All Activity
- Past hour
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
1 week later. No update for a whoooole week. Problem seems to be fixed, now!
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
thinkblueskies started following My car's in a bad way
-
My car's in a bad way
Hi folks. Briskoda has helped me out loads over the years. I'm now in a pickle, and I don't know what's for the best. Today I found out my 63 plate vRS estate will need a new engine. I've looked after it and had it looked at when it's needed it. I've tried to look after it. It's not done 80,000 miles yet. Not going to lie; it's gutting. It has a few stone chips and scabby alloys but Ive generally thought if I looked after the car, it'd look after me. It starts and runs but there's metal in the oil... and a mechanic I trust has told me a good refurb engine will take about £8k fitted with all the ancillary bits fiddled and fixed or £11k for a new unit from the factory. Clearly that's not worth it. So anyway, it seems a shame to scrap and I imagine We Buy Any Car and the like would pay buttons for it. I don't have the time or expertise to part this out myself, barring odd bits of trim. Any ideas how I might make the most of a really bad situation, folks? The engine's screwed but the rest is a straight car. The interior is particularly good. Thanks for any advice the community can offer me.
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
I cannot find this in eco or any other mode on the 2025 Karoq
-
survey started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
-
matrix7764 joined the community
-
vRS19TD/SE20TD - Fabia vRS SE #532
-
vRS19TD started following ABS Long Code Help , vRS19TD/SE20TD - Fabia vRS SE #532 and vRS19TD’s Octavia SE Technology
-
vRS19TD’s Octavia SE Technology
It’s been a while… Grille has been changed, Front splitter got broken and replaced, Calipers have been painted vintage copper, Bonnet had started to get drastic lacquer peel and has now been resprayed, Silver bits in centre console have been replaced with carbon effect from a vRS, Still some more plans for this as well
-
ABS Long Code Help
Hi all, My car went into a garage for some work to be done and the garage have accidently deleted the ABS long code. I have it saved on an old scam but when they put it back in and do all the recalibrations, the fault codes for ESC and ACC won’t clear. Is anybody able to offer any help or advice on how to solve those issues please?
-
Skoda Fabia vRS leather seat option - brochure or documents?
Advice needed ppl! Did Skoda ever offer the option for Leather seats (non vRS) on the Fabia model? Even just the Elegance (top of the range) model? There is currently a Fabia Elegance for sale with Black Leather seats! - link & pics below. The stitching location seems to match that of the original genuine fabric seat coverings - but I could be wrong based on the Skoda Fabia 'Edition 100' I will mention further down this post (after the pix). Maybe the owner got the seats recovered by an outside company (like Seat Surgeons etc)? If this was the case, they really must have loved this car (if so, fair enough - it's an Elegance model and well kitted out). Link: 2002 Grey Skoda Fabia for sale for £1,790 in BEDFORD, BEDFORDSHIRE The Skoda Fabia 'Edition 100' mainly sold in central/western Europe but also "sold" here in the UK - how many, I don't know but would love to see one! I don't recall them being sold here though. Skoda Press Page: For the Škoda anniversary: Special Edition 100 series YouTube Video (turn the volume to ZERO...trust me): 2005 Škoda Fabia 1.4 16V (100 KM) | EDITION 100 V-max, 0-100 km/h, Test, AUTOBAHN. | 4K The reason I mention this 'Edition 100' is that it came with Grey leather seats as standard - the only other Fabia I am aware of that had leather as standard is the Fabia vRS Limited Edition (which we are all aware of). Below images show the Grey leather seats (not black as shown up above in the Elegance model...) - note, the seat stitching is different in the centre compared the to black version above. This leads me to believe that perhaps the black leather (shown above) was an aftermarket recovering of the original seats. I stand to be corrected. Maxidot too
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
@Arianne I went for the 90 degree bend so there was more room for the side-to-side motion. But yours seem to work just as well. @rum4mo I haven't seen any damage to the surface yet, but point well taken. I opted for a very soft-bristled brush and just use it to agitate the cleaning chemicals rather than scrubbing with it. I had a wheel woolie scratch a previous set of wheels when some microscopic grit got into it, so I'm really careful now. In any case, how crazy is it that the wheel design is so difficult to clean that we need to debate the details of homemade tools? 🤨
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Sills ordered.
