vRS Engine Cover Recall

Hmm, my new vrs delivered last Monday doesn’t have a cover. Only reason I know is I opened the bonnet to check the oil level. No mention of it by the dealer at handover so a bit surprised when I saw the engine exposed. 

• Like 1

Interesting ... and for the ones getting the car without a cover ... did you check your VIN for action recall? I  do hope I am wrong ... but If you are not getting the cover and your car is not affected, how are you going to claim it? Because for the dealer is going to be easy: car was not expected to have one from factory.

Hi all. Just had a mild 'oh' when I lifted the bonnet on my new vRS (pertrol) and found no engine cover.

Didn't know it was a thing until I found this thread and there are no recalls on my car, registered 14th July 2023.

Will check with Skoda and update.

• Like 1

The ones like mine, reg March2022, were recalled to the dealer and the cover was removed. New ones were either shipped out from the factory without a cover or the dealer would be told to remove it at the pdi inspection, prior to the owner collecting it. 

19 hours ago, twonks said:

Hi all. Just had a mild 'oh' when I lifted the bonnet on my new vRS (pertrol) and found no engine cover.

Didn't know it was a thing until I found this thread and there are no recalls on my car, registered 14th July 2023.

Will check with Skoda and update.

The recall is for a safety problem when the cover is fitted, since your car was built without the cover the recall doesn't apply and hence is not shown against your car.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2023 at 08:16, PetrolDave said:

The recall is for a safety problem when the cover is fitted, since your car was built without the cover the recall doesn't apply and hence is not shown against your car.

Yep, that's what I was told when I queried the dealer - they aren't fitting them any more, so if your car isn't fitted with one when delivered, you won't be getting one. Mine was delivered late July without one, although it still has the fitting studs. There is padding on the underside of the bonnet, perhaps that serves the same purpose?

• 1 month later...

Came here to say dealer contacted me yesterday during oil service; car has been without engine cover for about 14 months and now getting told the new one is ready. WhileUWait job but got to pre-order the part and so booked in for 10th Oct - mind boggles on that lead time tbh

I checked mine too and no recall, 6 months old and was supplied without one so I guess that is why.

I had hoped Skoda would install covers on the ones that came without but not holding out too much hope.

It could be possible they are doing them in batches? Mine is a 2021 model. I've spoken to my dealership and it's confirmed the recall is on there and it's got to be done when it goes in next (which is October for warranty work)

Received my replacement cover yesterday.
After 2+ years of ownership (after having to return the original cover) from new. Pretty plain plastic one, no logos no nothing. But still better then nothing. Finally,  nows time to have under the hood detailed out...

Must be regional thing and distributed in some “logical” order towards customerbase in UK and where else it has not yet reached.

I asked about the engine cover recall and when would I be getting one for my car which came without one at the dealer today and they are aware of the campaign, but no covers are in stock as yet. 

Not too bothered at the moment, but I'll ask again in a month or so's time when the cooler weather comes in as I'd like some protection on the engine, already got the bonnet noise mat coming in tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 1

@TheWanderer I asked my dealer a similar question and they said they referred it to Skoda UK as they weren't sure what the situation was for those who's cars didn't come with one. I'll  update here when I hear, but I would be interested to hear what others folks find out.

You can buy them but they're around about £160!  

But TBQH I don't see why I or anyone else for a matter of fact should have to pay for something that should have come with the car in the first place. I will wait and see what happens if I ask again in a month or so's time. 

• 4 weeks later...

I questioned it and just had one fitted this week to my VTRS 73 plate and is part of a recall notice.

Called in to my local dealer to check and they had one in stock and installed it while I had a coffee.

They said that the covers were removed due to a fire risk and had to be manufactured from a different plastic?

• Like 1