Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

7 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

Does anyone know if 1941 fixes issues with the aircon sync setting turning off and the Canton sound settings resetting? My car is booked in for these issues in a couple of weeks and was curious if this software will fix? I've downloaded 1941 (thanks @varooom!) but I'm waiting to see what the dealership does.

Hi, don’t know about sync settings as these worked fine for me, but Canton resetting bug is gone! After 1.5 half years of owning car I finally don’t have to mingle with those settings every time i get into the car 😄

• Love it! 2

2 hours ago, bratchet said:

If I go to the Skoda dealer in Bulgaria, would they install 1941 for me, or should I ask here for help?

Should do,  but if I (technology idiot) can do it anyone can.🙂

• Like 1

Just a small update for those who struggling with manual update - I had this manual update problem too (ERR_1601_DM_IN error) but after a longer trip it got self-healed and updated :). No issues at all now, no reboots.

• Like 2

Today I uploaded 1941 and everything works fine. 
My earlier soft is 1896 uploaded on request in ASO Poland. 
My Octavia is from 2021, 1.5 tsi manual. 
All settings in the tablet remain, nothing has been deleted, including favorites in navigation. 
The car instructions with pictures work and are available. Everything runs smoother. 
I recommend an update.

Thanks to user varooom for help and 1941 update files. 😍

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

17 minutes ago, saniki said:

But is possible to updated the firmware with the engine on ? in this case the battery shouldn't cause problems. Or I am wrong ? 

Ideal is engine off, and a charger on the car.

If you try to start the update with the engine running it might not allow the update to begin, in which case turn it off and make sure you turn off lights, seat heating and climate controls.

@varooomThanks for the file, worked exactly to the instructions. Update took about 30mins. Manual loaded immediately after and another software update followed. Just need to take it out for a drive and see if that is the end of the intermittent reboots.

Thanks for sharing, that's what makes this one of the best communities.

• Love it! 1

@varooomHi just back from holiday.

Can I please ask for the update as well.

Many thanks and great work here (Shame Skoda aren't this pro active).

Came home to another recall letter for my engine cover,(they can wait), letter states no replacement available yet.

5 minutes ago, GrumpyOldGit said:

@varooomHi just back from holiday.

Can I please ask for the update as well.

Many thanks and great work here (Shame Skoda aren't this pro active).

Came home to another recall letter for my engine cover,(they can wait), letter states no replacement available yet.

Sure thing 🍺

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TomTom88 said:

Hi, don’t know about sync settings as these worked fine for me, but Canton resetting bug is gone! After 1.5 half years of owning car I finally don’t have to mingle with those settings every time i get into the car 😄

Brilliant news!!

Hello @varooom,

I am also experiencing occasional reboots - so far apparently only after the phone connects. Version 1900 that downloaded OTA some 6 weels ago. I would appreciate you sharing the link to 194, please.

Kind regards and thank you so much

2 minutes ago, OftiK said:

Hello @varooom,

I am also experiencing occasional reboots - so far apparently only after the phone connects. Version 1900 that downloaded OTA some 6 weels ago. I would appreciate you sharing the link to 1941, please.

Kind regards and thank you so much

Yes of course

• Thanks 1

Infotainment system is faster to respond, no crashes, AA works flawlessly (If you DON'T have a VPN active), climate control seems to be a bit colder when you set it low (could be a placebo effect).

Just a generally better experience altogether, which is how it should have been in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1