- Today
-
Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
Hi all, had an intermittent engine warning light with an error code that reference the vacuum pump. Local garage quoted me near a grand to replace the two hoses shown in the pictures, but that seems insane to me. Can anyone help me identify the parts/hoses so I can order them and replace myself. Thanks!
-
Cgwchris started following Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
-
EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
So guys @OccyVRS @Alasdair1 @Warrior193 , ready for a deep dive into my Skoda adventures today?!... The RAC were called out by Cinch for an UPLIFT of my vehicle to the garage, for repair on Monday. On arrival, RAC confirmed that they had actually been called out for a ROADSIDE REPAIR, not an UPLIFT. Despite this, the guy was actually super helpful, and gave me the code readings below: P33B800 - cylinder 2 combustion misfire during direct injection (permanent code) P030200 - Cylinder 2 misfire P130A00 - controlled cylinder shutoff He believes its either a spark plug, injector or coil pack. So, my RAC man switched the spark plugs between cylinder 1 and 2, and swapped the coil pack between 2 and 4 to test what the culprit would be. He CLEARED THE CODES and took the car for a spin, but no luck in retriggering the EPC issue. So, I was told to drive the car to the garage today after he'd left, as he was unable to offer an UPLIFT now that he had diagnosed it and the fault had cleared. So I did so, but I also had no luck triggering the EPC light on this journey to the garage. When I dropped the car off, the garage said that because the codes had been cleared and the fault hasn't been replicated, they don't really have anything to go off, and can't authorise any repairs unless Cinch give them authorisation. This is super frustrating, as if the garage give the car back without any repairs, then this spark/coil/injector issue is just going to crop up again! I have just finished quite a strongly worded email to Cinch to say that I expect them to authorise repairs, whether or not the garage can replicate the EPC fault, because of the fact that the RAC has reported and provided documented evidence for the existence of a mechanical fault with my vehicle. So, my question to you all is, ignoring the admin nightmare I am dealing with trying to sort this all out, if the EPC fault is simply down to a faulty spark plug, coil pack or injector, is this anything to be concerned about? Or would you still be happy to proceed with keeping the car if you were in my shoes? Thanks guys for bearing with my long messages again! On Monday the garage are actually looking at the Skoda, today was just a drop off with a salesman, not a mechanic. So I will find out whether they have managed to replicate the fault or not. And if they have, then my strong email to Cinch was a little pre-emptive, but still fully deserved! Hopefully the above all makes sense, sorry if not, its been a very long day once again! Thanks guys :)
-
Paulsey joined the community
-
Cgwchris joined the community
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
pattexDnl joined the community
-
Raul75 joined the community
-
When to change 1.6 TDI oil pump belt
2019 octavia 1.6 TDI 95000 miles booked in for cam belt and water pump replacement. Should I ask for oil pump belt change at same time?
-
xzimdave started following When to change 1.6 TDI oil pump belt
-
DAB knobbled by Dashcam
I’m still waiting for the dealer to get back 🙄. Ill chase them up next week and see if they’ll sort it out.
