Pop pop,SOS

I've not got my car yet but have been warned by the salesman that there's a liklihood that it will do it, unless they've been fitting the new modules, in which case it won't do it.

If it does do it, then to contact them and they'll arrange for the module to be swapped out and replaced under warranty, have checked and it's the same for VW, Audi and another marque that has the same duff module in it.

Actually i'm not sure if new module is needed.

I got some OTA few weeks ago, and since that time i haven't had a single "pop pop" or disconnection. So either it was magically fixed by itself, i was extremely lucky during last weeks, or they were able to fix it with a software patch.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

Actually i'm not sure if new module is needed.

I got some OTA few weeks ago, and since that time i haven't had a single "pop pop" or disconnection. So either it was magically fixed by itself, i was extremely lucky during last weeks, or they were able to fix it with a software patch.

Here's hoping 🙏

Edited by TheWanderer

• 5 weeks later...

My Skoda Octavia Est 1.4 TSI SE Tech DSG, made July 2021 which I have owned since April 2022 , had the POP POP noise followed sometimes by SOS failure & occasional fail of the Infotainment system think that failed if I stopped & started the car quickly after the fault , if it was parked for a period it cleared OK on next restart. The fault used to happen after 1 to 2 hours of driving which I don't do very often.  On 9th of Jan , it was  investigated at the dealer & seems to have been fixed by a software update, they had warned me it might need a control until replacement but it was not necessary in my case.  Last weekend I drove up to Derbyshire & back so about 7hrs of driving & the fault did not happen.  I asked the dealer for details of the software upgrade but the were unable to give me a version number.  I am hoping it is now fixed but only time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjm_vrs said:

I got an OTA update a couple of weeks ago which has fixed this issue for me. Update was 'OAA2' 

A fortnight’s absence from ‘Pop Pop’ following an update is very positive 🤞

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 07:52, jjm_vrs said:

I got an OTA update a couple of weeks ago which has fixed this issue for me. Update was 'OAA2' 

Sadly OAA2 has made the infrequent errors more frequent! Daily now. I need a chat with dealer as I was thinking I’d missed most of the troubles so many others complained about. iV estate Nov 2021 build

Mine went back in December and it was finally sorted. However, a new problem developed where nobody could become the primary user of the vehicle. So it went back for 3 weeks, while Skoda Technical apparently used my car as “test” vehicle to understand why early build cars are having so many issues. Since I’ve had it back it’s been completely fine, apart from climate control SYNC feature not being retained after a stop and start of the car.

I had it happen a couple of times in one particular place, atop a hill overlooking Bath, when I was in a small gaggle of other cars.

I had my car fixed by the dealer who agreed that another Skoda close by may have triggered the sos but not sure how.

17 hours ago, JamesK said:

Mine went back in December and it was finally sorted. However, a new problem developed where nobody could become the primary user of the vehicle. So it went back for 3 weeks, while Skoda Technical apparently used my car as “test” vehicle to understand why early build cars are having so many issues. Since I’ve had it back it’s been completely fine, apart from climate control SYNC feature not being retained after a stop and start of the car.

I find sync is maintained if I use the left hand temperature +/- buttons but sync is lost if I use the right hand +/- buttons. This is with 1896.

39 minutes ago, Mark Hiscock said:

I find sync is maintained if I use the left hand temperature +/- buttons but sync is lost if I use the right hand +/- buttons. This is with 1896.

That suggests sync assumes the car is left hand drive?

• Like 1

Mine went in for second time to have software update to fix the POP POP SOS issue, infotainment rebooting/ stuck on loading etc. They told me that it would 'definitely' fix the issue this time.

Had it back for 2 weeks now and went away driving 8hrs for holiday and not a single issue then or since.

Software is 1896.

Here's hoping.

• 2 months later...

The software on mine was updated from 16xx to 1896.  Today I drove the route which usually triggers the pop pop SOS issue.  After the upgrade I am still getting the pop pop and SOS message but the navigation keeps working on the steering wheel display.  Previously it lost the connection and only worked on the middle console.  I'll see how it behaves on the way back.  It's usually worse on the return journey with the yellow exclamation mark coming on together with a different SOS message...

• Like 1

I am still getting the yellow exclamation mark SOS message.  When I then reboot, it's stuck on "Loading Settings".  So, the software upgrade alone only fixed the issue that the cockpit display doesn't loos the satnav connection.  I'll write to my Skoda dealer.  Surely someone must know how to fix this issue for good...

Your Skoda dealer has to get authorisation from Skoda Uk. They will ask if you have had your dealer investigate. So yes go to your dealer. After that if matters do not improve you can escalate to Skoda UK by phone or Skoda Executive by email. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, petersu said:

I am still getting the yellow exclamation mark SOS message.  When I then reboot, it's stuck on "Loading Settings".  So, the software upgrade alone only fixed the issue that the cockpit display doesn't loos the satnav connection.  I'll write to my Skoda dealer.  Surely someone must know how to fix this issue for good...

It seems Skoda Technical have been taking more of an interest in these ongoing issues lately. My car was with them for 3 weeks in January as they wanted to use my vehicle to fully understand the issues and work out a plan to resolve them going forward for other Octavia owners. I've not had any SOS issues or the "Loading Settings..." issue since. I also had a problem where I couldn't set myself as the primary user of the vehicle. That was also resolved.

I found getting photos or videos of the issues occurring (where possible) really helped the dealer troubleshoot an issue and prove their case with Skoda Technical.

I notice your location is Hertfordshire... I've been using Marshall Skoda in Letchworth and they have been good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine was in twice now for a fix and it popped again yesterday. Wrote to customerservices AT skoda. Looking forward to their response...

Edited by petersu

1 hour ago, BritishBeef said:

After 3 software updates I thought it was gone. Even have the mighty ver. 1941.

POP POP back with new message: Emergency Call Activated.

I think that you need a new bit of hardware to resolve your problem.