All Activity
- Past hour
-
Windows
I have a 24 plate Karoq and the windows fail to open when holding down door open button on key fob. It's happened before and rectified itself, but now it won't. New Panasonic batteries in key fob and all windows set to open in settings. Window lock off. Any suggestions??
-
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
@NottsIan I agree with your assessment, something isn't right. I have read that the throttle sensitivity can be adjusted. As I mentioned previously the when DSG adapts to towing it changes up later and down sooner, but it reverts to normal after about two days.
-
the truth about electric cars
Be interesting to see if UK adopts a diesel scrappemage scheme again. Talking to an Irish Taxi driver a few months ago he had just acquired a Toyota BZ4 and benefitted from a 10k Euros scrappage on his Dacia Logan / Sandero scrappage which was only a few years old. Seems even to me that scrapping a say 3, or 4 or 5 year old car is excessive. UK scrappage scheme was only £2k i recall and there are a few smoky old diesels on the road that should be fixed or scrapped. Another thought is that if the UK was to introduce Anti Dumping on EVs it would create a windfall tax receipt of thousands of Chinese EVs coming out of Cystoms Warehouse at the UK docks. Having been part of the Customs team at Portbury where we gad up to 100k vehicles in stock could ve a tidy sum just on the ordinary customs duty front !
-
the truth about electric cars
My old firm Ceva is absolutely dedicated to reducing carbon footprint print and whether that is going full EV, or using HVO or LNG in the case of ships that can load up to 4,000 tonnes of fuel at a time. I think diesel needs to be there in case we have a "nuclear" winter caused by war or natural disasters like Icelandic volcanos or the Atlantic warm water stream stopping as it is due to in the next 2 or 3 decades which would lower SE England average temperatures by about 10 C. We would need all the energy diversities we can get.
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
@minsy something doesn't sound right with your car. My Karoq is similar mileage (6500 in 2 yrs) and the DSG is nothing like yours. On a light throttle it will change up at just over 2000rpm. To get it to not change until 3000rpm requires either sport mode or a lot of throttle! My main use of the paddles is to force a lower gear when going uphill as I find the DSG sometimes doesn't change down early enough! Did you get yours from new? if not, then as suggested above, maybe the previous owner was heavy footed and the DSG needs to re-learn your driving style
-
the truth about electric cars
I'm afraid that the whole diesel thing has not been thoroughly thought through at all. If what you would like to see happens, it won't be long before everyone involved will object to the impact that their decisions have had on life as we know it. Just sit and think of all the things that we take completely for granted today that are actually only possible because of the use of diesel. Everything from goods in shops, to mayor superstructure, roads, bridges, and buildings etc. We should all be very careful of the things we wish for, as most of them will come back and bite, and bite hard.
-
Set of 4 "New" (13 miles) 18 inch Dofida Alloys (Superb MK4) complete with Pirelli P7 tyres
Hi On 11th September I picked up my new Superb SEL estate. Before collection the dealer took off the 18" Dofida Alloys and put my 17" Ratikons from my old Karoq. Now I have driven the car for a month, and I will not be changing back to the Dofidas. The photos show the label still on the alloys showing a manufacture date of 14th July 2026. The details are 4 x 18" Skoda Dofida alloys c/w Pirelli P7 235/45/R18 Tyres. No centre caps included The wheel bags will be included in the sale. Price = £950 PS - If you look on other topics you will see my history on the Karoq, alloys and my new Superb !! Collection from Southampton or would deliver within 20 mile radius
-
- Today
- No crank no start
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Nottsian I dont know the name of the hill but its the steep,long one on the M5 not very far from Torquay. My Karoq is not high useage buy any means [ 5600 miles in 18 months] and im beginning to dislike it more every day I use it. we have a very small gradient on the approach road to our street and the car s revving at 3000rpm in 2nd gear unless I use the flappy paddles. The Wifes Fabia DSG is in 4th on the same road. For the life of me I cant understand why a much less powerful car can be in a higher gear than the Karoq under identical conditions. The fabia is in top in no time at all, mine just seems to hold on in a low gear for as long as possible.
