Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gabbo

  1. It seems as though patience is needed, young Padawan... I was presented with this scary message today. "Get out and make sure nobody is left inside"
  2. From experience, the main problem running a diesel out of fuel if not so much damaging the pump but rather the system is designed to be closed and always filled with fuel. If air gets into the system, it can be impossible to pass enough fuel back to the pump to generate enough pressure to start. Ford engines which I had many of in the past didn't have a low fuel pressure pump and rely on the suction of the high pressure pump to pull fuel through the system. They had a system that would simulate running out of fuel (creating a simulated miss fire) which would then stop the engine before it ran out of fuel to ensure it would start immediately once additional fuel was added. A couple of years ago with the Volvo XC90, I was driving home with 20km left on the range when suddenly the range showed ---km and the engine began to splutter. I managed to roll into a filling station and add 70l of fuel but I couldn't start the engine again. It just dead cranked until they battery was almost flat. The RAC guy connected an electric pump to prime the system and it started after 2s. The last Mercedes we had in 2022 stopped displaying distance to empty or range after you reached the low fuel level so with around 80km still available. This was quite annoying as on the Skoda I always like drive to the end of the tank to give a consistent mpg calculation.
  3. I had a message 2 days ago while stopped at traffic lights saying that an update was available for my system to 0330. There was a page of "improvements" and I clicked update to continue. As soon as I started driving the screen popped a message saying "some functionality is not available while the vehicle is in motion" & then returned to the navigation. After 2 days the system is still SW version 0324 & I am unable to see any updates available if I go to Settings->System->Update Software. Any ideas how to get back the option for the upgrade? I was particularly interested in the improvements for the rear view camera. The OTA system seems very poorly implemented in the MIB3...
  4. A 2022 superb should have in built navigation. Can you show as picture of the radio unit? If you press the home button on the top left does it not show a map on 3/4 of the screen?
  5. There's an option on the Superb to have 5v USBC connector for a dashcam in rear view mirror. I have this on my car but didn't use it yet. Do they run an additional harness for this option or is the connector always there?
  6. Once a regen has completed sufficiently the warning light will disappear in its own
  7. I found this video which makes it look quite easy as you mentioned. Will have a go try to pop it up at the weekend. I guess you can probably lift it up without removing the side piece with the right spludgers.
  8. Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can get to the part number first.
  9. With modern navigation & GPS systems it would be easy enough to learn your weekly usage and a common long route which would be sufficient for regen. When it detected you are on the usual route it can run automatically. This would probably fit for the majority of use cases with only some exceptions. I find it annoying that I drive 95% on the highway but the car always decides it wants to regen on my day off when I just do sort trips taxiing the kids to places.
  10. Ever since my Octavia was new, the drivers window switch was difficult to press down so that it would recognise the auto-down/up. (Where you press past the first click which is just manual up/down control). Recently it has started to become difficult to get the window to go down fully without multiple presses of the switch. Each press drops it 10cm it so then it stops. I've tried learning the end positions (hold close button for several seconds with window closed, hold open button with window fully open etc). I was wondering how difficult it would be to replace the switch? In the drivers side it has switched for the 4 windows together. Can I replace one of them or are the all in one unit?
  11. I should add that I have recently purchased a Superb Diesel (DPF+SCR) but only 5k km in so far...
  12. I've had an Octavia diesel for 10 years (240k km) so far without issues. Never had any problems with the DPF although I do drive quite high mileage. As long as you drive enough to get the engine warm and then maybe 15 minutes more at least once during each tank of diesel its enough to allow a normal regeneration. During the pandemic when I wasn't going to work I've had a message once to say the car cannot regenerate and to see owners handbook (I.e. drive in the highway) and after 5 minutes the warning had gone and didn't come back. SCR adds another level of complexity to newer diesels but is relatively more simple technology than the DPF. You will also find that many new petrol cars will come with SCR to meet every tightening emissions rules.
  13. One way around this if you have stop start enabled is to park up, let stop start cutout the engine, the leave the car without pressing the ignition button. The lights will stay on, and when you lock the car, the ignition will automatically turn off & coming home timer will be started.
  14. Out of interest, what brand of AdBlue do you use to top-up? I've noticed most big petrol stations now offer this from the pumps but you can also buy smaller 5L bottles from most places. I'd prefer to top up myself than get charged a premium by the garage at each service.
  15. @Jonatan any news from the garage as to the root cause?
  16. The navigation/infotaiwnt unit. If you press the menu button, there's a tile of the main screen for service campaigns.
  17. In the main menu on the MIB3 there's a tile for service campaigns. If you select that does it inform you of any outstanding actions linked to your VIN?
  18. I think partially the legislation which defines very strict rules on how to apply limitations from low adBlue level once you've gone underneath the threshold to trigger the countdown. I guess the system can see you have topped up small amounts but doesn't display this in terms of adBlue distance remaining unless you add enough to move outside of the warning region. This is perhaps why you must add a minimum of 3L to deactivate the distance to "no start" warning.
  19. I tried this today. I dont really understand what refill quantity min & max means but I'll monitor it over the next thousand kms next week
  20. @Jonatan maybe worth to read the adBlue tank level in the driving data & then topup to see if the indicated level increases, then monitor over time to see if it rapidly decreases or doesn't change..
  21. Is there a way to view the measured level of adBlue through the MIB3? I haven't seen it but I'll look tomorrow. Anyone know what kind of level sensor the tank has? Do you have any PCodes? I'd guess there are two obvious faults to check, a leak of the tank or a faulty level sensor
  22. That's why I was asking because I normally the adBlue consumption on a car is pretty low so I didn't imagine a large tank so it should be more than capable to register 5L. It should register almost any filling amount but unless you make a significant step in level the reading is heavily filtered to allow for gradient or inclination. If you park on a level ground, it should recognise small amounts at least by the next start.
  23. Did you turn it off with VCDS/OBD11? I've just seen this thread & after a few months trying to get used to the DSG I think I'll do the same. I feel like I'm constantly flicking the paddle to put back the gear or braking unnecessarily when I'm accelerating above the speed limit or towards the car in front.
  24. It world be nice if the DSG used the front assist ACC sensor & inclination sensor to decide when to coast. E.g.not engaging coasting when the car in front is slowing down or when you are on a downward slope. I am used to a manual & use heavily the engine braking & anticipation to manage the speed. New to a DSG and the most annoying part is gear shifting or coasting which causes the speed of the car to increase. I can't understand why they design the system this way. For me it's more logical if I remove my foot from the accelerator that I want to slow down or at least maintain the current speed. With the combination of sensors and road mapping it should be simple to do this but instead it will engage coasting or shift to the next gear making me accelerate towards the car in front... I am constantly flicking the flappy paddle to make it reengage the gear. I think I'll invest in a OBD11 just to change this setting.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.