Everything posted by Paws4Thot
-
Mirabelle - A thing of beauty
- ULEZ and other similar schemes we are being told are all about clean air for everybody but are they really just a means of making money from motorists?
@Graham Butcher @Ootohere Traffic going around Dundee would generally stay on the A90 (Kingsway (West)) anyway unless it actually requires to go into the city centre.- Antifreeze (Coolant)
Are you even certain that's antifreeze? I'm not. Methylated spirts and paraffin are sometimes sold with pink colourants too.- Three beeps
If correct, that means the LHF inner brake pad is heavily worn.- 2nd hand body panels arrived damaged, what do we think?
You're legally correct; the fairest (for both of you) thing is probably for you to inform the vendor, and him to raise a damages claim against the carrier.- Parking Bump
Further questions; has "She" bent:- The crash bar under the bumper? The headlight mounting plate? The inner wing?- Skoda Felicia 1.6 litre AEE engine Timing Belt change interval
Paws4Thot replied to Mustafa_Samir's topic in Skoda Favorit, Skoda Felicia, Skoda Fun and Skoda FormanAs long as you like, but if the belt breaks, don't blame me!- Spark plug change interval
SUK say 4 years/64_000 km whichever comes first; I'd be unhappy about leaving them that long.- Fabia Vrs 2007 body exchange
@hemsley704 As @Crasher actually doesn't say, the part will fit, but blanks airflow to the standard SMIC.- LED Headlights and other questions
I don't know about Danish law, but UK law would require the addition of headlight self-levelling and headlight washers to make LED headlights legal.- Glow Plug Issue - Car wont turn over
That looks more like an immobiliser issue than glowplugs, particularly if you get a "Beep" sound from somewhere in the depths of the fascia or engine bay rather than a whirr when you key the starter.- ABS, Traction Control, Tyre Pressure and flashing handbrake light
Sensor does not mean sensor; it means "sensor and/or cable" in this context.- ABS, Traction Control, Tyre Pressure and flashing handbrake light
One (or more) of those may need changing; it's impossible to say over the Interwebnet. However, it is almost certainly not the cause of your described issues.- Buying a 35-45k miles Superb iv
I'd be more concerned with "does it have a full service history including things like correctly done DSG (and Haldex if applicable) services?" than "Approved used" checks like "does it have a wheel and tyre at each corner?"- ABS, Traction Control, Tyre Pressure and flashing handbrake light
I don't understand the word "barring" in this context.- Steering rack - replace or repair
@Truestory30 I don't know what refurbishers in your nation are like, but my Octavia has had an exchange steering rack in it for the last several years.- Rear seats
@Ghostrider81 I couldn't have written @rum4mo prose above, but that was exactly how the folding rear seat on several cars I've owned (including Skodas) worked. The biggest question is whether you have a solid or split fold rear seat, and we'd need to know your trim level to answer that.- the truth about electric cars
ISTR that the design of USian "truck" mirrors is mandated by law, to the extent that you can't even have convex rather than flat glasses.- Spare wheel / fitting it in the boot
So take one off a road corner and see it it fits in the spare wheel well.- Christmas lights on my dash
@RAKU83 My memory also says "Charge circuit failure". I'm surprised you don't have a list of about 30 faults though.- Air Conditioning Not Working
Does one of the radiator fans come on when the a/c is switched on? (even on a cold engine)- Creaky accelerator pedal
This makes no obvious sense. If it creaked passing through a given angle, that would make sense but the statement reads as "If I hold the throttle pedal at $percent open it creaks".- EMC light
Sentence makes me think of the thermostat not working correctly, but I'd be loath to spend out without more than a feeling. Pass Well I do have an idea here; change your garage!- Brake fluid level on Min. Top up or take to garage ASAP?
with fluid from a new small can. Dispose of any unused fluid.- FABIA VRS MK1- winter grille?????
Why!? I can assure you that I didn't need a blanked grille on an Octavia in the Great Glen (Scotland) at -20C (Twenty degrees below 0). - ULEZ and other similar schemes we are being told are all about clean air for everybody but are they really just a means of making money from motorists?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.