-
No crank no start
Car not returning any error codes. I wouldn't expect any though if starter. I'm changing starter motor (ECP supplied wrong one to start with!) When starter motor area was disturbed car started. I'm thinking a burnt out segment on commutator ring? I tried steering wheel adjust and wiggling key, spare key before knocking starter and nothing. After disturbing starter motor it started. Wife said she wiggled gear stick and it started. Dash light extinguish except the typical ones you'd expect. No unusual behaviour (dimming etc) Manual 6 speed 1.9tdi pd MK1 vrs Not dsg
-
the truth about electric cars
All about demand and margins. If demand relates to diesel cars doing the miles on the road that is in a natural decline as their percentage on the road declines. Also about margins. So garage operators claim that selling fuel is very low margin and they make more from selling pop and crisps than from fuel. EV charging you xan have a captive audience for about 20 minutes and selling them a coffee etc can provide really income. Would lile to see more garages rip out their pumps and create sites lije Gridserve's Electric Forecourts. So impressive just need more of them, if they can get the Grid connection or install battery Mega Packs. Shell did this in Jan 2022, more please. https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/news/2022/01/fulham-now-home-world-s-first-shell-ev-charging-hub
-
KarolZ started following Another infotainment update - another one bites the dust
-
KarolZ joined the community
-
Elfyn Evans World WRC champion
Great to see Elfyn become WRC Champion 2026. Commiserations to Olly Solberg. Coverage on C4 was good and helping my Welsh come along. Usually watch on TNT though. Hope Welsh government does a parade. Also congrats to Latvala, team Principal. Nice guy, spoke to him on one of the last WRC Welsh rally.
-
the truth about electric cars
Our Clio "self charging hybrid" was lovely to drive for 23 months. Low down oomph of the electric motor and range of the petrol engine even though the tank was bit less than 40 litres. Well into the mid or upper 60 mpgs in summer, dropping just below 60 mpg in depths of winter. Coming back from Ferrari Challenge at Oulton Park and we got a flat tyre. Gunge did not work so out came RAC. Changing wheel for the RAC man's spare and dash light up like Blackpool illuminations. With hybrids more than twice as mych to go wrong, maybe 4 times as much as the systems xan seem to go in to conflict. Would never get a hybrid again. Or maybe only a Toyota as their biuld quality and experience sets them apart. And... https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/366162/petrol-station-ev-charging-station-future-uk-forecourts
-
1.9 diesel fuel pump not working advice needed.
Hi all, just a quick update. So after taking the two solenoids out that didn’t need removing I removed the whole pump but I still could only see the two solenoids. I then saw a picture of another Lucas pump and there was a cut off solenoid at the end like other pumps but on my pump I couldn’t see it until I took of the mounting bracket and there it was. Cutting a long story short I had power going to a module on the base of the pump but no ignition power coming out. I removed the solenoid leads from that module and put them to the ignition power to the module, earthed the other end and BOOM I now have a working injector pump and after bleeding the pump I now have the pick up running 💥🎉 Thanks for your help guys without your advice I would still probably be chasing this one. Rob
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
Looks like Skodas are affected then! Which bolt is this?
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
-
200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Hi, Looking to replace my now wearing 2017 superb sel exec 150ps diesel manual which has almost 170k miles on it. I am UK based and am looking at either the 200ps diesel or 190ps petrol options, as I have struggled to find an alternative comparable car to the superb. I am finding that there are more 190ps petrols available than the 200ps diesel available second hand. I would consider a stage 1 for either too. Looking to get one that's post 2021 with around 50k miles and likely run it to around 150k miles (similar to my existing car). Are there any red flags to say no to either of the options? Probably would look toward the Sportline trim this time too. Annual mileage is around 20-25k miles.
-
MrRich started following 200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
- Hi All
-
-
the truth about electric cars
Skoda seemingly have their first model with FULL HYBRID. The Octavia. Charges without Plugging in. Bl00dy amazeballs. NOT!.
-
ix66 joined the community
-
David_of_York started following Kodiaq MIB3 – unable to add a second user
-
Kodiaq MIB3 – unable to add a second user
I’ve recently bought a 2023 Kodiaq and have been having some odd issues with the infotainment/Škoda Connect user accounts. Initially, I had trouble getting my own Škoda ID to log in properly. I contacted Škoda Support and they had to refresh/reset something on the backend. After that, I was told to take the car for a drive (to get things going?!), and following the drive everything started working and I was able to log in and become the primary user. However, I’m now trying to add a second user (my wife), and I can’t get it to work. Her Škoda ID works in the MyŠkoda app, but when I try to activate her as a user in the car I get various errors, including “Your user account is incomplete” and “Sorry, activation failed. Please try again later.” Sometimes I get “Currently unable to load the required data. Please try again later.” I’ve also created a completely separate second Škoda ID using a different email address, and that fails in exactly the same way. My own account continues to work perfectly as the primary user. I've set all the accounts up in exactly the same way via the app. The only oddity is that my account shows Country: United Kingdom, whereas the two accounts that won't activate show Country: --. I'm not sure whether that's significant or simply because those accounts aren't associated with the vehicle. Also, those two accounts don’t have an S-PIN enabled but when I try to reset the S-PIN through the app, I get an “Apologies… Unfortunately we cannot complete your request right now” error. Škoda Support were helpful at first but now appear to have given up. They are saying they believe the problem is hardware-related and are recommending that I take the car to an authorised Service Partner for diagnosis. I’m reluctant to do that at this stage, particularly if I'm going to be charged £150–£200 just to diagnose something which may actually be an account/backend or software issue. Has anyone else experienced this, particularly the “Your user account is incomplete” error when trying to add a second user? And did you eventually get it resolved without a dealer visit?
