Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

19 minutes ago, Matt54 said:

As a matter of interest. My Octavia had 1896 Software and Display Unit Software 2088. It went into the main dealer for investigation about the infotainment system crashes 10 days ago. They reported that they had ‘carried out a software update’. But the System Information still shows 1896 and 2088. How can this be? I’m going to call them tomorrow. They also said ‘customer to monitor’. Well I’ve monitored for a week now and it still crashes! Not as often as it does when abroad but it’s still indicates there’s a problem. 
What software version are other people on now? Have you had an update? Has anyone seen a cure to the problem?

Matt

Latest software that provides a fix for all those issues is SW1941. 

2 minutes ago, PoloPaul said:

Latest software that provides a fix for all those issues is SW1941. 

Many thank for that info Paul. 
M

23 minutes ago, Matt54 said:

As a matter of interest. My Octavia had 1896 Software and Display Unit Software 2088. It went into the main dealer for investigation about the infotainment system crashes 10 days ago. They reported that they had ‘carried out a software update’. But the System Information still shows 1896 and 2088. How can this be? I’m going to call them tomorrow. They also said ‘customer to monitor’. Well I’ve monitored for a week now and it still crashes! Not as often as it does when abroad but it’s still indicates there’s a problem. 
What software version are other people on now? Have you had an update? Has anyone seen a cure to the problem?

Matt

You are still under 3 year warranty. You can call Skoda UK and request that they intervene to direct your Service Partner to do the SW1491 upgrade.

• Like 1

Good evening everyone, I'm a new member. I apologize for the English. I have the reboot problem. May I have the link to download 1941 and the procedure to upload it. Thank you

1896.jpeg

Best done by your Service Partner’s in my opinion. Seems you may be out of your 3 yr Warranty Period. Skoda will probably do it for you free of charge as it ought to have been done before your warranty expired. I don’t think SW1941 can be installed ‘over the air’ as it is likely to be a very large update. 

Thank you. I found the link on the forum. But there are 2 files with the number 1941. The first only 1941, the second file has an extension SK20230615S. Which one should I use? What's the difference?

The file with 1941 without extension is corrupted. I tried to download it three times, but I always got an error.

The file with 1941 with extension SK20230615S is suitable for updating. The software data is that of the photo

1896.jpeg

Short update

Yes some cars get 1941 ota and some not why? No idea. 

Is there a other voor phev ? No idea.

Put the files on formated usb stick. Put usb stick in your car. Reboot systeem ( power button 10 sec) chose which USB port. Take a coffee... Untill proces finished. Bye bye reboots.

Download versie MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941_SK2023061

MIB solutions

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the information. I'm having a doubt. The   small OTA updates I download them via the car's e-sim. Maybe we should connect the car to the cell phone's wifi?

1 hour ago, Tube said:

Short update

Yes some cars get 1941 ota and some not why? No idea. 

Is there a other voor phev ? No idea.

Put the files on formated usb stick. Put usb stick in your car. Reboot systeem ( power button 10 sec) chose which USB port. Take a coffee... Untill proces finished. Bye bye reboots.

Download versie MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941_SK2023061

MIB solutions

I was told by my service partner that the car needs to be on the 1896 version in order to get the 1941 version over the air. If this is not the case, then 1896 version needs to be installed manually by the service partners first.

All the small updates were downloaded from the car without cell phone connection. In this case, is it necessary to connect the mobile phone to the car and share the wifi to be able to download the update?

3 hours ago, Adry said:

All the small updates were downloaded from the car without cell phone connection. In this case, is it necessary to connect the mobile phone to the car and share the wifi to be able to download the update?

In short: No

On 02/02/2024 at 22:15, Adry said:

Good evening everyone, I'm a new member. I apologize for the English. I have the reboot problem. May I have the link to download 1941 and the procedure to upload it. Thank you

1896.jpeg

I see you have the same software as I do 1896 & 2008. Skoda UK told me yesterday that I have the latest software. PoloPaul says 1941 is required. My car goes into the workshop tomorrow. I will see what they say. 

Skoda Italia told me that I have to have the update via OTA to the 1941. It appears as a recall but that they don't carry it out in the workshop. It's been 4 months but I've only had small updates

They can do it, there's a TPI out regarding the matter and has been for a considerable period of time, they're just being lazy and don't want to do it, find a different dealer. 

After my last trip to Skoda where they said they had updated the software, but it still displayed 1896 (same as it was when I dropped it off) my Octavia went back to the workshop today. To start with they said they could only do what Skoda would authorise (or something to that effect). I told them what you folks had said about 1941 and they updated it to that (just a shame they didn’t do it last time). So far so good, fingers crossed that it works. I’ll be heading for France at the end of the month, that’s where it has failed in a big way twice previously.  Thanks to those who helped. I’ll report back in March.   

On 05/02/2024 at 19:54, Matt54 said:

After my last trip to Skoda where they said they had updated the software, but it still displayed 1896 (same as it was when I dropped it off) my Octavia went back to the workshop today. To start with they said they could only do what Skoda would authorise (or something to that effect). I told them what you folks had said about 1941 and they updated it to that (just a shame they didn’t do it last time). So far so good, fingers crossed that it works. I’ll be heading for France at the end of the month, that’s where it has failed in a big way twice previously.  Thanks to those who helped. I’ll report back in March.   

Good to hear they’ve finally updated yours to 1941. 
I had no problems during five weeks in France with 1941 installed in mine. Hopefully yours will be fine too. Have a good time…

1 hour ago, SteveTheElder said:

Good to hear they’ve finally updated yours to 1941. 
I had no problems during five weeks in France with 1941 installed in mine. Hopefully yours will be fine too. Have a good time…

Thanks Steve. Fingers are crossed. 

Sorry I have not read the last few pages of updates - just wanted to ask, any other people now got no reboots, but still getting parking sensor warnings and random collision detect warnings? I even get the odd random collision detect beep and red logo when there's nothing in the road and it doesn't attempt to slow the car either - thankfully. Basically, my infotainment is spot on now, but I still have the odd glitch with sensors clearly. I should point out the car gets less and less use lately, it is frequent enough for it to feel like most journeys too. It doesn't stay on as a warning either so seems to clear itself. Just had it's first service, they checked the diagnostics they said and saw nothing and the sensors all passed their test.

I get the park sensor rubbish pop up if I sit in the car for a few minutes with the engine off, but it's irrelevant so I ignore it.

Other than voice control doesn't work and has changed from female to male, it's all good. 

9 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I get the park sensor rubbish pop up if I sit in the car for a few minutes with the engine off, but it's irrelevant so I ignore it.

Other than voice control doesn't work and has changed from female to male, it's all good. 

The voice sometimes changes when there is an update - you can change it back to female somewhere in the settings.

Weirdly, I find Laura one of the better voice assistants - never comes on unexpectedly and 95% of the time does exactly what I ask first time which is generally, change the radio station,  change temperature, sync temperature, change blower power, change seat heating setting etc.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spcdust said:

The voice sometimes changes when there is an update - you can change it back to female somewhere in the settings.

Weirdly, I find Laura one of the better voice assistants - never comes on unexpectedly and 95% of the time does exactly what I ask first time which is generally, change the radio station,  change temperature, sync temperature, change blower power, change seat heating setting etc.

Yep, that’s what I use the voice control for.
Only problem I have with it is for navigation. Invariably it can’t find my destination - or I can’t find the right syntax to use. End up resorting to asking Mrs Steve to type it in or use my phone, CarPlay & Siri (but I prefer the built in nav system to any of the phone apps - yes, you read it right 😂).