What have you done to your Superb III today?

Ran mine until fuel was about as low as I dared to go... Filled it up and was a bit surprised to get over 68L into what I thought was a 66L tank!

Has anyone manage more than that or am i being ripped off 🙂 The indicated remaining range was 20kms so it must have had at least a litre in the tank...

IMG_6747.thumb.jpg.da57e2178ec7a063ae41a82762957965.jpg

Edited by ewlmr

6 minutes ago, ewlmr said:

Ran mine until fuel was about as low as I dared to go... Filled it up and was a bit surprised to get over 68L into what I thought was a 66L tank!

Has anyone manage more than that or am i being ripped off 🙂 The indicated remaining range was 20kms so it must have had at least a litre in the tank...

IMG_6747.thumb.jpg.da57e2178ec7a063ae41a82762957965.jpg

Think I got nearly 70 litres in my 2016 Superb with 5 miles range showing after 800 miles driven.

• Like 1

I regularly put in 70L, and I fill up when the range indicates approx. 20 kms left.

Most I've put in is 75L or so.

Here in Oz we get the larger tank.

Standard tank is OM4 = 66L

We also get 1Z2 = increase in initial  fuel standard.

This adds about 10-15L to the total capacity.

• Like 1

Not so much what I did today, but what more about what I discovered last night on a late motorway drive home.....I thought the ACC just did increments of +/- 5mph by moving the stalk up down, it turns out by pulling it towards you further it will increment by +1mph on each pull.  Handy for pushing to the max limit on those average speed sections!  (I was very bored...)

• Haha 1

The being bored bit was driven in part by trying improve my 26mpg average.   It lasted about 5 minutes before getting bored of being bored, at which point I reverted to normal 'spirited' driving mode..

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

The being bored bit was driven in part by trying improve my 26mpg average.   It lasted about 5 minutes before getting bored of being bored, at which point I reverted to normal 'spirited' driving mode..

When I collected my used 272 it was showing 32mph average speed and 32.5mpg (Long Term previous driver) so driven fairly gently I would assume but after just 865 miles I have increased these to 33mph average and 33.7mpg. Can't wait until it gets to 99hours 59 minutes and resets itself.:nerd:

1 hour ago, Chas51 said:

Not so much what I did today, but what more about what I discovered last night on a late motorway drive home.....I thought the ACC just did increments of +/- 5mph by moving the stalk up down, it turns out by pulling it towards you further it will increment by +1mph on each pull.  Handy for pushing to the max limit on those average speed sections!  (I was very bored...)

If the press the same button, which sets the speed_demand, it will decrement by -1mph on each pressure. ;) You can then adjust to exact required speed ! ;) 

Finally I got fed up with the squeaky rear wiper, it was really driving me mad.

So changed it for a Bosch Aeroblade (A403H), £9.50 from a trader on eBay. 

The instructions  suggests it’s a 15 second job. And believe it or not, it was!

Just hope it cures the noise, if not it’s only £9.50..

Out of interest, the same wiper was on special offer at Halfords for £12.99 plus postage (or a special trip to a local branch to do click and collect..)

On 24/01/2020 at 15:36, FatWolfie said:

Finally I got fed up with the squeaky rear wiper, it was really driving me mad.

So changed it for a Bosch Aeroblade (A403H), £9.50 from a trader on eBay. 

The instructions  suggests it’s a 15 second job. And believe it or not, it was!

Just hope it cures the noise, if not it’s only £9.50..

Out of interest, the same wiper was on special offer at Halfords for £12.99 plus postage (or a special trip to a local branch to do click and collect..)

Well done. One of the best upgrades available :)

• Like 1

Slight cheat as it was yesterday, drove 120 miles back home from Scarborough after a week away at the coast with the missus and our 2 dogs having covered about 600 miles in total with the car suggesting 42+ mpg, though fuelly doesn't quite agree.  First real outing and holiday in the car so some thoughts from a Skoda virgin.

