Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Many thanks again - Europarts say they have the part listed so am seeking confirmation its in stock and delivery. Not cheap as £80 plus delivery but beggars cannot be choosers they say! So far no reply from Twinauto but WW Spares say they cannot help me.
  3. 2 messages that I ignore, the update one that repeats even after the update and the 'oil change' message which is actually not due as the car was serviced for sale between schedules
  4. Which model of Ring charger do you use? There looks to be plenty different ones to chose from.
  5. Hey everyone, Just a heads-up for anyone planning to do a rear brake pad change on a Mark 4 Skoda Octavia (NX / 2020 onwards) using the ANCEL BD500 scanner. Despite ANCEL’s official marketing and compatibility charts claiming full "VAG group coverage" for Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) service mode, this tool does not work on the Mk4. ANCEL completely fails to mention in their product descriptions that the Mk4 Octavia uses the newer MQB Evo platform, which features SFD Protection (Vehicle Diagnostic Protection). Because the BD500 is a budget tool, it cannot unlock or bypass this security gateway. When you attempt to put the rear brakes into service mode, the tool simply fails or errors out because the car blocks the command. If you bought this tool specifically to do your rear brakes, you will either need to: Upgrade your tool: Use something like OBDeleven (with a Pro subscription for SFD unlock), VCDS, or ODIS. Do it mechanically: Remove the electronic parking brake motor from the back of the caliper (two T30 Torx screws) and manually wind the internal spindle back before compressing the piston. Don't find out the hard way when your car is already up on axle stands with the wheels off!
  6. First wash today, good job I am retired and have time. Tried the bent toothbrushes and the didn’t work that well, ended up pushing a wet lump of paper towel round the channel behind the spokes to get it clean. Best implement remains the long brush from Lakeland (see photo of brush selection). The bent toothbrushes came from Asda, 25p for two. Read the instructions on the Autoglym can and remembered why I didn’t use it last time - I takes over an hour to cure! They did get treated with the Turtlewax ceramic spray that was used on the rest of the car.
  7. kenton59 joined the community
  8. Washed and treated with Turtlewax ceramic spray coating this afternoon, will see how it goes. Also got some turtle wax shampoo to complement it but didn’t use it today as I wanted to start from clean, bare paint.
  9. I often get the pop up message saying to update the software,this generally happens around 10 mins into the journey,but nothing seems to happen,I don’t get completed messages & the nav system is still in the original,I tried updating the nav with a usb stick, but it doesn’t seem to work, my car is a 20 plate Karoq 1.5 tsi sportline & has the Columbus mib3 system
  10. Today
  11. PhilH34 joined the community
  12. Not surprised really just reminded of the change in battery performance once we have colder overnight temperatures. It got down to 3C, ie 276K, so battery was on the cool side. Energy efficiency took a while to climb from much over 3 miles per KWh.Had electric cars for near 2,000 days now and not one of them regretted transitioning to EV from ICE. A cold snap means one needs to recalibrate and tweak ones behaviour in a few areas. But the continual flow of economic advantageous, added to this month by the removal of VAT on home supply and therefore when home charging is ICE'ing on the cake. Also seeing the harm that added CO2 is doing to the planet going EV please me that I have stopped adding to that disastrous situation we are sadly leaving our offspring. When I see the reduction in range I start thinking about how much better the new version of the Scenic is, particularly the new 67 KWh LFP version with 220 hp. I could charge to 100% regularly rather than only 80% with my current NMC battery as well as having about 30 miles more range with a full battery, much cheaper as it is LFP tech and 50 hp more are all Scenics will have the 220 hp motor. Press release attached and the improvement is staggering and for less money. Not going back to ICE for a main car ever as far as I can see as EVs just have too many advantages and aspects like the reduced winter range, even with heat pumps on all out cars, minor inconvenience and charging up for little money, free or being paid to charge up, cheap servicing etc and the cars getting cheaper and cheap is holding nearly all the cards. if I needed to do silly miles in a day I would probably hire a Polestar or European Car of the Year Mercedes CLA. Previous European Car of the Years, 2024 and 2025, got both of these but will not be taking on a CLA but impressed by its long range if not its price even though down to £39k now. Press_release_-_2026_Scenic_prices_-_01092026.pdf
  13. KevCoop joined the community
  14. Hi Alasdair, thanks for the insight! Would you say this is something to be concerned of, regarding further troubles down the line? Or once this is fixed should I be reassured do you reckon? Thanks !
