New Golf R

alex_e3

I never understand lease deals like that with such low mileage, unless it's for a weekend car, which is unlikely for a Golf R estate IMO

because its all down to the excess mileage charge.

Just because it's 5k mileage on the contract, it might be cheaper than a 10k deal overall. you need to do the maths on what suits you :)

But will never make up for the very steep depreciation with them,

but if you are buying a keeper then maybe worth it.

Or buy through DTD and still get dealer finance deals

• Like 1

Though I read in Autocar and or Piston Heads that they were doing a long term test review on the Golf R ,think that was over a month ago.

So where is it Autocar etc.1st LT review?

Thought PistonHeads were also doing some comparative testing as well.(e.g. M135i-Furbytom and others. )

Edited by vrskeith

Please don't take this the wrong way Keith but why on earth do you care what mags/journos think? You've made your choice and bought a car so why not just enjoy it rather than be constantly comparing to others?

There really is no need to be always linking every article in the various mags about the current crop of hot hatches onto this skoda forum. We are all Internet-savvy and can use google if we wish to do some research.

I'd much rather look on this thread and read about your personal owner experience of living with an R (inc mods, track days etc if so inclined!) rather than stuff from the motoring press.

Anyhow just my 2p for what it's worth!

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Please don't take this the wrong way Keith but why on earth do you care what mags/journos think? You've made your choice and bought a car so why not just enjoy it rather than be constantly comparing to others?

There really is no need to be always linking every article in the various mags about the current crop of hot hatches onto this skoda forum. We are all Internet-savvy and can use google if we wish to do some research.

I'd much rather look on this thread and read about your personal owner experience of living with an R (inc mods, track days etc if so inclined!) rather than stuff from the motoring press.

We have to be reminded that the Golf R is a very good car.  Makes owners feel better.  Better than lowly Skoda owners. ;)

Why be a tiny fish in a VW Golf R forum when you can be a big fish here Tom?

• Like 4

Indeed

(awaits the usual "if you're not interested, ignore it" response)

• Like 2

We have to be reminded that the Golf R is a very good car. Makes owners feel better. Better than lowly Skoda owners. ;)

Why be a tiny fish in a VW Golf R forum when you can be a big fish here Tom?

Boss,

Pot and kettle springs to mind!

Boss,

To be fair Boss does things in a proper manner, via project threads, which is what this should be

Instead this is no more than a free-rolling advert for Volkswagen, with repetitive references to videos, road tests etc for the Golf R (thank the Lord the constant secondhand price updates have ceased)

Now we can get back on topic

• Like 1

Agreed mate.

I like reading through yours and amandas (is it okay to say youre sharing? ;) haha) m135i thread because its different stuff every time, exhaust, meet pics.. Etc etc.

I rarely read this thread now because im bored of seein links, which i cant be bothered clicking on in the slightest.

• Like 1

Sorry OT again with 'an old Golf R', but not much seems to be happening with the New ones until the next facelift.

(& i like the Old ones looks, Twin Pipe in the Centre.)

I much prefer thr looks of the mk6 too

Twin pipes in the centre looks sooo much better

Boss,

Cant argue with that tbh!

Don't think you'll find me in the General Section which gets higher views going on and on and constantly bumping my non-Skoda content with reviews, comparisons and other stuff for a car I've already got. :)

If you've got it, who cares how it compares to a Scoob.

You already made your choice and we've already seen it's better than a Scoob because a Golf R - Scoob comparison video was already posted.

To be fair Boss does things in a proper manner, via project threads, which is what this should be

Instead this is no more than a free-rolling advert for Volkswagen, with repetitive references to videos, road tests etc for the Golf R (thank the Lord the constant secondhand price updates have ceased)

Indeed.

Not often you'll find me in the general section with a "look what I've just got" thread.

Indeed.

Not often you'll find me in the general section with a "look what I've just got" thread.

Richard you've got me feeling all guilty for the M135i thread I started last year being in this section now lol ;-)

• Like 2

Richard you've got me feeling all guilty for the M135i thread I started last year being in this section now lol ;-)

You don't bump it almost daily with repetitive crap to be fair Tom.

Enjoy How Fast on the 1st August. :)

• Like 1