Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

My parents Yeti is being built this week, same as my vRS - both ordered on the same day! How lucky is that! :) Just got to hope they deliver them at the same time!

Mines week 20 as well but I think I'll wait until next week and give them a ring to see if it has actualy been built before i start thinking about how lucky i am.

I think this is the answer why we have strange waiting times :S lol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2011/05/cars/skoda/skoda-has-record-sales-in-april

It's annoying that what with the VAT-free offer and other incentives to purchase, Skoda couldn't have foreseen this extra business and planned accordingly.

I think it's caught everyone by surprise and with every manufacturer trying to cut costs they don't want to put loads into production if they don't have to. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and they'll start improving

I think this is the answer why we have strange waiting times :S lol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2011/05/cars/skoda/skoda-has-record-sales-in-april

sales in april 2011.. I ordered mine 20 OCTOBER 2010! still no build date..

I give a damn in what skoda sells in april.. they shuld build cars after when they get ordered!

Having spoken to SLOWDA UK 6 May, mine is build week 26 but NOT confirmed. The guy said once it is Confirmed, it will be built. So, as far as I can see, my unconfirmed build week can go on moving to the right forever.

He did not offer any explanation, mine is with 1.2TSI & DSG but no SatNav (that I understand is holding things up).

I have a feeling that the SLOWDA UK guy that I spoke to in April was right when he said it will be week 38 to 45 before any TSI's appear in the UK. I think all dealers are being told to "add" a few weeks to the dates each time a customer calls to keep them sweet.

vRS and Greenlines do not seem to be suffering as much!

Finally, [on the Website] Skoda are offering 5% off on Fabia's till end June!!!!!! and a mysterious Fabia 3 is appearing in the small print (but with no further details given).

retiredbri

Once again spoke to Skoda UK who advised that my build date had now become week 34 instead of week 26 for 1.2 Fabia Elegance DSG. My dealer also advised me that it has changed recently (which they chose not to advise me) until today from week 26 to no date, thence to week 38 and now to week 34 which is the same info as Skoda.

Skoda mentioned to me last time I spoke something about a model update hence the delay!!!

this may annoy a lot of people,

but i ordered my VRs on 19th March, received a call yesterday telling me itll be ready for pick up on Tuesday.

It really does seem to be a lottery, and some options seem to be holding it up more than others too

this may annoy a lot of people,

but i ordered my VRs on 19th March, received a call yesterday telling me itll be ready for pick up on Tuesday.

It really does seem to be a lottery, and some options seem to be holding it up more than others too

its not the options that are holding the cars up, i orded on the 7th march and still dont have a build week as of today and ordered no options at all, black vrs estate with black wheels thats it nothing else, so if its options that are holding the cars up why dont i have my vrs now, its something else holding the cars up not what options you have ordered.

Edited by captain mainwaring

Just had a call from the dealer. My vRS is due to be built week beginning 20th of June (week 26). Expected to arrive at the dealer week beginning the 4th of July.

I ordered the car on the 22nd of March and opted for white paint, black roof with dark chrome alloys. Extras wise I ordered the Amundsen head unit, Bluetooth, 3 spoke MFSW, climate control, under seat storage, glasses holder, rear electric windows, front armrest and heated front seats in Tempo red.

The dealer has confirmed it will be a model year 2012 car with the black pack fitted as standard. I asked about the IRC stickers and he doesn't think there is an option to remove them. Pity as I have already asked to have the car de-badged.

Regarding the Amundsen head unit he had no idea if I will get the old model or the Amundsen+. But he did confirm the software on the unit will be up to date with 7 digit postcode search. I have asked him to keep looking into it though as if there is a DAB option for the Amundsen+ I would very keen to have that as well.

I hope all you other guys waiting on build dates have some good news soon too.

Anyone want to buy a Boxster S?

Edited by CMcK

Just had a call from the dealer. My vRS is due to be built week beginning 20th of June (week 26). Expected to arrive at the dealer week beginning the 4th of July.

I ordered the car on the 22nd of March and opted for white paint, black roof with dark chrome alloys. Extras wise I ordered the Amundsen head unit, Bluetooth, 3 spoke MFSW, climate control, under seat storage, glasses holder, rear electric windows, front armrest and heated front seats in Tempo red.

The dealer has confirmed it will be a model year 2012 car with the black pack fitted as standard. I asked about the IRC stickers and he doesn't think there is an option to remove them. Pity as I have already asked to have the car de-badged.

Regarding the Amundsen head unit he had no idea if I will get the old model or the Amundsen+. But he did confirm the software on the unit will be up to date with 7 digit postcode search. I have asked him to keep looking into it though as if there is a DAB option for the Amundsen+ I would very keen to have that as well.

I hope all you other guys waiting on build dates have some good news soon too.

Anyone want to buy a Boxster S?

I also got my provisional build week today of wk24. Ordered on 21st March. Also asked my dealer about the Amundsen+ and they spoke to Skoda Retailer Support on my behalf and they confirmed that it will be the new model of Sat Nav which is supplied with the car.

