if this is the thread for this question or not but hey! This is my first properly quick car (to me anyway!), what’s the best way of building confidence for driving quickly but safely, getting to know how quickly to take corners and so on? 

Without wanting to sound unkind have you never driven a slower car as fast as it can go? 

I kinda had an accident last time I did (thankfully no one was hurt and it was just me), despite that being quite some time ago I haven’t really pushed things, not around corners anyway. I’m getting there, but still have a way to go to make the most of this car.

10 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

I kinda had an accident last time I did (thankfully no one was hurt and it was just me), despite that being quite some time ago I haven’t really pushed things, not around corners anyway. I’m getting there, but still have a way to go to make the most of this car.

Go into YouTube and search for Reg Local. Watch his videos then practise on the road yourself. 

I think the great think about the VRS is how it can be very serene and unintrusive yet when you press the VRS button and put it in to sport you are almost driving a different car.

I know the sound is articifial in the cabin but it sounds fanastic, it also gathers pace from 30mph+ at a very impressive rate. My point is that you don't need to be on the edge of the car ending up in a ditch to enjoy it.

Mine had its first damage at 1900 miles, must have happened over the past week in a carpark at the supermarket I'm thinking....

It looks like a shopping trolley wheel bumped in to my front lip, you can see the little indentations where something bumped in to it at an angle and slide across :(  around 5mm of damage.

I have ordered a Skoda touch up kit so hide it, any advice on using it?  Build up thin laters and then put some lacquer over it?

Photo 13-05-2018, 2 25 09 pm.jpg

Edited by buaan

4 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

You can go really quite quickly in a 245 without even approaching its cornering limits.  Most modern cars have loads of grip and fairly foolproof handling.  Main thing is stay safe. 

Finally an owner, or should i say Leaser... haha

Had a great first 4 days with the car, I did think the ride was a little firm and noticed that all 4 tyres were inflated to around 48PSI... 

Brought them down a bit to 34-36 front to back (what i always ran in my 18s on my MK2FL) and as you'd expect it feels a little better. This might be a little soft, but ill have a play over the next few weeks to see hoe i get on. 

IMG_20180513_203737.jpg

Edited by Gobsheene

1 hour ago, Gobsheene said:

This might be a little soft, but ill have a play over the next few weeks to see hoe i get on. 

IMG_20180513_203737.jpg

Run mine at 42 all round but, I've got the DCC, you might find mid 30's there'll wear a little edgy & might just might be a little vague on turn in too but, try it & see

Edited by themanwithnoaim

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend an alloy wheel cleaner? Can I order a normal one, or do my standard 245 alloys need something different?

oh and one newbie question, is there a button inside the car for opening the boot? I might be blind, but I can’t see one for looking! I’ve checked the owner manual, but no clue really. 

Thank you

Edited by ScottyNS

7 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Can anyone recommend an alloy wheel cleaner? Can I order a normal one, or do my standard 245 alloys need something different?

oh and one newbie question, is there a button inside the car for opening the boot? I might be blind, but I can’t see one for looking! I’ve checked the owner manual, but no clue really. 

Thank you

I'm using Bilberry wheel cleaner at the mo...works well and is acid free. I also use Iron X for a deep clean every now and then. Both work very well...

In relation to the boot button inside the car... I don't think there is one in the car just on the key or the boot itself. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, NifNaf said:

I'm using Bilberry wheel cleaner at the mo...works well and is acid free. I also use Iron X for a deep clean every now and then. Both work very well...

In relation to the boot button inside the car... I don't think there is one in the car just on the key or the boot itself. :thumbup:

Thank you, will try out the billberry stuff. Will make a change from Autoglym for me. 

3 hours ago, Mark7 said:

The button for the boot is in front of the gear stick - picture of a car with a boot open.

image.png.b42ee6a9d73ba8b8e09d24cef8527a07.png

Yeah, don't have that button in mine. 

Ta muchly 

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

Yeah, don't have that button in mine. 

Ta muchly 

Me neither. Presumably that's for the electric boot opener?

Possibly so. It's the first car I've had for a while that doesn't have a button somewhere. 

Just seems odd that if the engine is running, you have to turn it off to allow someone else to open the boot. Unless there is a workaround that made the button redundant? Ah well. 

I'll check, it's more when I am already in the car with the engine running and someone else wants to get in the boot, I used to just have a button to pop the boot open. I'll have a play somehow. 

Mine is ex-dealer principle. Significant reduction on list.....

Roof wrapped, Splitter wrapped and Rieger front lower splitter on route. JB4 on order and those godawful black wheels will be getting dipped,. stripped and silvered ASAP!

fullsizeoutput_84.jpeg

• Like 1