All Activity
- Past hour
-
the truth about electric cars
Indeed, but the reason why I commented on it in the first place is that A) it is not a PSA on TV where they normally show warnings/advice such as this, B) it is extremely early for such warnings and was possibly so because of the real threat to global oil because of the Donalds' illegal war, and C) it appeared on a site that I just happened to be one of long standing local moderators on, and this is the very first time that such a warning has appeared, and hence why I thought that EVr's might like to know.
-
the truth about electric cars
Cairngorm Mountain showed snow yesterday at the CAIRNGORM sign and somebody said 'First Snow of Winter'. But it would be the first snow of Autumn 2026, Surely they should know the seasons. Frosty this morning and lovely blue cloudless sky.
- New car
-
Sklinda joined the community
-
Kodiaq MIB3 – unable to add a second user
Yeah, from what I gather, I'm not missing much other than key recognition, but it just seems a shame how weak the Infotainment system is in an otherwise excellent car.
-
Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking
I live in a semi-rural village & so drive lots of small lanes with overhanging vegetation. In the 15 months I've owned mine I've had a few warnings come up, but no actuation. The rear seems much more sensitive & has slammed on several times when I've reversed too close to a nettle for the car's liking. That is quite alarming because it feels like you've actually hit something.
-
Rbz5416 started following Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking
-
Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking
I've had my 22 plate for over a year now and no phantom braking but the 19 plate one did it once on a heavily wooded road where I thought it may have been a bird or something that flew close enough for it to register in the system.
-
the truth about electric cars
Storm cycle in Atlantic distorted by Super El Nino. Been no proper Hurricanes this autumn. Wet late Autumn predicted for Europe then snowy Feb like 62 / 63 maybe.
-
Kodiaq MIB3 – unable to add a second user
I gave up trying to be primary user and funnily enough I do not have any problems driving the car .
-
Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking
I've owned a 2024 Karoq for 7 months & driven it for over 4k miles on all types of roads with no phantom braking.
-
Kodiaq MIB3 – unable to add a second user
Did anyone have any thoughts about this? Škoda Support won't even tell me why they suspect it is hardware-related and are insisting I take it to a Service Partner.
- Today
-
Smirgelis started following Hello all. Superb 3V 2.0 TSI new owner
-
Hello all. Superb 3V 2.0 TSI new owner
Newbie here, with this skoda being owned for ~6 so far, and went 30k already. Car milage is 84k atm, pics are ofcourse related. Came here for general maintainance advice (I am changing oils every 10k). EA888.3 (european, facelift with 7g, 272hp). Im thinking of going stage 1 at first, and reliability is most important. I plan to drive around 60k km/year, and wish for car to last five years. Can I achieve that with minimum stage 1, like 300hp max to keep air to fuel ratio factory set, or can I aim for regular 350? I have googled that during stage 1 AFR is changed, and because of that there soot appears in oil, that degrades the engine faster. How much of that is true? Thanks for reply in advance! Any other advices for maintainance are welcome too, car doesnt consume oil (atleast for now, but I hope for futher 200k to be like that, will see how it will last).
-
the truth about electric cars
Yes, as we head into winter. Around the time we get annual storms that bring down power lines in some rural or not even that rural areas. Charley says PSA films on the TV have been around since before I was born so it's nothing new. Here's a link to the Ofgem account. They often post helpful tips. https://x.com/ofgem
-
Richard7984 joined the community
-
-
Hi from a sort of newbie!
I am thinking 1.5 but seem to do lots of short drives at the minute. Some suggest the 1.0 as a better option. I will looking at an estate over the weekend - i need space for the dog!
-
Kodiaq steering wheel vibration
Mine is january 2025. I am waiting for next week inspection.
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
Is it Motorway or Highway / Freeway as they are talking US EPA ESTIMATE figures, so if it is tested. Has it not been tested for the EPA results? with no emissions and no difference of a US or Imperial gallon. Highway / Freeway Speeds. Estimated to achieve 400 miles under EPA test and 450 under WLTP test. Well the World Wide Harmonised Light Vehicle testing matters not one bit in the majority of the world. It is designed to allow European vehicles to have fictional test results. Simple will be to run the Jag, Rolls Royce , BMW, Mercedes, Lucid, Tesla etc in convoy. So a Jag 01 & a 118 kW/h battery. getting 400 miles. = 3.4 miles to the kWh. *Mercedes EQS Saloon battery 122 kW/h usable.*
-
Matt's 2017 FL Scout
Yeah, figured it wasn't a simple job 😅. No garage and scandinavian weather tells me this is a job for the summer season, probably doing this next year!
-
kilos26 started following My 2021 RS in final form
-
Kodiaq steering wheel vibration
Whats your production date? I have much less vibrations after both dcc and top strut mounts change. But my car still feels more pathholes than normal i think - it could be ball joint that will be changed
-
MikeTheThinker started following Hi from a sort of newbie!
