Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

...and i doubt its about a law suit.. 

more so its about marine biologists taking an opportunity to learn more about the species and its cause of death so that we can hopefully learn and improve how we work around them in the ocean. 

i have asked for people to use the spoiler option and tag posts that may be seen as derogatory or in poor taste, not to censor people, nor to pander to the "easily offended" brigade, but just for common sense - comedy takes many forms and im open to them all being explored, but not everyone likes "shock value" funnies.

Oh FFS.  Get yourself a dictionary and look up sarcasm.

How on God's earth could that be seen as derogatory or in poor taste !  or 'easily offended'  Easily offended !!!  Jeez oh. 

Absolutely unbelievable response.  Sad.

To even suggest I posted somethign that was in poor taste or aimed to offend...   That in itself is offensive to me.

Censor people  over that  - OMG ! 

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Confused 1
  • Groan 4

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

How on God's earth could that be seen as derogatory or in poor taste !  or 'easily offended'  Easily offended !!!  Jeez oh. 

To even suggest I posted somethign that was in poor taste or aimed to offend...   That in itself is offensive to me.

There was nothing to indicate it was sarcasm IMO

Quite easily. See above.   

Personally I wasn't offended by it tbh. I just thought this thread wasn't the place for it.   

A reasonable response from the OP I thought. 

The rest is just histrionics. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I looked for the post following the upset and was expecting it to be funny, but it didn't hit the sport for me.

I think it COULD have been funny.

I had visions of some American Redneck proudly coming back from a fishing trip, with a whale slung over the front of his ship, proudly talking to a friend on the phone saying:

"Chuck, you not going to BELIEVE the size of the one I caught today!", but alas, it was a rather grim tale of some poor whale caught on the front of a ship.

Anyway, back on topic...

image.thumb.jpeg.793953a9e63792d577c7f34ccb9e8d93.jpeg

• Like 4

TFTD Friday: “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.” ― George Carlin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TFTD Thursday: Today's quote held up in interdimensional traffic - Dr. Who

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

apparently Hippos kill 500 humans a year and a hippopotamus bite comes with a force of 1,800 psi, nearly three times that of a lion.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

apparently Hippos kill 500 humans a year and a hippopotamus bite comes with a force of 1,800 psi, nearly three times that of a lion.  

Not a force, a pressure, most media getting that wrong is one of my bête noires.

A slim woman wearing Stiletto heels exerces a pressure of 1600psi, a more rotund specimen more than a hippo!

1 hour ago, BTandSid said:

Pretty ingenious

Melikey!

TFTD: There is a saying that if you get something for free, you should know that you're the product. It was never more true than in the case of Facebook and Gmail and YouTube. You get free social-media services, and you get free funny cat videos. In exchange, you give up the most valuable asset you have, which is your personal data. - Yuval Noah Harari

• Like 1
  • Love it! 3