-
the truth about electric cars
PS. Why have a story on Diesel & show a green PETROL Pump? This is the UK with black pumps for diesel not the USA.
-
the truth about electric cars
Lets forget who is feeding THE TIMES stories be that 'Insiders' or LABOUR PARTY 'Communications staff'. Lets hear from The Horses mouth, which ever Secretary or Minister of State is 'The Horse'. Let them tell 'The House' first and not leak stories.
-
the truth about electric cars
You're right, this is pure clickbait; diesel is going to be around in huge volumes for many years to come for all of the reasons already mentioned.
-
lowfeelsblvd started following Fabia 130 review after 1000 miles
-
Fabia 130 review after 1000 miles
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to Skoda. I wanted to post this review to help others - I found a lot of the car journos to be very dismissive of the Fabia 130 and couldn't find anything about the car from real owners other than the odd comment on YouTube and on here. After 1000 miles driven in my Fabia 130, I've found it to be a fantastic all-rounder, which was just what I was looking for. I have had many hatchbacks over the years, Renault Clios, Ford Fiestas, a Mazda 3, Hyundai i10, Toyota Yaris and I wanted something that was sporty and fun but also practical and with good tech and want to say that the Fabia ticks every box. If you read reviews from Carwow, Auto Express, Whatcar they say that it isn't a hot hatch and isn't fast or fun enough, which is true, but Skoda has never claimed it to be a hot hatch, it's a special edition, tuned Fabia Monte Carlo - go into it with that mindset and you will love it. Pros It handles very well - it feels light on it's feet, grips well and in sport mode the steering is weighty and responsive. The seats are incredible - more comfortable than my Mazda 3 which I did a few trips around the UK in. The car is loaded with tech if you option it well and just about everything you need is included as standard. The Winter Premium pack is a must in my opinion for those misty/frozen mornings, and a heated windscreen is something I have missed since owning a couple of Fords. The infotainment is good, not outstanding but I am happy to sacrifice blazing performance for good buttons and easy-to-use menus, which the Fabia has. The steering wheel buttons are a particular highlight, everything you need is there and being able to switch through menus in the virtual cockpit and switch off ADAS systems with a couple of button presses is a breath of fresh air these days. Cons There are some minor software glitches that are more irritating than anything - the radio station will randomly swap on starting the car for me, no idea why but it's such a bizzare quirk I don't know why it's not been fixed in an update The engine note is dreadful - akin to a herd of cows than anything sporty. At high revs it resonates throughout the car with a drawn out groan. Again, it's not a hot hatch but better sound deadening or a proper exhaust note would go a long way! Most of the HVAC controls are easily reachable with physical buttons, but there are a couple of things (heated windscreen and the temperature sync between the two zones) that are only accessible in a menu on the touchscreen. Strange. If you are using Android Auto for Google Maps (and I assume Apple CarPlay) you can't have your navigation on the virtual cockpit - if you want a zoomed out view on the main infotainment screen and a zoomed in view on the virtual cockpit for seeing close junctions and directions, you have to use the default Skoda navigation system, which is good, but it's an oversight. Overall, I'm very happy with the car - the price was a steal, I got it for £8,000 off list in July, and it's loaded with options. Unless you really do not want anything sporty, it's a no brainer to go for the 130 over a Monte Carlo in my opinion. I decided on this over the Polo GTI because of the option to have a heated windscreen, premium sound system and heated steering wheel which, strangely are not even options on the Polo. Plus I like the understated nature of a Fabia. If you want something out and out fast, look elsewhere, but if you want a good blend of practicality and space, sportiness, good looks and good tech, be sure to look at one. If any prospective buyers have any questions, I'd love to answer them, or if there are any other 130 owners here, let me know your thoughts on the car.