The high mileage club...

Tom_vRS

My Fabia VRS is at 143,700, but as I've just picked up an 11 plate Superb with only 18k on it, I guess I don't qualify to be in this thread anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Mk 1 Octavia Elegance 110 TDI (ASV) 300'000 miles and counting!

Camshaft & Buckets @ 220k

Headgasket @ 280k (since then there has been a lack of power)

New Turbo & Vacuum lines @ 300k (still having power problems - Aghhhh!!!)

• Like 1

I've taken at least 3 cars to over 200,000 miles - only the Octavia from new, the others from lowish mileages.

'99 Ocatvia - 1 battery, 1 wiper rack (6 weeks out of warranty, boo), and something in the air con.

?? Peugeot 309 XUD - couple of brake calipers, the only replacement clutch ever. Lovely engine.

First time "Y" reg Talbot Horizon, my first Diesel - can't remember much, seat sagged, rear shock absorbers, heater plug and check of injectors. Oh and a drive shaft. Sold that to a mate at around 237,000, he went on to put another 50,000 miles on, then it got sold to an old guy. I often saw him pootling about in it for quite a few years after.

Current 1Z combi, 108,000miles. An ex repmobile with 60,000miles. From the feel when I bought it only ever driven on the motorway as gears as stiff as. Quite sluggish lowdown and needed "loosening". Most of the interior looked like it had never been touched.

• 4 months later...

Mk1 octy diesel, 90bhp ALH, 2004, 166500+change. Window regulator and a beaeing before I bought it, nothing major in my ownership, 3k on its 3rd timing belt :)

My '06 Octy now has 162275 miles on the clock as of the trip back from France on Sunday. We left Tignes at 7am local time and got home to Devon at 1am local time. 868.6 miles in 19 hours thanks to the first two hours averaging 15mph due to snow and ice (using chains).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My 54 plate 1.9 pd seems very low mileage at 86,100 :dull:

I'm still a touch over 79k.

Got mine due to spending a lot of time on the motorway on a daily basis.. then changed projects and got a new job in London so the car stays parked up mostly!

• 3 months later...

My '06 Octy now has 162275 miles on the clock

Over 180 thousand now. I thought I was doing well only to see others over 200 and 300!!

She's going in for a service on Friday. Sounds like new discs and pads in front and bearing rear left. Poor girl has had a rough life. :)

post-21341-0-73199800-1449036822_thumb.jpg

Edited by bhofmann

Glad to see this thread still going :)

Not mine, but 2 of my colleagues have mega-milers.  

2002 Audi A4 1.9TDI PD130 on 207k miles - pretty much without fault too.

2002 Ford Focus 1.6 (petrol) - just failed its MOT catastrophically at 257000 miles!!! Mental. He pretty much stopped maintaining it at 120k thinking it was near end of life, I bet it would have done 400k if he'd looked after it.

My last car (Ford Mondeo TDCI LX) was bought in 04/09 at 112000 miles and sold at 202000 in 04/12. Still going according to MOT logs at around 228000. Thought that was about to die!

'09 Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi CR 170 hatch bought 04/12 with 102000 miles. Now upto about 200700. Major expenses have been 3 sets of tyres (or 4 including the new winters with steels, but the 3rd set are in the garage ready to go back on), two xenon bulbs (ouch!), turbo vacuum unit, cam belt and water pump service, cruise control stick, and many services!

• 2 weeks later...

Type S Jaaaag bought a couple of months ago just about to click over 150K.  2.5L Duratec engine, ZF auto gearboxed version and it still howls up to 7K revs and sounds sweet as a nut.  A hoot and a pleasure for a car that cost me £1700.  53 plate, still hardly any rust etc.

Sold my 100K plus Fabia 2 VRS, also still sweet.  Dacia only on 60K lease but will probably keep that as a work horse.

Still scarce me having any turbo car out of warranty so had the CSMA warranty coverage when the Fabia went past VAG pathetic 60K warranty. 

Edited by lol-lol