2016 Fabia Monte Carlo TSI 90

Fab1493

5 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

If you’re lucky adjust it but possibly a full new map 

I'll speak to the guys who mapped it in the first place and see what they say... Enquiries I've made for custom maps have either been rejected or quoted silly prices (£750+)

24 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

I'll speak to the guys who mapped it in the first place and see what they say... Enquiries I've made for custom maps have either been rejected or quoted silly prices (£750+)

Have you tried Unicorn Developments, Stockport he did mine and do their own maps and only mapping, predominately for circuit racing. 

5 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

Have you tried Unicorn Developments, Stockport he did mine and do their own maps and only mapping, predominately for circuit racing. 

I've sent them a message yesterday - still waiting for a reply... What sort of prices do their maps come at if you don't mind me asking? 

27 minutes ago, Kenrw8 said:

He charged me £399 back in 2016

That seems pretty good! If I can get a remap for a decent price then the turbo is definitely worth going for instead of stage 2

23 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Speak to ade tuning 

I certainly will! 

• 2 months later...
Guest BigJase88

Try ADS Automotive tuning in Preston, shouldn't be too far from you they can custom map for £600

the turbo will work fine on the current map for the time being

Edited by BigJase88

On 16/10/2019 at 08:24, BigJase88 said:

Try ADS Automotive tuning in Preston, shouldn't be too far from you they can custom map for £600

the turbo will work fine on the current map for the time being

Thank you very much for the suggestion but for the time being I'm going Stage 2 and not getting a turbo. 

2 hours ago, WolfyWesty said:

Try KMS Motorsport in Preston. They do APR and their own vehicle maps.

I got a stage one remap for £300 for a 1.2 TSI.

Thank you for the tip, mines already stage 1 and shouldnt be getting a turbo anytime soon anyway. 

Going for a sports cat very soon & then a stage 2 map at some stage with crackle overrun :biggrin::thumbup:

By the way you don't "need" a sports cat for the crackle overrun all tho it will make the pops louder, here is a video of mine with stock cat and muffler, just removed the silencer.
From the video it sounds quite metallic sounding but sounds nicer in person.

One thing is consumption has gone up quite a bit from the overrun 

Edited by Filipelol

7 hours ago, Filipelol said:

By the way you don't "need" a sports cat for the crackle overrun all tho it will make the pops louder, here is a video of mine with stock cat and muffler, just removed the silencer.
From the video it sounds quite metallic sounding but sounds nicer in person.

One thing is consumption has gone up quite a bit from the overrun 

Well I want more power hence why getting the sports cat fitted.. I'm expecting to see 150 ish bhp after sports cat & stage 2 map. 

Mine is only a catback and already crackles very often but yeah the sports cat will make it louder :biggrin:

Yours sounds great! 

Bora Portugal! 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Filipelol said:

do you know the boost pressure?

Nah I dont sorry - Im off for a weekend road trip in the Leon tomorrow but I can have a look on the obdeleven when Im back if youd like? I think there is a live data screen which shows the boost? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Filipelol said:

So 1.0 bar? our engines must be a little diferent, I have a EA111 1.2 tsi running 1.3 bar overboost and 1.2 constant and I dont think i have more than 140 hp

Our engines are definitely different - yours is an "early" 1.2 TSI which is chain driven - mine is a "late" 1.2 TSI (EA211 if i remember correctly) which is belt driven - my car is a 2016 Fabia MK3 hence why it has the later version of the 1.2 TSI