Map update

I downloaded the 2019 update from @MartiniB's link. I've mastered the Mac rain dance and the Columbus unit found the SD card and started uploading the new data. I switched off the car when the update was only 54% completed and left the car sitting for five days before I needed it again. I was surprised when I started the car to see the update was 95% completed. Anyway, it's all loaded now.

I still only see the 2018/2019 update available on the Škoda portal. It says the next update is due August 2018. What's up with that? A couple months ago, it said the next update was due November 2018.

3 hours ago, aldouk said:

Can I update via a USB stick? All the info on here mentions about SD cards, but the update menu on the infotainment states SD/USB

Yes,

I had the same issue as you at first using a micro sd card in an adaptor, when I used a USB adaptor it worked first time

Has anyone updated Amundsen with the new maps? Which file(s) should be downloaded?

The update page looks pretty confusing to me as it says there are two files that can be downloaded, but actually there are 7. ECE1 contains data for Czech Republic and Slovakia, but for other files  there is no info which countries it covers. It is also strange that version is named ECE 2019/2020, but I am pretty sure that it should be ECE 2019. And message "Further update of GPS data will be in August 2018." is probably 6 months old.

Just now, aldouk said:

Doh, I’m only on 5mbps

Leave it downloading overnight

Im on 350mbps so it took about 20 mins for me, in fact it took longer to unpack to my SD card than the downloading of the 25gb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had no large SD card so I used a small external Samsung hard drive I had. formatted it to exFAT in windows . Downloaded the 2019 update to Laptop, took over an hour for 25gigs - the little downloader utility below wouldn't unpack the zip file, to full size files and folders, to the external drive - kept saying something about it not be "portable" , so I unpacked it using the windows Extract all circled in yellow below.

Loaded up fine on the Mark III superb , columbus - but was slow took an hour to load.

Next up how to get a reversing camera retrofitted, and then "maybe" a back window wiper ;-)

bit annoying as my car is Oct 2017 and doesn't have these features but I notice a lot of 2017 superb have a back window wiper for example.

image.png.f7d0399cd6f1580360050aa4f0da856b.png

Edited by BennyGil

8 hours ago, BennyGil said:

Next up how to get a reversing camera retrofitted, and then "maybe" a back window wiper ;-)

rear wiper were FREE option, links with pat codes:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/459195-to-wipe-or-not-to-wipe/?do=findComment&comment=5158407

Thanks MartiniB , I'm a bit frustrated and baffled at the person who bought it new (I got it 1 year old) for not getting a wiper but I guess he/she wanted clean lines.

Going to go for the parking camera retro fit to help alleviate the lack of vision issue.- black out window also a factor.

Have a guy here in Ireland quoting me €600 + VAT (120) so 720 -  including the parts which is a bit more that I was expecting.

I'm crossing topics, as this is about the software update so I'll leave it at that.

Love the 2017 Sportline overall cant believe the difference in the 2017 DSG model to my old manual 2011 diesel.- light years.

2019 map updated successfully today on the way back from Derbyshire. 

Interestingly, the infotainment crashed out today (before I did the update.) Tunred off the car two or 3 times then gave up. It was coming up with a few errors on the dash, including No SOS service and no sign recognition. A mile down the road I kept tapping the power button on the screen and it came back to life. 

Never happened before so a coincidence that I had done the 1st map update a week before or it’s jist throwing a wobbler. 

• 5 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:34, MartiniB said:

on Škoda's portal update usually comes with two weeks delay
but currently even VW portal do offer previous 2018/2019 maps
path to the new 2019 file i have guessed by modifying titles of previous files

read with Google Translate:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/516029945047155674/?m=516103337448309636&page=0#a516103337448309636

https://www.drive2.ru/l/503755546990477867/

Any idea when the next map-update will come?

It used to tell me on the download-page for my VIN (although it wasn't always correct) but nowadays it doesn't anymore.

Regards, Louis.

Edited by ForeeL

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Map Update

After checking my VIN daily, the update portal is now showing - for me at least-  the latest update ECE 2019/2020

• Like 1

Anyone else finding that the speed limits are a bit whacky now? Spent last week in Norfolk and satnav often showed incorrect limit (eg showing 60 in a 40 area). Judging by the signs themselves it wasn't down to them having changed recently.

Can't say that I noticed this in the previous update.

my new S3 is currently on its way from the docks to the dealer and hopefully with me by the end of next week. Will the PDI make sure it has the latest maps and software or do I need to do this myself do you think? I'll speak with the dealer and request it but do they usually do it?

7 hours ago, Bigpikle said:

Will the PDI make sure it has the latest maps and software or do I need to do this myself do you think? I'll speak with the dealer and request it but do they usually do it?

Nope. That's usually left to entice you back to their service department :)

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bigpikle said:

my new S3 is currently on its way from the docks to the dealer and hopefully with me by the end of next week. Will the PDI make sure it has the latest maps and software or do I need to do this myself do you think? I'll speak with the dealer and request it but do they usually do it?

Hello,

Would you be good enough to say when you ordered it?

Many thanks.