-
Birtwell joined the community
-
Skoda Superb Combi 3V539Z suspencion
Some owners who have a Superb MK3 with increased ride height have complained about poor handling. I suggest you first try 3Q0511115P rear springs, such as Eibach R21706. The 3Q0511115P rear spring should lift the rear of the unladen car up a little bit, but won't sag anywhere near as much when weight is added to the rear of the car...such as rear passenger and/or their luggage. Compared to the 3Q0511115P rear spring, the 3Q0511115AS rear spring should lift the rear of the car up by 10mm....whether unladen or with weight in the rear of the car. To make sure the ride is still comfortable when there's not much weight in the car, it's better to use 16" or 17" wheels, rather than the harder riding 18" or 19" wheels. My preference would be 215/60R16 6.5Jx16 ET41 or 215/55R17 6.5Jx17 ET41. The 215/55R17 6.5Jx17 ET41 is actually a winter tyre option suitable for snow chains, but it will ride slightly better on these 0.5" narrower 6.5J rims compared to the more usual 7Jx17 ET40 rims on the Superb MK3. The rear of the car will probably look too high if 3Q0511115AS increased ride height rear springs are used without also fitting increased ride height front springs. Eibach R21706 rear springs (matches 3Q0511115P) (standard ride height) Length 357mm Wire diameter 13.5mm Number of coil turns 8.3 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/3q0511115p?supplier%5B%5D=112 Eibach R22930 rear springs (matches 3Q0511115AS) (increased ride height) Length 367mm Wire diameter 13.5mm Number of coil turns 8.3 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/3q0511115as?supplier%5B%5D=112
-
the truth about electric cars
But not one most people can afford just on a whim or with immediate effect just because petrol and diesel prices have gone up for a few months... You really don't get the fact that many people are not in your privileged position... I do and can sympathise.
-
DAB knobbled by Dashcam
Had this on a Lexus 11+ years ago - my first car with DAB. I don’t think the Lexus dealers had much experience either, as they couldn’t fix it. It was only after i removed the dashcam when i changed cars that i found out what the problem had been… Funny thing is, the same camera and wiring was put into my next car (Volvo), and has been in my Octavia for over 5 years now with no problem!
-
Baxlin started following DAB knobbled by Dashcam
-
the truth about electric cars
OK and with the 4k dealer contribution and all the benefits of having a new car ie warranty, lower starting road tax. Offer of cheap servicing deal it looks to be the better choice and the one I continually make ie new over a car of a few years old. Škoda Car Finance Calculator | Car Loan Calculator | Škod...
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
I live in Northern Ireland so if I can help let me know 👍 Of the three links I sent you above, the first two have now been discontinued and/or removed from the site... wonderful. Your email must have triggered them to check their stock. Fingers crossed 🤞the remining website (twinauto) have it. They deliver to other countries, outside of Latvia, so that's promising.
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
So, the Scala went into the garage yesterday morning. A couple of hours later, I took the call - no faults found, and no mechanical issues with the cables or linkages. Given the symptoms we had written down, alongside their experience with 1.0 tsi engines, they suggested that the clutch master cylinder was the most likely cause of the problem - especially given that it was intermittent but seemingly becoming more frequent. This matched with our own online research (as well as Alasdair's comments). They were at pains to say that they couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem - which was fair enough - but we went ahead with the replacement. Picked up this afternoon - I'll keep this post updated.
-
the truth about electric cars
I agree but that new Enyaq quote that you seem to have ignored was at 2.9% not 10%...
-
the truth about electric cars
As I said anyone paying 10% interest rate is stoopid or in a sad place. I illustrated the alternatives of paying large amounts of compound interest by using the manufacturer's generous/ desperate schemes or a bank just not a crappy finance deal where you are paying £5k interest as well as not having the manufactures 3 / 5 / 7 /8 warranty. One route is smart ie bew is smart, other route, not so much when compared.
-
the truth about electric cars
Right... A new base spec enyaq on PCP... £7.5k customer deposit plus £4k contribution, 48 months at £385 per month with another £13.5k to pay at the end to actually own the car and have something at the end of all those payments... 2.9% interest rate Hardly £150 a month with minimal up front or final costs.
-
VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?
My car has something over 90K Km, most of it highway, so I don't expect it to have been sufficiently exposed to be at near-term risk of failure, so I haven't reached out to a dealer as yet (let's just say that y'all in the UK, etc probably have better dealer and official Skoda garage experiences than we tend to here in Spain). I checked the Skoda international and the Skoda Spain recall campaigns websites, which don't (yet) find anything for my car. I'll give it a bit more time. ¡Cualquier lado donde yo asiento es el correcto!