The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

It's funny they changed the colour of Police cars from white to silver and black because of the poor re-sale value of white.... :happy:

As you can see by my posts I've changed the colour of my yeti three times now, staying with magnetic brown now. This is a request for your thoughts.....

I've just noticed that the mdi is still an option on the l&k ,, now the one really good thing on the ix35 is the sound system and connectivity, I know I would miss this.

Is it worth me annoying my dealer again to add this option or do you think I should leave it and stick with the aux in and convert all my iTunes to mp3 and stick them on cards/disks ?

As you can see by my posts I've changed the colour of my yeti three times now, staying with magnetic brown now. This is a request for your thoughts.....

I've just noticed that the mdi is still an option on the l&k ,, now the one really good thing on the ix35 is the sound system and connectivity, I know I would miss this.

Is it worth me annoying my dealer again to add this option or do you think I should leave it and stick with the aux in and convert all my iTunes to mp3 and stick them on cards/disks ?

Sound system on Yeti is good too, particularly with 12 speaker upgrade (not sure if you've spec'd this yet).

My son has an MDI to connect his iPod in his Mini, wouldn't be without it and particularly useful as he listens to a number of weekly podcasts. An MDI will save you a lot of general hassle.

Go for it. Why spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar.

Whilst you're at it; are you getting DAB radio?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 4 Pro

I personally wouldn't be without MDI, just plug my iphone in as soon as I get in the car also maintains battery life on your device. So if like me you use your iPhone for music you don't end up with low battery at the end of a long run

How many changes do you think I can get away with ? The last change I made was met with a reply that I will lose the pre price change protection if I change again. Thoughts ?

How many changes do you think I can get away with ? The last change I made was met with a reply that I will lose the pre price change protection if I change again. Thoughts ?

Ask truthseeker! :giggle:

• Like 1

Dont look at it as a change. This time call it an ... addition! :giggle:

Potentially , only 11 weeks to go til I'm driving around in a shiny new yeti ,,,,,, first new car ever (at 40 yrs old !) , pretty excited tbh

What would you say is the best thing about owning a brand new car ?

Potentially , only 11 weeks to go til I'm driving around in a shiny new yeti ,,,,,, first new car ever (at 40 yrs old !) , pretty excited tbh

Maybe not exactly the best thing, but the most obvious thing you'll notice is that unmistakable new car smell.  Anyone old enough to remember Ziebart rustproofing?  Now that was a smell!

Apart from the smell, though, the best thing is knowing you're the first owner, that you've looked after it (if you're that way inclined), and that nobody else has maltreated it, had problems with it, and dumped it onto the secondhand market.

• Like 1

The smell I remember inside of my Dad's new cars in the 60's was much nicer than today's aroma.

I only bought my first spanker this year at 39, so nearly the same

Best thing was the handover and fuss they made 

Felt like a king for a day

Oh, and also the untouched unscratched perfectness of your new pride and joy ;)

As an aside, the FL Yeti is possibly my next Skoda

Love the new front end, the old one was what put me and SWMBO off... (Apologies in advance to all the die hard mk1 Yeti aficionados)

• Like 2

It's funny they changed the colour of Police cars from white to silver and black because of the poor re-sale value of white.... :happy:

White is the new Silver/Black.

It will stay popular for a good few years which can never be said for any shade of brown or green.

Just bought a really bright orange Brompton. Now that is a real colour!

• Like 1

Well, I have seen one or two black ones in the area, but most are still white, even the newer ones, not forgetting of course the white police Yeti here in East Cambs. (I think it's just an evaluation vehicle, but it's been around for several months now and seems to get a lot of use).

Edited by prodata

Maybe not exactly the best thing, but the most obvious thing you'll notice is that unmistakable new car smell.  Anyone old enough to remember Ziebart rustproofing?  Now that was a smell!

Yes on a Talbot Horizon - that was a long time ago.

Edited by idh2013

Photos and footage of the facelift Yeti "in the wild":

That City version just does not grow on me...  The body colour valance and total colour coded front and rear bumpers is just too much - on this white one anyway.

The rearview camera also seems pretty basic! The lines don't even curve with the angle of the steering wheel (at 7:48) as they do on most reversing cameras.

Jungle green looks GREAT.  Perfect for an SUV. Really suits the car as it is not overtly green. Love the LED rear lights too but don't like the silly silver mirror caps. Had I bought one they would be wrapped in gloss black on day one.  Silver roof rails on a silver roof also don't work.

Saw the dimple on the door handle around 15:18? Means the car has KESSY - which is confirmed at 15:50.

Seems Haldex 5 does NOT brake the wheel that's in the air as much as Haldex 4 did. I saw it attempt braking the raised wheel once (at 10:45) in this video but for most of the time the wheels in the air always had drive to them...  peculiar.

I think both versions look pretty nice in this video. Personally I think the city version looks neater, but I would prefer a colour like Metal grey or a metallic brown rather than white. I also wish they had left the side protection strip in black rather than having it painted in the body colour.

Outdoor looks great, especially in Jungle Green.  Can't see the attraction of the City version, all of the rugged edge that gives the Yeti some of its appeal has been lost.  If I go for one it would be an 'S' outdoor but whether it would be a 1.2TSI or 2.0 (110) TDI I have yet to decide.....

• Like 1