What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Drive while pleased with the work done by my independent .echanic who runs the service dept down my local skoda dealers :) oem thermostat has sort my stuck at 80deg temp gauge. Shocks and brakes on the back are fantastic :thumbup:

Edited by mac11irl

Did some electrical finagling; relay and a little fuse-box installed to give me accessory power... currently just running a USB charge-point, but intended for also powering an audio amplifier that I can plug my phone into, so that I can have music without having to listen via a single tinny speaker while my phone goes flat.

Also chucked in another relay and switch (using the factory-option front fog-light harness and relay socket) for me to put some spotlights on the front; just need to extend the fog-light plugs a little further, and add waterproof plugs. I've got them, just need to get the time to put it all together.

Upside-down-o-vision of under the dash afterwards. Not terribly keen on the way I fixed everything in -- just screws into the insulation-y stuff -- but it'll do for something that's not terribly visible nor structural. Also not terribly keen on those blue insulated terminals, either, but they're what I had and will do the job. :peek:

underdash-800.jpg

The hardest part is going to be the 'user-facing' part; making it look nice, neat, and almost factory. Lot of work ahead of me, I think.

Gave my Fabia a clean, cut a new pipe running from my catch-can to the TIP then took her for a blat to check that the pipe was long enough for the engine to move around and not pull loose and was all good :)

One question left running around my little head though....

B82605B7-D03E-4591-B7F4-1B6BA3C162F7_zps

.... why oh why is only one pipe covered in soot!!??!

Gave my Fabia a clean, cut a new pipe running from my catch-can to the TIP then took her for a blat to check that the pipe was long enough for the engine to move around and not pull loose and was all good :)

One question left running around my little head though.... B82605B7-D03E-4591-B7F4-1B6BA3C162F7_zps

Either 1 is fake or it is designed badly so the gases flow better through one side than the other.
  • Like 1

Finished off fitting my new stereo to my fabia VrS SE by wiring the microphone behind the glove box and back over to the vanity light.

Very happy with the outcome and not a wire in sight

Either 1 is fake or it is designed badly so the gases flow better through one side than the other.

One been running this exhaust for nearly 12 months now and never seen this happen before.

I don't know about the Fabia but some of them have a flapper valve on the 2nd pipe that only opens when you give it some stick.  If you've been tootling about on small throttle openings the valve doesn't open.

Today I got a new inlet manifold and fitted it.

2 hours later fitted and happy, then went for a drive... still not driving right ... theres a struggle getting from idle to above 1500rpm then after that its fine so ive done alot of reading and ive seen a thread talking about a egt sensor? Could this be the problem? Just want it up and running properly as money has been tight and been off the road a month. Also had a recent service too about 200 miles before the old manifold decided to bugger up.

FYI: pd 170

any suggestions really appreciated

Today I got a new inlet manifold and fitted it.

2 hours later fitted and happy, then went for a drive... still not driving right ... theres a struggle getting from idle to above 1500rpm then after that its fine so ive done alot of reading and ive seen a thread talking about a egt sensor? Could this be the problem? Just want it up and running properly as money has been tight and been off the road a month. Also had a recent service too about 200 miles before the old manifold decided to bugger up.

FYI: pd 170

any suggestions really appreciated

You had it scanned for diagnostic codes? That'd be the first place to start.

• Like 1

It wasnt showing any codes :'( which is a pain! But this was before I changed the manifold.. im going to be doing it tuesday so im hoping something shows up