Space - When I cleared out the junk from the cabin of the XC60 and got the Superb the interior cubbies looked so much smaller than the Volvos that I was mentally deciding what to ditch or how to rearrange stuff so the must have was close at hand and the less important stuff more distant.  Despite appearances the Superb swallowed everything with room to spare.  The dogs have cages on the back seats - ditto - and as they're now much nearer the ground they can jump in and out of them without needing to be lifted.  The boot, whilst longer looked quite narrow so again I was very pleasantly surprised to find that what I had to cram into the Volvo to keep below seat level went in with plenty of space to spare.

Driving -  After nearly 20yrs of 2L+ diesels the smaller petrol engine doesn't leave me feeling the car is in any way under powered, it's pretty lively.  The Volvo steering always felt vague whereas the Skoda seems far more precise.  I'm still getting used to the DSG but after a lifetime of manuals perhaps I've missed a trick as autos (OK, I know it's really an automated manual) are so much better than when I started driving.  My view was that they're just something else expensive to go wrong but in that regard at least I've put a 5yr warranty on it.  Using the auto with ACC is something I'm still toying with but compared to standard CC, which I only ever used much in average speed camera areas, it turns a "chocolate fireguard" into something really useful.  The drive mode option has got some stick too, with the sport ideal for giving it beans over the North Yorks Moors and Eco being usefully more frugal for the motorway journeys there and back.   The seats are not as comfy as Volvo's but neither are they uncomfortable, just not quite in the same class that Volvos are renowned for.

Technology - It's way ahead of my 5yr old Volvo, yes I know new ones will be more up to date but they've gone all ipady and all touch screen whereas I'm more at home with a steam driven laptop.  I like some buttons for functions like air con/heating.  The android auto is a real bonus and I'm using waze rather than the the skoda satnav as it's got speed cameras and much more besides, sure the maps are a bit "heath robinson" but the routing and live traffic to me give it the edge.  It's less sophisticated in some ways, no heated seat automation, but more so in others - double click on locking to disable internal monitoring required a trip through the menus in the old car.

Overall - As you can tell I'm really well impressed after 6 weeks and 1300 miles.  Early days but so far, so good.  Glad I came over to the dark side! !😁

• Like 2

I finally found some time to wash both the Superb and the Scala today. It had been way too long, but of course, it will take only a fraction of that time before it’s ridiculously dirty again.

Washed mine too at the weekend. Quartz grey is pretty good at hiding dirt, so you have to get relatively close to see it.

20200125_095447.thumb.jpg.d7d14d85ae7916848090d9e52d78380e.jpg20200125_095510.thumb.jpg.2ca0035a2b0d33cf0ddb21b67df0504e.jpg

Look at how quickly the rust appears on the brake discs during the wash process. 

20200125_103144.thumb.jpg.fdff1284d4c0a07f2470357cc9710ddf.jpg

Soon removed with a bit of vigorous braking. 

20200125_123910.thumb.jpg.c5ddabfcbdd977863c2cf62148fb2c92.jpg

And the final result is worth all of the work:). Today of course the car, like its owner, looks ready for the scrap-heap :D

• Haha 2

I've not washed mine in weeks... I might do it tomorrow if weather allows, petrol blue comes up nice when clean... Of course after a couple days it'll be back to looking a right mess 

• Like 1

My Black Magic paint looks like I've competed in a Rally through a Quarry. The joys of living near a real Quarry and every lorry that leaves coats the road in a muddy slime waiting for Bridgestone S001 235/40R19 tyres to flick it all over the car. Roll on summer when it's just dusty instead.

• Haha 1

Living in rural Lincolnshire where tractors deposit most of their fields onto the roads at this time of year, I could have planted spuds along the sides of my Black Magic Superb!

A few hours yesterday sorted that though and it looks pristine again now. Not for long though!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

@Bud Nice pics ! Were was it?

Did you refuel in between? ~1000 miles range with a 220 TSI looks awesome! 😮  

1,000 miles is 1,600km and with 8.1 litres per 100km means 129.6 litres to cover 1,000 miles which is 2 full tanks (66 litre full tank) so he was getting 500 miles per tank or about 34mpg.