Just want the build week to be confirmed asap now.

just had an update too and it looks like it could be sep b4 i get my mits on mine :'(

suppose at least ill get the new reg, it'd be nice to get it for the 1st and be one of the first new cars on the road that day, as a kid i used to play spot the new reg, maybe some kid will spot me B)

You guys are quite unlucky as mine was ordered after yours and is built now (week 20!) I guess its probably been made, awaiting trasport to Germany!

Recap/Update: Fabia hatch SE 1.2 TSI 105 PS with DSG, Pacific Blue + cruise control, rear parking sensors and others.

Ordered 21 Feb 2011, build week 20 given on 1 March

1 April build week disappeared, could be WEEK 38 but Loan car will be provided after trade in end July.

Skoda UK said 25-32 weeks from week 13 for any 1.2 TSi +DSG (22 Sept - 10 Nov 2011)

19 April car is back on the build list at week 22.

6 May out to Week 26 with part exchange/loan car 22 June (to fit in with our plans).

20 May back to week 24 - still not confirmed.

Watch this space :yawn:

Naa I'll wait till September as well :) then i can purchase MY12VRS Number plate :p

you may have to wait till march next year for a 12 plate but you can have a 61 in september

i was hoping for an 11 plate now its gonna be a 61 maybe

Well when I bought my VRS it was showroom stock, I've thought about ordering a Fabia S or SE 1.2TSI for the wife although considering the wait times I'm not sure if I want to now... shame I really like the Fabia and so does she... although wait times on Polo's and Golfs is just as bad, bleh!

My build week was week 18 and was put back to, and still is, week 25 (Up to now). I am so looking forward to the DSG gearbox again but I sure will miss my Octavia VRS but I certainly wont miss the clutch having had automatics for the last 20 years.

Picked up my GL2 hatch yesterday (ordered 4th March, build week 16) and the dealer told me that from his experiece the things that are slowing orders down most are DSG and Estates.

He told me he can quote delivery 2-3 months for a hatchback without DSG, but 9 months for an Estate at the moment!

This sounds consistent with what others have said on here so I just thought I'd add what I'd heard. Fingers crossed for everybody still waiting.

Fabia vRS Hatch

White, Black Roof, Black Wheels, Sat Nav, Climate, Armrest, Cruise, Glasses Holder, Mats

Ordered 19/03/11

Dealers says I'll be looking at 12 weeks minimum

No build date yet

Update on mine ordered the 19th March, when my dealer could be bothered putting it through the system it was the 28th March! No build date yet they estimate 20 weeks from order date so a figure pulled from the sky will be collection at the beginning of September

Edited by stugolf

I ordered mine on 8th March.

Fabia vRS in Green with Black Roof & Black Alloys and every extra except the smokers pack and Sunroof and I've been given a build week of 21, which I'm not too happy about because I will end up with a MY2011 car and not the new spec one for the sake of one week!

After giving the dealer a lot of crap I haven't got anywhere either because there's nothing that can be done about the build week due to the logistics involved in building the car. Looks like I'm going to have to buy the smoked lights and dark grill at an added cost to myself :'(

Apparently I should get 3 years free servicing on the PCP though which is a bonus and will hopefully cancel out the cost of the parts I will have to buy separately.

Red vRS, totally standard,no extras. Ordered 10th Feb at which time I was told it would be ready in approx 10weeks (week 16 - w/c 18th April). I then had a call to say it had been put back to build week 19.

I have just called to check that the car has been built and received the following disappointing reply:

'The car is one of a number of vehicles which have had their production week put back (ALL May production Fabia vRS) to post-week 22 (commencing 30 May). This is due to enhancements being made to the range (Skoda call it build year 12). The vRS is now getting the ''Black Look Pack' which comes with the Monte Carlo model. Obviously, there are no further charges'.

I think I might as well ask them to put winter tyres straight on it at this rate, on second thoughts, maybe receiving it to drive this winter is a bit optimistic at this point! :(

Red vRS, totally standard,no extras. Ordered 10th Feb at which time I was told it would be ready in approx 10weeks (week 16 - w/c 18th April). I then had a call to say it had been put back to build week 19.

I have just called to check that the car has been built and received the following disappointing reply:

'The car is one of a number of vehicles which have had their production week put back (ALL May production Fabia vRS) to post-week 22 (commencing 30 May). This is due to enhancements being made to the range (Skoda call it build year 12). The vRS is now getting the ''Black Look Pack' which comes with the Monte Carlo model. Obviously, there are no further charges'.

I think I might as well ask them to put winter tyres straight on it at this rate, on second thoughts, maybe receiving it to drive this winter is a bit optimistic at this point! :(

i had a week 19 build which was around the 9th of May for my vrs estate and i ordered January, mine was built 10th May and it is arriving at the dealers tomorrow and i will be collecting on Friday. So at least mine was not put back