Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

1 hour ago, BritishBeef said:

They've installed 1941 so looks like it's live for them now. 

"Navigation database" 19.7!!!

How come?

I've seen '21, '22 and '23, but never '19...
You can actually update the maps yourself, using the link below; you enter your VIN, and should be offered to download the latest maps. Then you copy those to an USB an plug it inside your car (instructions are also provided by the link). Leave it there for a long drive (few hours) and the update will be performed "behind the scenes" - you won't notice. But you'll see a "Younger" Navi-DB on your MiB.

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

For instance, have a look at those pictures:

2 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

but only if you use the inbuilt satnav

I thought so too, but it's actually not true. For those with Bolero (without navi) the car uses the maps to adjust the behavior. It was discussed around here some time ago.

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, varooom said:

Sure, will send it along now

I’ve been following this and starting to wonder how my 21 iV on 1896 had got away without any problems after the recent OTAs. Until I was sat in the Q having come off the ferry to Spain from Plymouth. Immediately after changing to km and swopping CarPlay to my wife’s phone all hell broke loose. Skoda Satnav refusing to plan a route, reboots and various assists like road sign recognition stopping to work. Was it arriving in Spain or the different iPhone?

Hell there is no chance of finding out so I think I need 1941! Vroom. Help

1 minute ago, Markeknows said:

I’ve been following this and starting to wonder how my 21 iV on 1896 had got away without any problems after the recent OTAs. Until I was sat in the Q having come off the ferry to Spain from Plymouth. Immediately after changing to km and swopping CarPlay to my wife’s phone all hell broke loose. Skoda Satnav refusing to plan a route, reboots and various assists like road sign recognition stopping to work. Was it arriving in Spain or the different iPhone?

Hell there is no chance of finding out so I think I need 1941! Vroom. Help

Sent the file, let's hope it can sort out the mess

• Like 3

So am I the only one who is having 1941, but there are still reboots? I've called the dealer with the bad news abter the update and he told me that this thime they're goin to ask Skoda's factory what to do next but I don't have any hope that this is going to a good end.

• Sad 1

Maybe you need mib replacement. First thing they done to my car by Skoda, for some people that was solution. And i must say, reboots are much less present with new unit. 

I asked the dealer for replacement I he told me that 100% this wont fix the problem. "They" - Skoda Service Cnter knew about lot of other cars with my problem and the fix is new software update. The update is here, instaled but unfortunately this is not the solution. At this moment I am writing and e-mail to Skoda factory askig what to do next.

1 hour ago, Popovski said:

I asked the dealer for replacement I he told me that 100% this wont fix the problem. "They" - Skoda Service Cnter knew about lot of other cars with my problem and the fix is new software update. The update is here, instaled but unfortunately this is not the solution. At this moment I am writing and e-mail to Skoda factory askig what to do next.

Let's hope they answer and you get it fixed.

No reboots for me after upgrading to 1941. I still have to visit the dealer for the camera unit update (48S5) but that can wait until winter since it appears only when using the steering wheel heating.

12 hours ago, Popovski said:

I asked the dealer for replacement I he told me that 100% this wont fix the problem

I tend to agree with that. Mine was replaced twice, no result.
Now my car is at workshop again, I insisted on them to install 1941 on top of whatever they intend to do. Will see in what condition I'll get the car back this time.

7 hours ago, stridercombi said:

Hi there mate, how can I get this software from you to update my bolero without nav?

It's about the software train installed in the system rather than the list of features, so if you have MOI3_EU_SK_xYYYYz value then you should be ok to load this.

I have sent you a link by PM, so hopefully it matches what you have loaded on (I see you are on 1803, this should be able to upgrade you to 1941 directly, so no need for 1896 for example)

• Like 1

On 03/07/2023 at 22:39, Rainesh said:

Do you know which software version your VC is now?

Hi @Rainesh

According to OBD11 for Dashboard:

Software number: 5E9220770B

Software version: 5370

Also happy to report that  update to 1941 is successful.

Restarted once just few min after update (wasn't promising) but this is second day that everything is working fine.

So far seems that its fixed.

Big thanks @varooom for everything

• Like 1

Hi

Could you please share the 1941 also with me?

Strange thing is, the car is manufactured in late May this year, but has version 1900, and restarting sometimes as well..

Thank you!

1 minute ago, ezmegmi said:

Hi

Could you please share the 1941 also with me?

Strange thing is, the car is manufactured in late May this year, but has version 1900, and restarting sometimes as well..

Thank you!

Mine arrived with 1900 and the car downloaded some updates and that's when the issues started, no issues since the 1941 update. 

7 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Is the ethernet meant to update?

I only ask because mine never did, not that I'm worried, the system is stable and has stopped rebooting.

I have exactly same, "Ethernet" and "Mercury" did not updated and I assuming I have already higher version of firmware on that particular components. if someone have lower version then it will update. I have upgraded from 1889 to 1941. stridercombi has 1804 initially, maybe that's why....

Edited by Foxik
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine arrived with 1900 and the car downloaded some updates and that's when the issues started, no issues since the 1941 update. 

Same, I picked it up at Friday, it's updated itself later that day, and after it started to reboot randomly..just don't understand, why they did'nt updated it to the newest ones before handover from the dealer..