Everything posted by StevesTruck
-
Knocking noise under braking - running out of options to check.
Loose exhaust? Wheels not done up right?
-
Room to sleep in the estate?
I'm 6 foot and wouldn't have a hope of sleeping in my Fabia hatchback, I think the estate's about 6" longer, so I'll go with a no on that. My Octavia hatchback is fine for it though. The worst I have to do is wind the seat back up a bit or slide it forwards.
-
Locking wheel nut stripped - suggestions?
The other option is a set of twist/spiral sockets that bite on from the outside of the bolt head, depends a bit how much clearance you have between the bolt and the wheel though. The set I use were made by Trident and were very much not cheap. The other way involves a set of cobalt drill bits and the patience of a saint.
-
Mk1 Skoda fabia vrs starting rough
That would explain the anti-shudder valve fault then, as the delete does away with the part. Any chance the fuel system could be pulling in air somewhere?
-
Heater always hot
Probably not the case for your fault, but it's an easy thing to try - If you look at the bottom of your heater controls, there's a tidy little grill. that's an intake for the cabin temperature sender. It can be full of dust, so if you can get a little hoover nozzle over it, it might help matters. A decent diagnostic scan will tell you if the mixer flap motor is working properly.
-
Coolant leek, after new pump & belt fitted.
It's not impossible, we all make mistakes. At the same time though, it might just be something as simple as it being airlocked and clearing the trapped bubbles as you drove it. The level will always go up and down marginally due to thermal expansion. If you've got a decent sized bit of cardboard, slide that under the car and leave it over night, then see if there's any wet patches in the morning. If not, put it back and run it up to temperature, let it idle a while and see if it drops any. Failing that, nip it back to the garage and ask them to have a quick double check for signs of a leak.
-
Where's all the Adblue?
There was talk about it going into short supply just before xmas. I never heard a specific reason. I'm wonderring if whatever caused that concern has finally happened.
-
Avon AS7
I always used to run Avons, but in the last few years there's been too many issues with the sidewalls cracking for me to chance it again.
-
Mk1 Skoda fabia vrs starting rough
Cheers lads, it can be an issue of lining up what the diagnostics system calls something, versus what a part is commonly known as. I'd probably be having a look at the anti shudder valve itself then to make sure it's re-opening reliably when you go to restart the engine. It might just be that it's clogging up on crap if the EGR needs a clean and that it's taking a few goes to fight past that.
-
Mk1 Skoda fabia vrs starting rough
They do rely on a bit of glow, I can't see it causing that much of a problem. That 19561 error could be a factor, I could be wrong, but I think that's the anti shudder valve that operates when the engine is shutting down? It might also be worth checking your injection timing, if your diagnostic kit has the ability. Have you done an EGR delete?
-
2.0 cr engine injector seals
I've had a set done on a 2.0 SDI in a 2k caddy and it seemed to help the situation. I wouldn't expect a 2.0 to ever need rings.
-
Issues with diesel mixing with oil. HELP PLEASE
I'd say the smart money's on injector seals.
-
2021 Fabia - Do I need a Hex-V2 cable?
Looks that way. Mines the current model if you want to try it before you buy one? I work in Lincoln.
-
Great on the motorway…
That's decent enough - what engines in it? But of a comparison from the cheap seats: I did Dundee and back for a weekend in my base spec MK2 TDI. On the way up I stopped for a leak just south of the border. According to the MFA: 246 miles 64.8 mpg 4 hours 30 min 55mph AVG Not luxurious, but totally comfortable apart from my iffy shoulder starting to complain a bit on the Edinburgh bypass. Only real downside is, it ain't fast. But I was going up the A1 in the afternoon, so limited opportunity for that anyway. Oh, and I used a litre of coolant 🤣
-
Stupid question has someone nicked my Cat
That's not where your cat is, that's just two bits of exhaust that have come disconnected. No idea how, you normally couldn't separate them if you tried
-
Anyone from Lincolnshire area?
I'm in Alford, get all over the place with work though.
-
Windscreen wiper arm removal
Give it a spray and try again next weekend.
-
List of VCDS Owners (Previously known as VAG-COM) & VCP Owners
@Gizmo Can you add me on to the list please? I have Hex V2. Alford, Lincs LN13
-
Front wheel bearings
I'd wouldn't fit anything other than Febi/Bilstein or SKF. Much as it might cost £20 more, it's not a job you want to be doing twice.
-
Wheel bearing replaced now Abs light on
The magnets aren't always amazing on cheap wheel bearings. We had it recently on a mini where a new bearing threw an abs fault that we couldn't find a reason for, in the end, we gave up and installed a better brand and it solved it.
-
1.9 VRS Estate potential future project
288's are fine for stopping, but the feel and progressiveness is much better on 312's. I've treated 288's really badly and they won't fade if you've got good quality pads and discs.
-
Anti Skid Tyre Bocks
I've seen someone trying to use then and he was having bother getting them past the brakes, I can't remember what vehicle that was on though, apart from it being a modern 4x4'y-looking thing.
-
seeking a 2din fabia mk1 trim for stereo.
Mine's an autoleads one, DFP-20-02. It's not amazing, but after a bit of modification, it's about acceptable.
-
Diesel Filter Change [2012. Mk2. 2l. 170hp. Tdi]
Give the screws a good spray the night before. The threads are exposed on the underside, so they can get gunked up, especially if it's not been off for a while. If you've got a small impact driver (the kind of scale you'd use for putting screws in wood, not wheels on wagons), it's worth using that to crack the screws off. Personally, I drain the filter housing off into a jar, so I can have a look at the state of the fuel in there, then refill the housing with a suitable injector cleaner. Start the engine up and go for a blast. I appreciate that's not to everyone's taste, but works for me.
-
Violent shaking under load BKD engine
What did you scan it with? I'd expect to see at least a saved code for an intermittent misfire. I'm not great on engine codes, is BKD one of the 2.0 16V diesels with the PD injection on?