At long last... SW Version 1896

Had mine updated by dealer this week to 1896 as gave up waiting for an OTA update to be done. Was done without issues. Too soon to notice if it has fixed the ACC bug which was the main issue I was having but hopefully it will be sorted now.

• Like 2

Had mine updated from 1668 to 1896 three weeks ago (took 2 days). All good, just 2 strange things:

- when reducing the temp using the left controller (because the sync only works with that one!), sometimes it turns the radio volume off

- I now have wireless android auto 😀, but the virtual dashboard directions only work when my phone is wirelessly connected

Edited by Skody123
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LenWalton said:

I’m now on 1896 but my ACC still thinks I’m driving on the other side of the road. Is anyone else with 1896 still experiencing this problem?

Sorry to hear yours is still having issues.

I'm at 1896 in a SEL FE and my ACC is working well in the UK. I also recently spent time driving in Europe and it knew I was driving on the right (without me changing any settings) and wouldn't let me undertake on the right of a vehicle.

Well, this is frustrating…

Had the car in for a service at 2yrs - they did an s/w update which took three days! So, I how have…

• Device part number now has H suffix (no suffix previously)
  • S/w  Version now 1896 (was 1668)

However, many settings have been lost (set back to default)…

• Had to reconnect my phone to CarPlay
  • All my SatNav favourites have gone
  • Radio favourites have gone
  • Mapping auto dim/ night mode reset
  • and I don’t know what else yet…

Just hoping that it hasn’t screwed ACC or kph/mph which were fixed a year ago.

Here’s to an hour or so of going through all the menus looking for the many things I setup about 18 months ago… 😔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sneal said:

Well, this is frustrating…

Had the car in for a service at 2yrs - they did an s/w update which took three days! So, I how have…

• Device part number now has H suffix (no suffix previously)
  • S/w  Version now 1896 (was 1668)

However, many settings have been lost (set back to default)…

• Had to reconnect my phone to CarPlay
  • All my SatNav favourites have gone
  • Radio favourites have gone
  • Mapping auto dim/ night mode reset
  • and I don’t know what else yet…

Just hoping that it hasn’t screwed ACC or kph/mph which were fixed a year ago.

Here’s to an hour or so of going through all the menus looking for the many things I setup about 18 months ago… 😔 

Do you have speed and distance in the Settings -> Units menu with 1896? 

I made the same leap from 1668 to 1896 (but without the trial kph/mph fix) and those 2 options went away with the software update. Not that they did anything for me but I'm curious of your experience.

Sorry to hear of your problems sneal, my car went in for first service 1/9 and they were unable to update software due to Skoda factory being off line. I am hoping the software should sort any problems as they have had 2years to sort out the issues. 

4 hours ago, Mark Hiscock said:

Do you have speed and distance in the Settings -> Units menu with 1896? 

I made the same leap from 1668 to 1896 (but without the trial kph/mph fix) and those 2 options went away with the software update. Not that they did anything for me but I'm curious of your experience.

Yes, I still the speed and distance unit settings - and they work fine (well, whilst sat on the drive at least). Since the trial fix they worked OK, prior to that didn’t have any effect whatsoever.

4 hours ago, phh683 said:

Sorry to hear of your problems sneal, my car went in for first service 1/9 and they were unable to update software due to Skoda factory being off line. I am hoping the software should sort any problems as they have had 2years to sort out the issues. 

Thanks. That may explain why it took three days to do mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy camper here now up to 1896. Great service from Bournemouth Hendy. Booked within 2 weeks and a few hours later call that various updates done for ACC thinking it’s in Europe and inability to save satnav destinations. Despite a service manager overhearing the problems as I checked car in and trying to explain it as ACC being designed to be really cautious. My clue had been the traffic sign recognition changing to km p hour when it misbehaved ie 110 showing when on motorway it should be 70.
The ACC couldn’t cope with rain but worked well some of the time. Touchscreen laggy, Kessy getting confused who was getting in car etc. Inability to save destinations or home location. 
All seems instantly improved. Mib module wasn’t talking to Skoda and getting updates apparently , so that was fixed and updated to 1896. Then as soon as got home an OTA update appeared so all looking healthy.

See photos as was part F and now H.

