What have you done to your Superb III today?

15 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Good idea.

With the classic wire solution, when charging my phone, I put it horizontaly on the top of my Columbus in front of the left center air vent. No mod to do, and I can even adjust the air flow / air temp 😜

Thats what gave me the idea, i rest it on the magnetic charger on top of the display and use that vent to cool my magnetic wireless charger

On 03/10/2020 at 11:11, JR RS said:

Finally washed after many many weeks n weeks!!
Also, I was feeling a bit "foggy" - so I vinyl tinted it in light smoke black, and got fog light frames 😊

Next I'll b vinyl tinting the rear tail lights in light smoke black too.  They r however more complicated to do with complex lines n curves.

IMG_03102020_180831_(1080_x_719_pixel).thumb.jpg.3566dd195ad86bfd2fe573c8263cb7f6.jpg

IMG_03102020_180852_(1080_x_694_pixel).thumb.jpg.def91aad05b37f4b8981d20196298a37.jpg

I noticed that your superb limousine/hatchback goes with stainless steel boot loading sill as in the picture above. Do you or someone else have the part code for this? My dealer tried to prove me, that stainless steel sills go with combi only. Mine currently is 3V5863459G 9B9. Its without electric towbar, but has integrated warning triangle holder. Thanks! I'm new superb owned and will come with my retrofits quite shortly.

5 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

I noticed that your superb limousine/hatchback goes with stainless steel boot loading sill as in the picture above. Do you or someone else have the part code for this? My dealer tried to prove me, that stainless steel sills go with combi only. Mine currently is 3V5863459G 9B9. Its without electric towbar, but has integrated warning triangle holder. Thanks! I'm new superb owned and will come with my retrofits quite shortly.

Just had a look on the parts catalogue and there are 3 variants - all are black, no chrome. the 3V5 indicates its for a hatchback. 3V9 would be for a estate and has 2 variants - 3V9863459 and 3V9863459A both again are shown as black (but do have the chrome strip)

I dont believe they are interchangable sadly!

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

Just had a look on the parts catalogue and there are 3 variants - all are black, no chrome. the 3V5 indicates its for a hatchback. 3V9 would be for a estate and has 2 variants - 3V9863459 and 3V9863459A both again are shown as black (but do have the chrome strip)

I dont believe they are interchangable sadly!

Thanks. This is what I think as well, you cannot swap it between combi and limousine. It's just interesting how @JR RS managed to get the stainless sill. Probably its not oem.

1 hour ago, BurtMacklin said:

Thanks. This is what I think as well, you cannot swap it between combi and limousine. It's just interesting how @JR RS managed to get the stainless sill. Probably its not oem.

Mine is not OEM.

It's an AliExpress part.

As above - the hatch does not have a chrome factory part, like the wagon does, nor r they compatible.

535118147_PXL_20220101_0745573492.thumb.jpg.9932b69d8e6c699383f1a329f65030a6.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 16:01, JR RS said:

Mine is not OEM.

It's an AliExpress part.

As above - the hatch does not have a chrome factory part, like the wagon does, nor r they compatible.

535118147_PXL_20220101_0745573492.thumb.jpg.9932b69d8e6c699383f1a329f65030a6.jpg

Do you have a link for the part on AliExpress? A related question to your Rieger tuning side skirts. Actually, they look nice, but what about the front mudflaps? Can you still fit them after side skirts are installed? How about the fitment of the side skirts, do they require drilling or you just attached with adhesive?

57 minutes ago, BurtMacklin said:

Do you have a link for the part on AliExpress? A related question to your Rieger tuning side skirts. Actually, they look nice, but what about the front mudflaps? Can you still fit them after side skirts are installed? How about the fitment of the side skirts, do they require drilling or you just attached with adhesive?

AliExpress part I got before is no longer available.  Will try n find a similar one n let u know.  

