What have you done to your Superb III today?

19 hours ago, adamjackdrew said:

Haha!  I'll keep an eye out for you @SummersetBoy - if you get someone flash you (in a Black Superb) that'll be me...or a mad man waving from the side of the road.  

:D

I will have to try and remember this conversation so that my wave back is appropriate! :thumbup:

Second week of cleaning.

Week one saw the glass sealant (G Techniq) and the ceramic coating (Sonax CC86). Both applied well and the coating left a silky-smooth "wet" finish. Not endured any rain yet, but after washing this week, the coating means that dirt and water effectively slide straight off the paintwork.

Week two was touch-free wash with CYC Snow Foam and a splash of Chemical Guys Wash and Gloss, followed by a proper hand-wash to prep for the finishing. A generous application of both Poorboy's Black Hole glaze, and Poorboys EX-P Sealant to finish, finished with a silky finish of Poorboys Black Wax.

The wheels were sealed in the first week with two applications of Poorboys Wheel Sealant, and a third application went on this week to all accessible areas.

gzRUBKM.jpg

USCtLQ1.jpg

xaJD6Ff.jpg

Edited by Niyx
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Set the time to BST (as I still haven't got round to coding it to change automatically):dull:. Car / Settings / date and time / tick the "DST" box, for anyone who doesn't remember :).

Think that was a typo when you put DST instead of BST for British Summer Time, also known as non-EU after May 22nd.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Think that was a typo when you put DST instead of BST for British Summer Time, also known as non-EU after May 22nd.:tongueout:

I tried to code the change of letter in the infotainment, but my EU-made OBDeleven was having none of it :D.

Just now, john999boy said:

I'm wondering if this was all your own work  - or did someone stick a hand to the rear offside window! ;)

The Mrs reluctantly did the windows...!

5 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

@Kirksherratt what colour is that!? Mirror shine blue or what :O Fantastic shine there

Thanks @KeteCantek It's Quartz Grey, which IMO shines up beautifully. It's a wash and spray shine for now but will be going to town on it in a few weeks with some layers of wax and sealant, topped of with quick detailer to give it that glossy look. 

26 minutes ago, Kirksherratt said:

Thanks @KeteCantek It's Quartz Grey, which IMO shines up beautifully. It's a wash and spray shine for now but will be going to town on it in a few weeks with some layers of wax and sealant, topped of with quick detailer to give it that glossy look. 

You should call it mirror shine quartz. What QD did you use? Might consider having some of that magic mirror sauce even though mine is moon white 

1 hour ago, KeteCantek said:

You should call it mirror shine quartz. What QD did you use? Might consider having some of that magic mirror sauce even though mine is moon white 

I used a combo to be honest. One was Turtle Wax Spray shine and the other was a cheapy one. 

IMG_20190401_155115.jpg

6 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

@Kirksherratt thanks for that. Goes to prove you don't always need the fancy expensive stuff to get a nice shine. 

I'll only wax my car once or twice a year now with collinite 845 so will get some of those spray thingies for in between. 

You'll notice some Collinte in there too :)

IMG_20190324_172259.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the latest beta version of Carista to tweak various coding options on my new (to me) estate.

Turned off lock / unlock and tailgate beeps.

Turned on Scandinavian rear lights.

Turned on traffic sign recognition.

Turned on auto fan level display.

Turned on auto reverse wipe.

and probably a few other tweaks and touches I can’t remember...

Si.

I pranged it, messed up the rear offside wheek arch and passenger door.  Being collecte by the bodyshop on Monday to be repaired via the insurance company

Not the best pics due to the sun being out

Annoyed to say the least but at least its not too bad and will soon be back to how it was

20190328_150630110_iOS.jpg

20190328_150102402_iOS.jpg

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, JR RS said:

decided to finally install LED foglights.

looks smarter now and matches the DRLs and Xenons :)

103963827_ledfoglight02.thumb.jpg.445f0a5e35a77d6f3c214271a9addd08.jpg

2110974032_ledfoglight01.thumb.jpg.7890ea65302d6cc3006c2e44f324e86d.jpg

312570477_ledfoglight03.thumb.jpg.e266a023993f3121877b740925ca9cd7.jpg

This is something I must get around to doing on ours!

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:06, k.young said:

Would you have a link to these bulbs please?

sorry, turns out i bought the last of that particular kind.

however if u search for ebay buyer "sunyee-au", and look for h8 type bulbs, u'll get at least two results, that should work with the Superb.

the particular one i have is a fanless design, and best of all, can be turned/twisted to achieve the optimal light pattern.