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
My less than a year old battery (and car) would makes a very big meal of trying to reach 85% SOC (don't even mention 100%), you can see below that it took 7.5hrs (smart charging) to get a tiny increases in SOC by 2% and a usable battery charge increase of 1AH, the battery energy counter shows a increase of a average of 2.8A over 7.5hrs, 0.37A per hour. My M.meter, in series with the charger showed a charging rate of < 0.2A for the majority of the 7.5 hr charging period. Also, later, on a 25 minute non stop run under varying driving conditions, the DVM showed that the charging voltage never went higher than 13.4V even on overrun and spent most of its time charging at 12.8V. Maybe a "smarter" smart charger than mine would get the SOC up to 100% eventually, if so, I'd like to see it confirmed by someone with VCDS. MAS16744-IDE01836 12-volt battery-Battery current -8.825 A MAS16744-IDE01839 12-volt battery-Battery charge status 75 % MAS16744-IDE01841 12-volt battery-Battery internal resistance 7.4 mOhm MAS16744-IDE01842 12-volt battery-Usable battery charge 26 Ah MAS16744-MAS06086 12-volt battery-Total re-charge 592.4 Ah MAS16744-MAS06087 12-volt battery-Entire energy throughput 598.1 Ah MAS16745-IDE01843 Quiescent current management-Battery voltage at rest 12.5 V After a further 7.5 hrs charging at 12.7, occasionally 13.4V. Charger is a Ultimate Speed ULGD 5.0 C1, (a 5.0A charger) MAS16744-IDE01836 12-volt battery-Battery current -6.729 A MAS16744-IDE01839 12-volt battery-Battery charge status 77 % MAS16744-IDE01841 12-volt battery-Battery internal resistance 7.4 mOhm MAS16744-IDE01842 12-volt battery-Usable battery charge 27 Ah MAS16744-MAS06086 12-volt battery-Total re-charge 594.3 Ah MAS16744-MAS06087 12-volt battery-Entire energy throughput 599.0 Ah MAS16745-IDE01843 Quiescent current management-Battery voltage at rest 12.5 V
-
Rear washer and heated rear window
Re the clogged rear wash. Lift up the plastic cover on end of the wiper arm and remove the plastic spray head from the top of rear wash discharge tube; it’s on tight but it will come off. Get a 16cm (6in) length of thin welding rod and push this gently down the tube til you reach the bottom and gently twist it whilst moving it up and down. That should clear the crystallised screen wash which is clogging the outlet. Leave the spray head off and engage the wash cycle and hopefully you should have a 2m jet of washer fluid flying out of the tube! If not, repeat the cleaning process. Also, I suggest you put the detached head in a solution of kettle descaler (citric acid) to descale the jets before you refit it to the discharge tube.
-
Octaviaman19 joined the community
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
I like the way Jaguar has quoted an alleged real-world motorway style mileage range figure, rather than just the nonsense fairyland numbers EVs often give.
-
Jaguar, will it survive?
I did ask for clarification on where they inserted their nozzle! I also asked if their warranty dept could ring me the next day.
-
mihaitam joined the community
- Yesterday
-
the truth about electric cars
Charger cables have been stolen for a while and as the price of copper goes up, and faster charges introduced, they need larger cables which become more attractive to thieves. It's a vicious circle really.
-
the truth about electric cars
Thanks, so that's why Ofgem are posting those messages. I looked on some of the news channels and there was nothing there about it. So it was not scaremonging but there could be problems on the horizon. Maybe they worried because it has been really cold the last couple of days and people are turning the heating on?
-
the truth about electric cars
World changing rapidly and things the UK had presumed it could rely on ie regular electricity from France's 50 odd nuclear power stations look more fragile now with low river levels providing insufficient cooling water and it is the same over much of Europe. Many EV owners from UK to New Zealand, South America and much of Asia have learnt better to trust one's own power generation at a country and personal level. The hundreds of millions who now gave their own solar panels, most on a small scale of a few panels andmaybe car batteries are learning to survive without power generation from coal, gas and oil. If we many multiple and long backups it will be interesting to see if those of us witb batteries and panels get left alone to use the resources we have inveztdx in over the past years. We have seen bad aspects of society with thousands of public charger cables cut. Some of use could go a week without mains power. Our cars can act as big support batteries as well as our home batteries. These messages of government warning of potential energy and food shortages gave been kicking around for a few weeks and The Survivalist cult gave been round for decades. I have been following it since my teenage times. Only one of our 3 EVs has V2L but I am expecting that when the other 2 are changed V2L is a must have.
-
Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking
Greetings from Singapore. I am looking at getting a five year old Karoq in Singapore and have been reading horror stories elsewhere about the Front Assist making dangerous phantom emergency braking in other forums and chatgpt. However, I can’t seem to find any reports on this forum. How have your experience been with this regulation tech in your Karoq, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I had a terrible experience driving a rental Subaru in Japan with this kind of braking and I hope to find a way to reduce or prevent another one, although it is a good way of using tech to increase safety. Thanks Mike