Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

I've been reading this thread for sometime now and have finally plucked up the courage to join. I take delivery of my Fabia SE on Wednesday, but ordered it at the end of February. Does anyone else think that Skoda UK have handled the whole thing badly and I would suggest the only reason they have done this is to drum up some expectation and excitement for a car they know will sell well? :mad:

I'm a little annoyed, as some others are, that the initial promise of choosing a seat number hasn't happened and that the dealer network has basically been left with not knowing when they will get the cars to fill the orders..... there, rant over. Hopefully everything goes well Wednesday and I can start enjoying owning one!!!:thumbup:

Hi Stu,

Yes I do think SUK has handled the whole situation badly.I ordered my car in Febuary aswell,I got it last week.My dealer still is uncertain when the next lot are due.It is a ridiculous situation. I have read on here that some people have cancelled their order,which is a pity because it is worth waiting for but it serves SUK right for messing up.Any way good luck and enjoy your new car

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you order yours?? I've seen a few in the flesh and they look really good in the race blue. Only thing I cannot understand is why Skoda have fitted a six disc changer instead of xenons. as I'm sure the car would have more presence with them. Perhaps they had a few changers to get rid of!;)

When did you order yours?? I've seen a few in the flesh and they look really good in the race blue. Only thing I cannot understand is why Skoda have fitted a six disc changer instead of xenons. as I'm sure the car would have more presence with them. Perhaps they had a few changers to get rid of!;)

simple answer 6 disc cheap, xenons not cheap

Know what you mean, the xenon lamps give it a great look. I put a set of headlamp protectors on my SE and they do make the front end look better. They have a discrete black line around the edge and 'bring out' the front aspect of the headlight.

Got the headlamp covers direct from dealer.

You're lucky to have the 9mm gasket ready to go.Did you ever have any problems with the management light coming on after fitting the gasket on your old car ?. It's been the subject of some discussion on the stutter sticky. The BLT engine has a much harsher idle/gearstick vibration than my old 04 plate, again due to increased EGR levels.Let's know how having the dealer fit the 14.5mm gasket goes, and what sort of improvement you get.

I had the 9mm gasket on my previous vRS for 2 months with no warning light (right until I part ex'ed). Note that I also had the cupra intake with a K&N element on the car at the same time.

Whether these (intake & element) made a difference in keeping the emissions light at bay is debatable - but some on here have also claimed that they help in reducing rear end 'smoke'. Could be some truth in it though.. Anything that helps cure this stutter 'phenomenon' is worth a go.:rubchin:

I've been to Cleethorpes today and there's a massive car compound on the road in which stores VAG cars.

There were hundreds of little blue Fabia VRS's in the car park. They didn't look very limited edition to me.

There were hundreds of little blue Fabia VRS's in the car park. They didn't look very limited edition to me.

That means it is the distribution that is limited, not the car.

Some dealers still have an allocation of these to sell, but haven't shifted them yet.

Apparently however many Fabia models they sold in a certain period related to how many SE Fabias they would be allocated to sell.

Newmarket Garage in Stirling still had a couple of them a couple of weeks ago if anyone is still looking...

Newmarket Garage in Stirling still had a couple of them a couple of weeks ago if anyone is still looking...

Or you could just go to Cleethorpes and have your pick of hundreds of them;)

Hi, new here. I'm wondering who else apart from me is still waiting to take delivery. I ordered mine in mid March and patience is wearing thin.

Also, don't they have a new model of the Fabia coming out soon ? I'm no marketing expert but it strikes me a little strange to have two versions of the same car kicking around at the same time.

originally when the started with the SE, they hoped to have all of them sold and delivered by the end of May.

The new Fabia has a launch date of mid may, so they would only have had 2 weeks of overlap.

Renault are still selling the old clio, under the "Campus" name, and Ford were still selling some of the old style Focus when the newer one came out.

I saw my first "other" SE yesterday, pretty close to the Garage I got mine from.

I flashed and waved, but the guy was too busy looking at his hands - perhaps he'd just picked his nose and didn't want to wipe it on the new leather.....

you'll have to check with the dealers to see if htey've any left from their allocations.

I've tried 14 different dealers, 3 have none left & will have no more, 1 has another coming in 10 days and another dealer has one coming but hes waiting on confirmation from a customer if they are taking it or not !!

Looks like they're very popular !!

Um I just spent 30 seconds on Auto trader and found this one straight away. So if you really want one give them a call.

Seems to me that the old fashioned salesmanship is working a treat @ skoda i.e. trying to create demand with their there is none left (yet big field full of them & a 30 second search found one).

It also reminds me when a few said that they just couldnt get a vRS normal edition however autotrader has loads on there for sale.

Send To Friend Send To Mobile Print Close

Enlarge

2007 SKODA FABIA 1.9 TDI PD 130 vRS 5dr LEATHER EDITION5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 10 miles, Race Blue metallic. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Rear headrests, Traction control, Cruise control, Leather upholstery, CD Multichanger. Insurance Group:9, Sunset privacy glass, red brake calipers, over

I've been reading this thread for sometime now and have finally plucked up the courage to join. I take delivery of my Fabia SE on Wednesday, but ordered it at the end of February. Does anyone else think that Skoda UK have handled the whole thing badly and I would suggest the only reason they have done this is to drum up some expectation and excitement for a car they know will sell well? :mad:

I'm a little annoyed, as some others are, that the initial promise of choosing a seat number hasn't happened and that the dealer network has basically been left with not knowing when they will get the cars to fill the orders..... there, rant over. Hopefully everything goes well Wednesday and I can start enjoying owning one!!!:thumbup:

If anyone replies to this saying that they think Skoda has done a smashing (or even an adequate) job, then I'll fall off my chair (not, unfortunately, a nice numbered leather one yet :( ).

I ordered mine in the second week of March, and the latest is "next week....probably (but no guarantees)". If I'd known that there was going to be this much hassle, I'd already be driving about in a nice new Suzi Swift (and I'dve got a better trade in).

I ordered my car in the 3rd week of march - was told they'll have an ETA by mid april - 1st may I finally get told they've got my car on the way and they'll have it by the 8th. Good news is i'm picking it up tomorrow morning.

What really bugged me was the fact my Micra's insurance is up on the 8th so i've had to buy 5 day temp cover which took the mick.

End of the day i'll be happy to get it but i'm not impressed i've had to wait 7-8 weeks for it :(

Seen my first one today in the showroom (559 or 509 IIRC) and fallen in love with the interior. Had to walk away as the sales man started trying to sell it to me.

Really nice motors.