F00FDF04-1B8B-4C93-B6AE-CC75BA74A78C.thumb.jpeg.e494e36e406b65164521bf4d7c9f0b50.jpeg

New assistance screen too

2195A218-43AF-4A60-9538-D29243E39DDA.thumb.jpeg.cd4dfde9cd543ee215fe1c87b6b3a17a.jpeg

Latest versions

429B8352-2609-4AC3-8A6C-9C232BAC4B59.thumb.jpeg.12fb798ddb41fae98ee7a2e479002814.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Markeknows said:

Happy camper here now up to 1896. Great service from Bournemouth Hendy. Booked within 2 weeks and a few hours later call that various updates done for ACC thinking it’s in Europe and inability to save satnav destinations. Despite a service manager overhearing the problems as I checked car in and trying to explain it as ACC being designed to be really cautious. My clue had been the traffic sign recognition changing to km p hour when it misbehaved ie 110 showing when on motorway it should be 70.
The ACC couldn’t cope with rain but worked well some of the time. Touchscreen laggy, Kessy getting confused who was getting in car etc. Inability to save destinations or home location. 
All seems instantly improved. Mib module wasn’t talking to Skoda and getting updates apparently , so that was fixed and updated to 1896. Then as soon as got home an OTA update appeared so all looking healthy.

See photos as was part F and now H.

F00FDF04-1B8B-4C93-B6AE-CC75BA74A78C.thumb.jpeg.e494e36e406b65164521bf4d7c9f0b50.jpeg

New assistance screen too

2195A218-43AF-4A60-9538-D29243E39DDA.thumb.jpeg.cd4dfde9cd543ee215fe1c87b6b3a17a.jpeg

Latest versions

429B8352-2609-4AC3-8A6C-9C232BAC4B59.thumb.jpeg.12fb798ddb41fae98ee7a2e479002814.jpeg

Hi there.

Just out interest, what year and model of Octavia do you have. 

I looking at a First Edition for sale at a garage and asked the sales to take a photo of the sys info and asked him about software updates to 1896 before I commit to buying it,

Heres what he replied to me and im not sure he's right, Any advise,

His message to me.

Hi David apologies for the delay in getting back to you ,there was a delay in getting the information ,so the vehicle you enquired about has a software update that’s takes it up to 1778 from 1668 the latest one that will come on vehicle built in month 12 /22 will be 1896

The problematic ones were 1788 1803 1804 1806 and 1810 ,I have this in an email from Skoda technical

sw.jpg

Edited by scoobyguy

6 hours ago, scoobyguy said:

I looking at a First Edition for sale at a garage and asked the sales to take a photo of the sys info and asked him about software updates to 1896 before I commit to buying it,

His message to me.

Hi David apologies for the delay in getting back to you ,there was a delay in getting the information ,so the vehicle you enquired about has a software update that’s takes it up to 1778 from 1668 the latest one that will come on vehicle built in month 12 /22 will be 1896

The problematic ones were 1788 1803 1804 1806 and 1810 ,I have this in an email from Skoda technical

sw.jpg

I’m not convinced the dealer is right either.

My 2020 SEL First Edition was sat on 1668 until it’s service earlier this month when my dealer did a update - see my post in this thread of 3rd Sept.

Now on 1896 and all working as it should.

Based on my experience, the car you’re looking at ought to be able to go to 1896 too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sneal said:

I’m not convinced the dealer is right either.

My 2020 SEL First Edition was sat on 1668 until it’s service earlier this month when my dealer did a update - see my post in this thread of 3rd Sept.

Now on 1896 and all working as it should.

Based on my experience, the car you’re looking at ought to be able to go to 1896 too.

This was also my experience, don't accept less than 1896.

9 hours ago, scoobyguy said:

His message to me.

Cheeky swines,

There is a 2-in-1 release update that will take it up to 1762

Then once at this next level, the same release can take the 1762 to 1896

After 1896 updates should be OTA (they might still release offline packs for dealers)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 27/05/2022 at 15:52, Mark Hiscock said:

Thanks, I'm still on 1668 (original hardware) so I'll call the garage I think.

Did you manage to get the upgrade directly from 1668 to 1896?

• 2 months later...

It's still no better. Mine is due a new unit as it does all sorts of daft things, resets when it feels like it, comes on with a blank screen, yesterday held the reversing screen for 1/2 mile whilst going forward and bleeping saying I was crashing into a car at the back ( till the thing reset itself again )

Not a good sign for when self driving cars are the norm when you can't even get an Infotainment system to work right ( I've had the car 10 months, it's been back in 5 times and has had this since the start ).