Delivery times for Fabia ?

Hello all, great forum you have going here.

I ordered a Red Fabia VRS estate with all the options at the end of August. The dealer wasn't able to place the order immediately as Skoda didn't know when they were going to start building sunroofed models. Subsequently we found out there were problems with the sunroofs and that Skoda was withdrawing them from the brochure (structural issues apparently :S ). I agreed to take the sunroof off the order and the dealer placed the order last week. I have been given a build date of week 5 2011 so will probably have to wait till March to get it with the new reg. :'( Its a long wait but still can't wait to pick it up!! :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

structual problems :giggle:what about the one's that have allready been built and shipped:no:,popped in to see the dealer yesterday just to confirm that they ordered the spare wheel,apparently mine has not started build yet and I ordered last 2 weeks september:( this may be a longer wait than I initially thought.:dull:

We've been given an updated build time, it's being brought forward a huge ammount.

New date is build week 47

Downside of this is I have to decide what to replace the sunroof with by the end of next week as they are still not available on the current run ( and they don't know if it will ever return ! )

At least we wont have a leaking roof :rofl:

Ordered my Fabia vRS Estate at the end of August - still not been given a build date - they said around November 2010 to start with, then revised it to February 2011 - need to be patient!

Started to think about asking for my deposit back and buying a second hand Audi TT for some reason during the week - those thoughts have stopped now, I think!

Can't wait for the ickle Fabia to arrive tho!

hmm.. all this talk about sunroof I dont understand..

I ordered a new fabia combi tsi dsg a cupple of days ago WITH sunroof and a lot of other stuff.. the only thing I had to change before the factory accepted my order was the interior coulor.. onyx/onyx to domino/onyx..

Shuldnt the factory say if its possible or not to choose sunroof when the order is going into the system?

I was looking forward to have a sunroof at my new car :'(

hmm.. all this talk about sunroof I dont understand..

I ordered a new fabia combi tsi dsg a cupple of days ago WITH sunroof and a lot of other stuff.. the only thing I had to change before the factory accepted my order was the interior coulor.. onyx/onyx to domino/onyx..

Shuldnt the factory say if its possible or not to choose sunroof when the order is going into the system?

I was looking forward to have a sunroof at my new car :'(

I'm not certain but I believe it only affects the VRS version. I have had a go on the car configurator on the skoda website and it is only VRS that has had the option removed. As your order has been accepted by the system I think you should be fine :yes:

Ordered a Fabia Vrs 18th September and just been given Build week 48 pick up early Jan due to xmas and new year, but the salesman said to not get to excited as this may change.

Got an update today from salesman, has now moved to week 1 :(

I'm not certain but I believe it only affects the VRS version. I have had a go on the car configurator on the skoda website and it is only VRS that has had the option removed. As your order has been accepted by the system I think you should be fine :yes:

I'm not sure I'd trust the configurator - it says that automatic headlights are standard on the Fabia Elegance but the UK-spec brochure (and my dealer) says not.

auto lights are standard on elegance:thumbup:

Oh *really*? Hurrah! My decision to buy a Fabia is becoming more and more correct every day :)

Edited by dmcc

Just received an update from the Hobins in Manchester and my car is being built this week and is anticipated to be ready for collection during the week commencing 22nd November. I am delighted as I only ordered mid September. By some freak of luck I appear to have queue jumped - maybe demand for white is low, or it was a cancelled order?

I ordered a Fabia Elegance Estate DSG TSI 105 in Artic Green on16 July.

Initially told 6 weeks delivery but then told a few weeks later that due to demand the build week would be 44.

Had a call from my dealer, Claybank Eccles, this morning to say it have been built and that I could expect delivery in about 3 weeks

So fingers crossed