VCDS coding for rear plate led

When the w5w bulb in rear plate is replaced with a led bulb (even if it's canbus error free) an error is displayed in the Infotainment. It's possible to use VCDS for using led bulbs:

-> Controller 09 - Central Electronics

-> 16 - Security Access - enter 31347

-> 10 - Adaptations

Change the 2 channels listed below

(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25  -  set to: 43 - allgemeine LED

STG09_Bordnetz_Anpassung_1-Leuchte25kzl-

(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 - Dimmwert AB 25  -  set to 127

STG09_Bordnetz_Anpassung_1-Leuchte25kzl-

Here you can see the difference between Led (left) and halogen Philips Blue Vision (right):

012.jpg?t=1398542040

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the w5w bulb in rear plate is replaced with a led bulb (even if it's canbus error free) an error is displayed in the Infotainment.

I fitted canbus error free LED number plate bulbs and don't have an error. :)

• Love it! 1

Spanish vehicles does  :(

Can be due to a different configuration depending on the country 

Newly03, can I ask where you bought your LED number plate bulbs from? I would like to mod my vRS in the same manner & don't want to waste money buying error free bulbs that give errors.

Your help is appreciated.

• Love it! 1

Spanish vehicles does  :(

Can be due to a different configuration depending on the country 

I doubt that, it's more likely the error free bulbs tried weren't right.

Newly03, can I ask where you bought your LED number plate bulbs from? I would like to mod my vRS in the same manner & don't want to waste money buying error free bulbs that give errors.

Your help is appreciated.

These ones - http://www.ledperf.co.uk/leds-pack-white-6000k-license-plate-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4949.html

• Love it! 1

True but at £250 for VCDS I found paying £34 for the LEDs more cost effective. :)

Yes, that's true  :notme:

A friend of mine has VCDS and I haven't to pay for it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This didn´t work on my VRS MY2015  :S

I will check for other possible solution.

Bought these Leds http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290617035424?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just checked that link - you have bought supposed CANBUS error free LEDs, so why are you trying to code for LED bulbs? That is bound to throw an error as there is a resistor across the LED to fool the CANBUS in to thinking there is a bulb there. If you code for LEDs then the you will get an error as the current draw is too high. The BCM will think there is a short to ground and at a guess turn off the bulb.

You only need to code for LEDs if you are fitting standard LEDs.

If you are fitting CANBUS error-free then you shouldn't need to do anything.

Personally, I never fit anything other than standard LEDs and code accordingly. Anything else is a (potentially dangerous) bodge.

Also try coding to LED Lichtmodul and see if that makes any difference

Even with canbus free error, i had one error in the maxidot/amundsen, like the first post in this thread!

Worked with this one: (1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25 ===== (41- LED Keinleistung)

Thanks for your support.

I have theese (very bright bulbs) in my license plate light:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-hot-sale-real-parking-t10-1smd-high-power-led-reading-light-bulbs-w5w-auto-cree/1968387645.html

(Available from March due to chinese holiday.)

I had some problems with coding. The ECU did not accept the LED bulbs. They were on but I had bulb out warning. I tried several LED options from the list.

The problem was 1) I changed the bulbs 2) then I tried to code them.

So the correct procedure is 1) coding 2) changing the bulbs.

They work fine with "43 - allgemeine LED".

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just tried to code this, coding is ok

but when i fit original LED licence plate lights from a VW passat or audi a7 i still get a fault in the instrument cluster.

does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I just tried to code this, coding is ok

but when i fit original LED licence plate lights from a VW passat or audi a7 i still get a fault in the instrument cluster.

does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

The latest beta of VCDS has a soft reset option for the BCM after coding is complete. I had this same issue with a fellow members car recently where the coding was accepted but the fault was still present. Soft reset fixed it.

The latest beta of VCDS has a soft reset option for the BCM after coding is complete. I had this same issue with a fellow members car recently where the coding was accepted but the fault was still present. Soft reset fixed it.

I left the coding as i had adapted it. after about 2 hours tried again with the oem leds, no more faults and problem solved.

thnx a lot guys