All Activity
- Past hour
-
Salvi joined the community
-
Engine mount - good or bad
Hello, I need a second opinion on this engine mount, I believe that it's gone and I plan to replace it. When the engine is running it's more-less ok, but it shakes a lot during starting. P.S. I might replace the lower engine mount as well (one from the front subframe that connects to the gearbox). P.P.S. Car in question is Fabia 1.4 MPI 50KW Thanks a lot
-
zeka95 started following Engine mount - good or bad
-
Map Update
Sorry boss, wont happen again
-
Map Update
The language of this forum is English, please post only in English.
-
Map Update
Profesore nisi jedini, imam isti problem, cak sam probao sa mbr i gpt particijama medutim nikako da se azurira, stick je u autu vec 2 tjedna i nikako da se azurira...
-
oggy997 started following Map Update
- Today
-
Bowchaser joined the community
-
DonnieM started following Welcme chime
-
Welcme chime
Hi all, my 2021 Scala (9.2" Amundsen MIB3) recently did an OTA software update. Ever since, the startup welcome chime is back. I've checked under Vehicle -> Settings, Sound, etc., but I can find no item for Welcome/System Sounds anywhere. Adjusting the volume wheel during playback hasn't worked either. Has anyone with this exact 9.2" setup had the welcome chime item disappear after an update? Or can anyone give me any clues on how I can navigate through the menus to somewhere I can switch it off?
-
the truth about electric cars
Perhaps we are experiences some similarities to the early 70s with the oil crisis which I just about remember as was born in 1961. Crazy price rises, inflation, power shortages meaning receiving a note thru thd door for when your 4 hours without electricity were going to be. The US imposing a Federal wide speed limit of 55 mph. In metric Canada it was 100 kph ie 62 mph nominal. Drastic times which we hope are not repeated but there is a chance.
- Long charging cable
-
the truth about electric cars
@Evolution13 well, this would be in 1967 and I can remember that when I started working in 1964 I was earning £2/10/0d (£2.50) as an apprentice so I guess I would be earning about £7 to £8 by that stage.
-
DCM321 started following Skoda Octavia Mk3 (2013 - 2020)
-
Alloy Inspiration...
I use https://www.wheel-fitment.com/ Lists other cars with same centre bore and PCD. Watch for the offset. Alasdair
-
Alasdair1 started following Alloy Inspiration...
-
Has anyone else found the new Driver Monitoring System on the Mk4 Superb to be overly sensitive?
That makes sense. It would be strange to have sensors only at 3 and 9, but I am another person guilty of repeating this theory on Briskoda 😁 On the only occasions when I have had the warning, I have been driving on long lonely motorways with one hand at the 6 o'clock position. I don't think it was just a light resting touch, but maybe your experiments can find out more. One thought though ... don't test it unless the road behind you is clear. There can sometimes be a very short break between the warning and the car starting to take corrective action. If grasping the wheel firmly does not clear the warning immediately, you could be braking before you - or the driver behind - know it. ... and I am the only person who finds it incredible that we have to try to reverse engineer our cars in order to work out how to use them correctly? This stuff should all be in the manual - or at least on the Skoda website - so that we can get a definitive guide. I'm always amused that there is more description in the manual on how to open and close a door (with warnings and diagrams!) than most of the driver features in the car.
-
VRS abs wiring
Similar but different thing happened to me on an old SEAT. Imobilizer locked on and car wouldnt start. eventually gave up and got another car. Three month later battery was flat so charged it and tried again. Worked perfectly and has done since. No idea why. Put it down to a glitch in ECU. Alasdair
-
Noisy door - creak hunt diary... 69 plate
Will wait for a proper cold day test but there is a possibility that this friction between objects is the source of the glovebox rattle too... perhaps a felt tape layer on the fixing points is all that takes? lets see how it goes with the door
-
VRS abs wiring
Sorry folks, not been on here for months, ended up hospitalised, abs light traction control and tyre pressure warning illuminated, but since car has sat 3 months without a battery fitted it's not in limp mode any more! The quest continues, slowly
-
ichoutov joined the community
-
Has anyone else found the new Driver Monitoring System on the Mk4 Superb to be overly sensitive?