With regards to the Rieger side skirts - no the front mud flaps no longer fit, unless u modify them, which I did.  Basically I cut the mudflaps to shape around the side skirts.

PXL_20220819_010721937.thumb.jpg.20e0875b27f9cee6bb2a71aef6d957b5.jpg

The side skirts mount on to existing holes in the wheel arches, on each end.  Along the centre, I used sikaflex automotive adhesive to hold it in place.

Screenshot_20221227-165437.thumb.png.0715edfe9e10ee134c0ef916326176dd.png

It comes with all the necessary bits to mount it, and detailed instructions....

Screenshot_20221227-165617.thumb.png.b5a7c6169e6dc90c8d3e27e2ae25beec.png

Been 3 years now - still holding strong.

630605855_PXL_20221204_0206476512.thumb.jpg.056578ac2d69c4bfafd598f19ce8021f.jpg

• Like 1

Got in the car the other day and key fob battery warning came up.

Put in new battery I had sitting around for a year and 100% dead.

Used my spare key, same message 🥲. Just went to Screwfix to get two new ones and good for now.

Hopefully Skoda at some point will put in rechargeable batteries which get charged as you drive, simply stupidly obvious thing to do 

1 minute ago, Danoid said:

Got in the car the other day and key fob battery warning came up.

Put in new battery I had sitting around for a year and 100% dead.

Used my spare key, same message 🥲. Just went to Screwfix to get two new ones and good for now.

Hopefully Skoda at some point will put in rechargeable batteries which get charged as you drive, simply stupidly obvious thing to do 

The issue with rechargeable batteries in the key. You need to put the key in/on something to charge them. Which then defeats the point of keyless.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

The issue with rechargeable batteries in the key. You need to put the key in/on something to charge them. Which then defeats the point of keyless.

Ah good point, I’ve not keyless personally. I guess they could make it wireless charging though and put it on the charge pad in the car when it says it’s low

had mine handwashed by someone else. about time, too, apparently the dirt was sticking in places... but they did a good job and I'm satisfied. Now to be medically cleared to drive again would be nice....

In the past few days I purchased a Noco Genuis 5 trickle charger and the Noco Boost Plus portable jump starter. My car's battery is about 5 years old and still going strong, though for a while it had a low charge (the "Manouveur braking currently unavailable" sign). Hoping it keeps going strong.

22 minutes ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

In the past few days I purchased a Noco Genuis 5 trickle charger and the Noco Boost Plus portable jump starter. My car's battery is about 5 years old and still going strong, though for a while it had a low charge (the "Manouveur braking currently unavailable" sign). Hoping it keeps going strong.

It's doing well at 5 years old. Both my Mk2 & Mk3 Superb batteries failed at around 3.5 & 4 years respectively. My current car's stop start AGM battery lasted a bit longer but sitting for long periods during 2020 lockdowns did for it. The first signs were that the stop-start stopped working for long periods of time which indicates a low state of charge. I don't think the OEM batteries were of the best quality. I changed the M2 Superb battery myself but the Mk3 needs to be recoded when changed so I had to have it supplied & fitted by others. After that experience I too got a Noco charger & a Noco boost jump starter which lives in the boot. Not had to use either since😒 I charge up the booster from time to time at home or, on a longer trip, I plug it into the boot 12v socket to charge. Just have to remember to disconnect it at the end of the trip cos the 12v & USB sockets stay live all the time which could, ironically, drain the battery if anything is left plugged in.    

5 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

It's doing well at 5 years old. Both my Mk2 & Mk3 Superb batteries failed at around 3.5 & 4 years respectively.

Same for me. I had to change the battery on my former Mk2 after only 3.5 years.

My Mk3 is exactly 5 years old in 2 days and still has its 1st mount battery. I'm quite positively surprised since it has Stop & Start, heated windshield, and many other equipment that can drain the battery.

I cross the fingers that it can last 1 or 2 years more (fortunately, I have several trips over 25 km / 25 mn drive every week, to keep it charged). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Same for me. I had to change the battery on my former Mk2 after only 3.5 years.