  15. Reckon all the bolts on my old 1.9tdi are similar but its 19 year old. Thats not good at all. You dont expect it on a 6 year old car unless its been parked in the sea. I assume the same bolt is used on other parts of car as well so may take them some time to find and recall them all. Alasdair
  16. Thanks for the advice. To be fair the car is on 86k miles, doing about 15k miles per year for the last 3 years, so maybe the tires being shot makes more sense in hindsight. Cinch have finally given me the list of repairs and rectifications they made before selling the car. I’ll attach the list below. Do these fixes give cause for concern, or should I be happy that these have now been sorted before my ownership? I know the cooling system is a common fault from what Ive read. Thank you so much, I appreciate any insight you may have!
  17. CJJE replied to royread's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I get Kamiqs as a courtesy car each time my Karoq is serviced, and I definitely find the Kamiq is smaller and lower down. I need the Karoq for its boot size, and would not fit my holiday luggage in a Kamiq as easily as it goes in the Karoq. I can't really judge the performance and ride of the Kamiq as I only get the basic version, while my Karoq is the 2.0TSI 4x4 with DCC. Chris
  18. The accelerating hard then stumble and limp mode but cleared when stopped and restarted does sound like what warrior said sticking actuator or if its variable vein turbo they may be carbon up. My old 1.9tdi used to do exactly the same thing. Slight blow off noise then down on power. Pull into layby and stop then start and back to normal. Slightly sticky actuator in my case. Alasdair
  19. What mileage has this vehicle recorded? Your mention of it having had 'plenty of tyres' might possibly be of some concern. Check .gov website for recorded mileages at MOTs for past 5 years.
  20. It's Highway, I believe, as Jaguar thinks they are American these days but my point is they openly admit that WLTP figures aren't really applicable to their cars' real-world performance. A bit more honesty with these things is good imho
  21. Have a look at the wheel shop in Manchester (online). I found them very helpful when I bought a spare wheel and tools from them a couple of years ago.
  22. N 105 524 2 bolts holding steering wreck, M12x1,5x70, 10.9 class, passenger side, change both of them. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/n10552402-screw-m12x1-5x70-skoda-19278.html
  23. @mikeng Welcome. Maybe your Word Search just never showed something there is on this forum.
  24. 5 x 17” Ratiken alloys with 225/55 R 17 97H Continental TS850 tyres. No cuts or damage to tyres and no dings to alloys. Wheel 1: 6 mm tread Wheel 2: 6 mm tread Wheel 3: 6 mm tread Wheel 4: 8 mm tread Wheel 5: 7 mm tread Used on Karoq SE 2.0 TDi 4x4. These wheels have been stored indoors and in covers when not on the car, covers included. Collection only, located in Cobham, Surrey. Any questions please bung me a PM or post here. Price £295.
  25. Thanks a million for getting back to me, I have the maxidot and the amp at the parcel shelf. I bought a DX unit cheap enough locally but the actual plug that goes into the back is different to the one currently on the loom. If I get a chance when I get home I can send a photo.
  26. There seems to be a couple of other threads about this steering bolt issue, not surprisingly as a range of models are affected: I've just put my VIN (2018 Golf 7.5 GTI) into the main VW website as 17016R may affect me, and I just get red text saying it's not a recognised VIN: So I phoned my local VW main dealer, who checked and advised there was nothing outstanding at the moment, but if that changed I would be contacted. Not completely inspired with confidence. Gaz
  27. I ran the OBD11 again this morning. It shows the exhaust as a passive fault with no error code - photo attached. I emailed the results to myself before clearing the codes. Nothing on them for the exhaust, they mostly relate to the doors! Any ideas??

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.