What have you done to your Superb III today?

11 hours ago, xman said:

Must have been some girl Colin had really upset 😂

Normally it's only the wife 👩‍🦱!

Fitted the VW (not Skoda) Data plug (same part number) and installed Connect Lite....... its not got a huge amount of data but if it means I can find the car it's worth it!!.....and £5 from eBay isn't going to break the bank!

Edited by Fatfred

Chucked on a lift kit for some proper off-roading...

AP1GczPVJ6hgYBy5BvFvJ5k3TxWBIYGMZ7uTyiKGAGTq-RkEdfYn0T67VrxatNrubm_Vw0ncB3mHWvR9LXs5aB5XsJ54IXrO2WTBbzBophEAtHvj4USXQYND0EfX-RZN5uGZ4lkoE0KoXLcHtihxqLnFwUumDlU5x1rKCqbpNnCXfACY2bzWDOK-gSxLdfelPx_KwB_-5_dNQ4kAmFTsKDA60vMqHHA1KAfSLI-1FYssEtqgtP80NL8q9z42gkkP9X4JP9U11B4z9AlbLqS8jnjqFciKtGo_q1OWO6WivRz4a2LmXGNvQ073OrRAYjxP2hcWcCDSqT1kZOxyorQBy37eRPT2JiJp2I7D5yalcYC9VaJSCXlkv5gGbdy6xO_lRD3Gw_xt_c3tQbP8Q3tabSUQqKA8mpHeRv43WHMFQ8nml3hiE959W-RjjhsgXJ4l3VhyEqXsZK8XUIZERCKE4CQCZH3WI_RPG-zKrXfFvfn5RABAtK8cIvUrmWJDV5TeSm-piMrLE9wLfkxjyfBOJun-8E9m5DuY0iJ5rV2JVccQbzyty1Pv2rwz5xdJ329llKaq_vnBm7MobUz_nnyuuEOx6zCQzE5zpwIppSyfiNHlMwOAncVoIdQa46N-7CsKuF6h0_Mu5y7MJ71eLSkDRVgIANGGt6rGPtc4LCQUqzBvx0mOACEJMRj4tT9o8umLxOEnk2DjUxtqic3oSke4UqZ4rj1QeeZaj5tutZUsm5WsL-CYtnIC-_ryPugv5vnc8-gUNkI5EPFhnz0ybTbOz7xwgeRfsYhFe_4Y4wHmG62Q5JTTGjgP4X8AYhoXC1_EBeyY3G94gFR-tcqP10FxjWhG1i5X_BL9Q7k4pkOegoOM1Hs3JPZmn42kxo2lftZYV8QEbwr591WfID0Qkwnf0ZuII5D3PRmvOJvaR6J5uFdE9RuXsU9fzUsAoSghyNI=w1278-h721-s-no?authuser=0

No, of course I didn't 🤭 - this is the stance after I rotated the tyres and before I moved it back and forth for the suspension to settle.

i have a test drive tomorrow of an L&K 190 4x4. Let's see if this works... the V90s got kicked out because of the weird hybrid that did a bad job of controlling wheelspin, looking forward to trying the DSG 4x4.

And having spent the weekend in a CVT swift, I'm also looking forward to a decent ride with DCC....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brettikivi said:

i have a test drive tomorrow of an L&K 190 4x4. Let's see if this works... the V90s got kicked out because of the weird hybrid that did a bad job of controlling wheelspin, looking forward to trying the DSG 4x4.

And having spent the weekend in a CVT swift, I'm also looking forward to a decent ride with DCC....

You'll love it & try as you might you will not get any wheelspin. With 360bhp I can't spin my wheels in damp weather. 

CVT auto's are just weird!  

8 minutes ago, Fatfred said:

Looks like a camera to me.  Dashcam with a different perspective?

Youre right about a camera, but not a dashcam :D

2 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Bonus points for anyone that can work out what im up to here....

IMG_9974.thumb.JPEG.38b84e3d08880d7a03fa53c0010ccdc3.JPEGIMG_9970.thumb.JPEG.18b43d5d92205db5391b25cc7c10cbc1.JPEG

Nice holder u've created for the front area view camera :thumbup:

But please tell me ur going to paint it black......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unclerichy said:

Chucked on a lift kit for some proper off-roading...

No, of course I didn't 🤭 - this is the stance after I rotated the tyres and before I moved it back and forth for the suspension to settle.

Ur link doesn't work - can't see the pic.

As for lift kit, here is one I took earlier of Gandalf pretending....

Screenshot_20240320-065249.thumb.png.12c3433ee52eec105f4bfd2fa81002d9.png

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Nice holder u've created for the front area view camera :thumbup:

But please tell me ur going to paint it black......

Its drying as we speak, hopefully satin black is okay to match the rest of the grill.

• Like 1

Just now, ApertureS said:

Its drying as we speak, hopefully satin black is okay to match the rest of the grill.

Awesome.

