What have you done to your Superb III today?

On 21/03/2020 at 08:14, penguin17 said:

I also got a good deal on having a rear camera retrofitted; a dog guard and  divider will be in the boot soon so rear mirror visibility will defo be reduced, I thought a camera would be a good idea.  If all goes to plan I should be collecting it on Tuesday, freshly serviced too. 

Hope you get an OEM retrofit instead of the dodgy crap UK dealers put on Kodiaqs! Enjoy the R estate, I've got one as a daily. Make sure you tune it as there's little change economy wise in my experience. Just please don't start a fuel economy thread, haha.

40 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Hope you get an OEM retrofit instead of the dodgy crap UK dealers put on Kodiaqs! Enjoy the R estate, I've got one as a daily. Make sure you tune it as there's little change economy wise in my experience. Just please don't start a fuel economy thread, haha.

Thanks. Yes it’s the pop out of the VW badge rear view camera, exactly the same as what’s fitted at the factory.  

Already looking at REVO options and my XLR pedal box will be fitted from day one. There’s a few nice OBD11 mods i’ll apply too. 

No economy thread 😂 I could have got a 1.6 TDI bluemotion if economy was a concern! 

7 minutes ago, g_tee said:

I gazed lovingly at my car whilst bringing the recycling bins in this morning. That's about all I can do at the moment!

Same. I took my wife's car to the supermarket for the weekly (non hoarding) shop. It reminded me how I need to wash both cars though 🙄

I could do with washing both ours, wifes is a soft top so that needs a clean too. I'd do it but - fortunately I have to work, and this morning I put my back out and cannot stand up straight. Wonderful. Maybe a weekend job, dig out all my cleaning supplies.

Honestly if a bad back is the worst thing I have to put up with over the next few weeks I will happily take it without (too much) complaint.

• Like 1

I park my car on the street. I washed and polished my car before the lockdown. It needs a wax. I'm trying to work out if I can justify waxing my car as my exercise for the day?

22 hours ago, freelunch said:

I park my car on the street. I washed and polished my car before the lockdown. It needs a wax. I'm trying to work out if I can justify waxing my car as my exercise for the day?

Surely ok if on driveway but in the street seems like a grey area. 

I'll probably do mine this weekend if the weather remains like this. On my driveway, alone! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

Surely ok if on driveway but in the street seems like a grey area. 

I'll probably do mine this weekend if the weather remains like this. On my driveway, alone! 

Agreed.  I'd be hesitant do do it on a street as it's a public place. 

I too plan to do a bit of detailing at the w'end.  The wifes Fabia never did get the collection detail I promised so I've taken delivery of some new Hexlogic pads and products and will make a start on that. 

Got an email from my dealer saying they are shutting up shop, with a limited chance to pick up pre-ordered cars up to COB tomorrow on an appointment-only basis. Seems sensible, and despite my frustration that I won't get a service in before my warranty runs out, I'm secretly relieved to have the temptation removed.

Keep having to remind myself that my first-world problems need kicking into touch right now. Survival 1: stupid concern about residual value of a lump of metal 0. Home win. Prize is a full correction detail once this is done with.👍

@penguin17 what's the deal with the Golf mate? Is it on hold or can you do the deal? Only if you want to say of course. 

6 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Got an email from my dealer saying they are shutting up shop, with a limited chance to pick up pre-ordered cars up to COB tomorrow on an appointment-only basis. Seems sensible, and despite my frustration that I won't get a service in before my warranty runs out, I'm secretly relieved to have the temptation removed.

Keep having to remind myself that my first-world problems need kicking into touch right now. Survival 1: stupid concern about residual value of a lump of metal 0. Home win. Prize is a full correction detail once this is done with.👍

@penguin17 what's the deal with the Golf mate? Is it on hold or can you do the deal? Only if you want to say of course. 

I got a call at 0745 on Tuesday morning to say that collection will be cancelled until the lockdown ceases.  Fair play, I wouldn't have expected any less.  My car hadn't been valeted so wasn't ready to out the door otherwise it would have been delivered to me instead.  

Just a waiting game now, I suppose that's true of life in general at the moment... 

I hope you and the family are safe and well Jeff.  Take care :thumbup:.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

I got a call at 0745 on Tuesday morning to say that collection will be cancelled until the lockdown ceases.  Fair play, I wouldn't have expected any less.  My car hadn't been valeted so wasn't ready to out the door otherwise it would have been delivered to me instead.  

Just a waiting game now, I suppose that's true of life in general at the moment... 

I hope you and the family are safe and well Jeff.  Take care :thumbup:.  

Makes complete sense. And best wishes to you and yours. 

• Thanks 1

Sold the MKIII and bought a MKiV PHEV L&K

Because of the lockdown you can get good deals, 700 miles on the clock delivered to my door so did not break the lockdown.

Just got to wait now to be able to use it 😞 

With all the changes it will take me a while to play in the drive to work them out 🙂 

John

Congrats on the new car! Any pictures?

It does sound like a very decent spec!

To be fair, it’s still a Mk.3, though. The iV has nothing to do with the generation of model, it’s just a designation Skoda uses for their hybrid/electric models.

Today I washed the car and realized that a small touch-up on a spray paint job (on a washing machine's front panel) left mist on the car's surface... damn it! I just did a couple of close range sprays because I noticed an imperfection when I put the panel to dry in the garage, but it was a cold, rainy day and the mist must have lingered in the air without drying... How do I get this out safely? Can I try an IPA wipe? It's unnoticeable by eye (thank God!) but I can feel it with my hands and it annoys me knowing it's there. I was thinking of giving it a go with auto glym's super dad resin polish, but I don't think this will get it out and I don't want to waste my time finishing up the car to have to redo it all again.

Anyway, I also took advantage of being outside to take  better photos of the parts that I wrapped in a brushed dark grey vinyl: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7xKDGPom29kTjGPc6

It looks really good but somehow the camera doesn't fully capture that, maybe because of the brushed effect...

2 hours ago, pcspinheiro said:

How do I get this out safely?

I would try clay in the first instance; make sure whatever clay you use you apply plenty of lubricant.  I'd have a go with Bilt Hamber medium grade clay and lube with plenty of water.