I have had this a few times when we were driving along the M90. Like you, I cruise with my hands lightly grasping, finger almost laying on the 6:30pm position of the steering wheel. So I asked my AI Assistant with which I configured the personalised settings in the car - both the question about the steering wheel, "take control" message and the earlier query about the "driver attention" warning message: AI RESPONSE: Yes — and I think what you are experiencing is the hands-on detection, not the camera-based driver-attention monitor. Rosie’s Travel Assist uses a capacitive steering wheel. Škoda explicitly describes it as detecting the driver’s touch on the wheel; in principle, therefore, you should not have to provide steering torque or deliberately wiggle the wheel merely to prove you are there. � Škoda Auto +1 I would be cautious about the claim that the sensors are specifically at particular clock positions such as 3 and 9 o’clock. I can find owners repeating that theory, including on BRISKODA, but I cannot find anything from Škoda confirming it. � Capacitive hands-on systems of this type normally use a conductive sensor mat within the steering-wheel rim, rather than two little point sensors sitting at particular locations. � Briskoda Justia Patents Your observation nevertheless makes sense. If you are cruising with your hands resting lightly around the bottom of the rim, you may have relatively little skin area wrapped around the wheel. Capacitive detection can then be less reliable. Skin moisture, gloves, very light fingertip contact and the exact way the hand contacts the leather can all affect the capacitance. Other VW-group owners report exactly this sort of variation. � Briskoda +1 So I would try a very simple experiment in Rosie: On a suitable straight road with Travel Assist operating, keep one hand normally wrapped around the rim at about 8–9 o’clock or 3–4 o’clock. Don't deliberately make steering corrections. See whether the warning disappears entirely. Then repeat the same stretch with your hand resting down at about 6 o’clock, as you normally sometimes drive. If the warnings occur predominantly in the second case, I'd regard that as the capacitive detection simply being less reliable with your particular lower-hand grip — not evidence that there are discrete sensors only at 3 and 9. And when the warning does appear, try firmly wrapping/squeezing your fingers around the rim first rather than wriggling the steering wheel. If the capacitive system is working properly, that should normally be sufficient. One thing I would watch because Rosie is brand new: if she starts giving “take over steering” warnings while you genuinely have one or both hands properly wrapped around the rim at conventional positions, I wouldn't accept that as normal. VW-group steering wheels have had documented sensor-mat problems, so at that point I'd have West End Garage check the hands-on detection sensor/mat under warranty. � Dot Report So for now: I don't think you need to change any setting. I'd change your hand contact slightly and see what happens. And I wouldn't worry about using exactly 3 and 9 — somewhere around the side/lower-side of the wheel should give the capacitive system a much better signal than merely resting your hands along the bottom. AI RESPONSE: Yes — you remembered correctly. When we set Rosie up, I recommended changing Drowsiness Monitor → Sensitivity to Medium. It sits within the Attention and Drowsiness Assist / driver-assistance settings. My recommendation was: Leave the system switched on Set Sensitivity = Medium Only reduce it further if Rosie was repeatedly warning you despite you being alert and driving normally The idea was to retain the genuine safety benefit without having the car become unnecessarily fussy about perfectly normal driving behaviour. So if you followed my recommendation at the time, Medium is the setting you should currently have. END OF AI RESPONSE. Hope this helps? I will note how the car behaves for our first proper journey down to Southern England in a few weeks to visit our son and report back on my real-life, as opposed to AI world, reality! Best wishes.
-
-
the truth about electric cars
@Graham Butcher can you remeber what you earned then or what you paid for the Minx?
-
the truth about electric cars
On that note, when I started driving, I had a Hillman Minx and I remember petrol costing 6 bob and 8 pence, a gallon in old money or 3 gallons for £1. Oh, how things change.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Got some hose retaining clip things: so they shouldn't fall out. Started some wire wheeling and pulled off that 'no jacking' label to find out what the original paint was like. Some reasonable performance weight savings have occurred. Wire wheeled it all back as best I could and gave it a bit of a wash and wipe down. and started colouring it in.
-
Official Briskoda Fabia II vRS Register
Saw this 64 plate parked up at tewksbury services and couldnt resist a family photo, is it anyone from the forum? Had the same cobra exhaust as mine but was lowered on yellow springs. Any ideas?
-
Ryzantium started following Official Briskoda Fabia II vRS Register
-
Skoda Karoq 1.0tsi Hard Clutch pedal after clutch master cylinder change
Try opening bleed nipple at slave end and depress clutch. If its still hard then it could be a fault in new master cylinder/pedal area. If its soft it could be the clutch mechanism/slave. Also the pressurised connection on master is push fit with a metal clip to secure. On my octavia it came with an o ring and top hat seal. You only use one. Top hat in my case. If both were used it may restrict the flow of clutch fluid causing stiff pedal or perhaps seal wasnt pushed home enough(it should click into place on pipe) or seal has come loose when fitting.(its quite easy to dislodge seal when connecting pipe from experience) Alasdair
-
-
the truth about electric cars
Buyers market for those wanting an efficient diesel for longer distance trips, towing etc etc. even if it does get to £3 a litre. £13.50 a gallon. You pays your money and do what you need to do in whatever suits you. PS, when I had a moped, a motorbike or a car and had started working a gallon of petrol was an hour's pay.
-
Turn off electric range in Navigation
Hi Can anybody tell me if it is possible to turn off the annoying light/dark shade indication in the navigation system display for the remaining electric range? ON a PHEV it seems pointless. Wilson
-
WilsonB started following Turn off electric range in Navigation
-
Wireless phone charge bay - iPhone Pro Max
Hi there, I own a 2025 Kodiaq iv Sportline hybrid (and love it!). I’m thinking about upgrading my iPhone 15 pro to an iPhone 17 Pro Max. Question - will that size phone fit and charge ok in the wirlesss charging bays in the Kodiaq? Have seen measurements and it looks borderline, so would appreciate any user feedback from anyone who’s been there. Thanks in advance 😊
-
Has anyone else found the new Driver Monitoring System on the Mk4 Superb to be overly sensitive?
It been a while…..but. After a few tests, it does seem that 10to and 10 past generates less “take control” notifications. I have moved my seat 2 clicks forward in the hope that on my next 80+ miles trip I’ll get few, hopefully no notifications to take control 🤞
-
SteveMUK joined the community
- Long charging cable
- Long charging cable