My Mk3 is exactly 5 years old in 2 days and still has its 1st mount battery. I'm quite positively surprised since it has Stop & Start, heated windshield, and many other equipment that can drain the battery.

I cross the fingers that it can last 1 or 2 years more (fortunately, I have several trips over 25 km / 25 mn drive every week, to keep it charged). 

My Superb is 6¼ years old and still on its original battery.  In mid-December, we had a period of cold weather when it was below zero all day and up to -11C at night.  The car had been standing outside for a while and started OK, but as expected it was a bit sluggish turning over.  Stop/Start didn't operate until it'd had a good run and the engine was hot, but it operated as normal after that.  Nowadays, the only longer runs the car gets in the winter are 20 miles each way to either Abergavenny or Merthyr Tydfil.

Really interest accounts from everyone on their battery. I noticed my battery getting low from the previously mentioned warning you get "Manoeuvre braking currently unavailable." when you start up the engine. I've also been using the heated windscreen, AC and heating on full blast during the cold weather, that and the infotainment screen being on, dashcam powered from the USB port and then a relatively short journey all drained the battery.

I've since turned off the interior lights, plugged the dashcam to an external battery back, turned off the infotainment and driven for longer (one night I just decided to do a long lap along the south coast) and it's since improved the battery charge. I no longer get the "Manoevure braking currently unavilable." warning. One other thing I should mention, I always turn off the Auto Stop/Start system when I start up the car and rarely use it, though I'm still contemplating whether I should get the Auto Disable Stop/Start module from overseas....

• Thanks 1

@SomethingSuperbly Thanks for this feedback. I hadn't made a possible link between the "Manoeuvre braking currently unavailable" warning upon the engine start up, and the battery charge level. I'll pay closer attention to this. May be my battery needs being charged a bit.  

On 28/12/2022 at 21:11, SomethingSuperbly said:

I would hasten you to use the charger asap, as that will keep the battery in its best state at all times. I’ve just returned after a 1100 mile trip and I’ve put straight onto the CTEK charger. 

So I’ve managed to find estate led boot lights for half the price of superskoda that don’t throw up errors.

After trying 6 sets of them I’ve found a quality set that don’t cause the boot to throw a tantrum.

Would any of you be interested in them? Could buy a bulk load and send them out in the U.K. for £20 posted and packed.

3BAE1354-617E-4647-929C-82C30CFF25F5.thumb.jpeg.e4eb83d5f0233aa918b6ff79378ab6c2.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MVSWYB8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Finally got round to fitting an auto start / stop invert cable, so easy to fit and works a treat! The ability to turn it back on is quality!

Cheaper on fleabay but thought would get better support thru' Amazon!

Lets hope it lasts!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

So I’ve managed to find estate led boot lights for half the price of superskoda that don’t throw up errors.

Thats good. Does that include not giving a “Boot Open” warning on the dash when you open the glovebox? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, numskull said:

Thats good. Does that include not giving a “Boot Open” warning on the dash when you open the glovebox? 

Yeah, no light issues, no boot open warning, no constant latch clicking.

12 hours ago, numskull said:

I would hasten you to use the charger asap, as that will keep the battery in its best state at all times. I’ve just returned after a 1100 mile trip and I’ve put straight onto the CTEK charger. 

All good and done. 👍 Remembered to attach the positive first, then the negative to the mount on the engine chassis then turned it all on. Picked the regular 12V charge and then left it for a few hours and came back to find that it had charged pretty quickly too. No errors anywhere.

2 hours ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

All good and done. 👍 Remembered to attach the positive first, then the negative to the mount on the engine chassis then turned it all on. Picked the regular 12V charge and then left it for a few hours and came back to find that it had charged pretty quickly too. No errors anywhere.

Is there a best point in the engine bay to connect the negative to? A photo would be really handy.