Looks OEM.  Well done.

wheelspin is easy on ice :) I did get to run the 150 on the track this year.,.... sideways with all wheels spinning and waiting for enough grip was very entertaining and useful (i know far better know to keep the throttle pinned to get the slide to stick, or inertia is taking over). I also actually need to find some slippery stuff to make sure teh Haldex is working properly and that the transfer is smooth. Don't want to ahve to do a DSG and a Haldex oil change already at purchase - we will see...

also very revealing was the difference was between the s-cross and the superb in terms of ability to drift and keep the slide going, how easy to provoke and how it really feels like the Superb has a far a** on the track with the weight penduluming.

Going to get to keep the car through Saturday, so i will take it to the airport. Need to test all the toys, the 1h of motorway should give me ample time to do that.

8 hours ago, brettikivi said:

You should enjoy the +40 HP and DCC. ;)

6 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Bonus points for anyone that can work out what im up to here....

IMG_9974.thumb.JPEG.38b84e3d08880d7a03fa53c0010ccdc3.JPEGIMG_9970.thumb.JPEG.18b43d5d92205db5391b25cc7c10cbc1.JPEG

I would bet on 🤔 a 360° view cam retrofit... 

@Bap33 yes, the extra power is noticeable :D like the DSG, too, but it is making a noise.

Hums at tickover.

Put into neutral - noise goes. Put into D, no noise, but start moving and it starts again. Faint "hum" like a kid trying to be annoying. Doesn't seem to get louder with speed.

Unclear to me at the moment if the DSG oil was changed at 60k kms (but Haldex oil was). Car is just 4 yrs old. 0C ambient, car was relatively cold, but same after a good 10mins of driving (so fluids reasonably warm but not up to full operating temp).
Kit on the car is great, seems someone ticked pretty much every box and then added the DEFA battery charger which is awesome. But the noise bothers me...

On 19/01/2024 at 19:24, petrolcan said:

Whilst there I figured I'd remove the radar cover to see if the radar was obviously loose as I haven't had FA or ACC working for a few months. A VCDS scan before Christmas told me it was out of vertical alignment.

It wasn't just loose, it was rattling on the mount. There seems to be 3 plastic sleeves (bottom of the photo) on the small adjustment bolts and they've just fallen apart.

spacer.png

Can someone confirm that it'd be 3Q0998561 that I'd need to order? I am aware that that is the complete bracket rather than just the part in the picture.

So, fitted the new bracket sometime last month and as expected, no change. No options in VCDS to reset the code despite lots of searches saying it was possible. I'm guessing that VCDS updates have removed that ability.

Was beginning to resign myself to have to pay proper money to fix it until I googled once more. Dunno if my search terms were different but I happened upon this thread on ross-tech which I hadn't found before. This post indicated I needed to update VCDS to some sort of 'developer mode' so I did so and then followed the instructions here.

Did a 30 mile trip, switched it off an on again and I have ACC & Front Assist all working again.

To say I'm a happy b*gger would be an understatement :D 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

CVT auto's are just weird!  

definitely. Get the revs to 3k and leave them there while the speed increaases is plain strange... and a "7 speed" box on a 1.2 swift is very strange indeed :D Was a lot less buzzy on the motorway than the manual one, would actually maybe have kept this one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brettikivi said:

definitely. Get the revs to 3k and leave them there while the speed increaases is plain strange... and a "7 speed" box on a 1.2 swift is very strange indeed :D Was a lot less buzzy on the motorway than the manual one, would actually maybe have kept this one.

CVT you need to get used to, they are so smooth though, especially at lower speed by going over speed bumps or potholes. May be it is my Karoq DSG has a problem but I hate it, especially over large speed bumps - it changes to 1st gear and then need to be revved to 3-3.5k rpm to change to 2nd, awful! 

I had Lexus GS 450h before and it was sooo smooth.

39 minutes ago, Vlady said:

CVT you need to get used to, they are so smooth though, especially at lower speed by going over speed bumps or potholes. May be it is my Karoq DSG has a problem but I hate it, especially over large speed bumps - it changes to 1st gear and then need to be revved to 3-3.5k rpm to change to 2nd, awful! 

I think you must have a problem or you go over speed bumps really slow, I don't such issues with my DSG at all. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vlady said:

My one & only experience with a CVT was in a DAF 66 Variomatic back in the late '70's. Horrible experience.

I much prefer a torque converter or DSG. No issues with my Superb DSG. However, I did have a few issues with our ex-Karoq 1.5 DSG 4 x 4. Monumental hesitation between pressing the pedal & any forward motion. I fitted a Race Chip Throttle pedal which improved the response but there was still a bit of hesitation which I think was caused by the fix that VAG applied to cure the kangarooing problem they had with early 1.5 engines.

No such problems with our Kona EV - only 1 speed. Press (gently or you will spin the front tyres) & go.   

• Like 1

I can't comment on CVT but I do find the DSG very smooth. 

I had a Volvo XC60 as a company car previously, that was incredibly smooth, the electric motor ran seamlessly with the 2 litre engine and felt almost like it never changed gear,  unless in sport with the right foot buried! The DSG isn't far behind. 

Didn't like the DSG/auto handbrake combination when trying to creep slowly into a reversing space,  but that's just learning the car. 

I did have a CVT in the '70s, a 50cc Mobylette. That just screamed and didn't go anywhere,  unless downhill!

• Like 2