Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Can you help me please how does it work on facelift model? (Mine is a 2021 L&K)
  3. Most people seem to have unlinked the ACC from their traffic sign recognition and map display. Doing that means you have to set the ACC speed manually, but avoids it changing to an inaccurate one all by itself.
  4. Today
  5. Hi to All, I’ve been a non-registered reader since August, when we bought a 2011 Fabia 1.2 TSI manual for my son as his first car. It needed a bit of work, and I’ve now created an account to ask a question. One of the rear shocks had failed (the other one was replaced by the previous owner earlier this year to pass the MOT). While replacing the it, same as in @GrumpyBob 's thread, we noticed a rust hole in the rear axle beam near the lower shock mounting point. After some digging I've found out that there are two OE part numbers - one for drum brakes and another one for disk brakes. Are the two versions physically different, meaning they won’t fit each other or just some bits and pieces that can be swapped? I assume there must be a reason for the different part numbers, but can’t spot any differences in the pictures. The reason I’m asking is that some aftermarket manufacturers list both OE part numbers as compatible with the same axle beam (this one for example), while others specifically list only the disc-brake version and don’t seem to offer a separate version for drum brakes (this Diederichs one I'd really want to buy if it fits) Appreciate any advice or information.
  6. I’m guessing there’s an allusion to using the ground point - I’m still old school and connect to the terminals. Is it better to connect to the grounding point?
  7. update job done Connected to BCM pin 16/17 fuse to position 37(Fuse 16.2/2X6.3 N91274203) rest like guide from previous post I used sane parts like Horalius in first post just electric tailgate motor 565 827 851 A I have hatchback modul 5WB959107A(dataset V03935356FW) taken from hatchback
  8. V12twinturbo joined the community
  9. QuartzBit joined the community
  10. Well the question is whether the file allows the use of your FeCs. Now I was told how to find the allowed FeCs in the presented map file for mib2 high. Not mib3. Someone might jump in. The other issue is pkunzip can swallow some files when you unzip it. In this scenario use the built in unzip program in Windows 11. Open and drag out. I say this since I was told how to read the files for the yy.mm and pkunzip didnt show that file. I dont have mib3 but if pkunzip looses a file, that wouldn't be good.
  11. IMO you could put a BYD or Jaecoo badge on it and I'd believe it to be one. Nothing about it screams Jaguar but perhaps that's just me?
  12. Update on this. I ordered from Autodoc and they were totally the wrong size. I have been given a refund and told not to return them (which says a lot) and just found an old thread detailing exactly the same problem which I wish I'd seen earlier. I cannot find the right sized struts anywhere for my car that are non-electric. I now know there are 634mm length and 145mm strike but cannot source them. Has anyone else had any luck?
  13. Goodness me, I want to like it, I want to feel something positive about it (and the brand). But the more I look at it, the more I think 'Oh dear', and those words just keep surfacing ☹️ In the mid 80's, I borrowed my Brother's XJ 4.2, and it was lovely, old, but sumptuous. In the late 80's he let me have a long drive in his American (twin headlights) XJS 5.3 V12. While I found the sitting position something to get used to, the car itself was awesome 😎 I look at this new one with a relative level of unbothered, and it just doesn't inspire. At all. Gaz
  14. Hi All< I've just bought a Mahle fuel filter - supposedly right for our car, but it has a spout on the top and a small plastic pipe running the height of the filter, whereas the old one doesn't. It's flat-topped, with no plastic pipe. It doesn't look like the new one will fit in the housing, as the spout on the top will make it too tall?
  15. I got a mental block. Don't know if I can amend it now. Our 2011 car was an Octavia estate. The Karoq had about 8,000 miles when we bought it in 2023.
  16. Just about to p-ex my Feb 22 1.5TSi SE - mine since new and never had anything other than a couple of minor software glitches that cleared on restart/reset. Hope you have that same luck!
  17. Apple doesn't make one they sell this though mophie USB-A to USB-C Charge Cable (1m) – Black https://www.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HRGS2ZM/A
  18. sisstem joined the community
  19. Can i check fec with obd11? My car came with 23.11 maps and i sucessfuly updated to 25.8, 26.2 and now i cant update to 26.6
  20. You need to change the pyro fuse. you can buy it on allegro 60-100eur, and find some one with handy hands and change it, don't need to buy new sx7 sx8 module (in battery) then you need someone with Odis to unlock j533 module, and car will start and drive
  21. igormm joined the community
  22. Thanks for the reply. It clearly needs more investigation. I may have to wait until my partner is here. He thinks it maybe the glow plug control module. I don't get any other messages re park assist etc. On my old Superb the first thing to play up when the battery was low was the stop/start. I'm sure I can check the fuses with my partner's help. Yes when I charge the battery I connect the ground to the point behind the battery.
  23. Finally worked out what the issue was the throttle body was at fault
  24. It is good that you ask that question, I am asking myself once again as well. It's 2026, 2027 couple of months... I am wondering if I had just about enough of this car. The problems just don't seem to stop! New ones just keep on adding to the pile. Error: selector lever, you can drive on, but visit the workshop and bend over. Yeah, the selector lever and the solenoids below it were replaced twice. But it is very persistently coming back. Even the authorized skoda service centers baffled. Front assist availablity is limited. This error is a new one. It's usually happens in cold weather. What am I supposed to drive to plus 20° every time I want this car to work properly? Started hearing kind of chain sound in cold weather. The PHEV DSG has become jumpy. Even at low speeds, when driving sensibly, it's shifting gears like on a Lamborghini. There's no technique to reset it like on YouTube videos. Doesn't work You need to run the engine at least once a week in 15C and above whilst driving at minimum 80 kmh so that the GPF stays clean. You try doing that when it's -15C outside! Trying to heat the car with air-conditioning is a stupid idea as it eats the HV battery so rapidly! Plus, if you have ever been in an Audi or Seat or a VW, you recognize the difference immediately, because in those cars it is silent! You can hardly hear the noise of the wheels on the tarmac! But the skoda Octavia is extremely acoustic. You hear every freaking noise that is around the car as the car is extremely bad on soundproofing. It is horrible that the skoda Octavia doesn't remember driving settings. You need to adjust them every time you start the car! People have been using external solutions like OBDeleven to overcome such gimmicks. This annoys me very much! A car is supposed to serve its owner. Not the other way around! A a product cannot dictate the user! But no Skoda doesn't agree with you. Even if you turn off the lane guidance, it's automatically switches on when you turn off the engine, so that you need to set it again and again and again and again on a long long journey. Same goes for hybrid driving mode. Every time you switch to hybrid mode, lasts until you switch off the engine! On a long journey you feel like you have OCD after a while! I'm seriously considering to switch back to Volkswagen Passat or Arteon. These annoyances are endless! 2022 Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG PHEV Combi
  25. Hi all, new user here. Been reading through some of the threads and there is some really useful stuff. I would like to upgrade the software to stop the CarPlay interference and cracking, please could someone send me a link to the 8755 software. Pick of the current version below. Thanks.
  26. MKB joined the community
  27. Obdeleven has a list too but it’s not accepting 11463? A shame because I only bought it to get the cruise control fitted. I’m in the Portsmouth area / Hull sometimes if anyone is able to help?
  28. Harry's Garage has a vid out today on the Jaguar Type 01 ifv someone can link it here. The getting in and out looks crap, the cars controls / touch screen stuff looks total crap and you will need your seat forward or long arms and good eye sight. To me it looks total crap as a luxury car and certainly not an easy drive.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.