New Golf R

alex_e3

Very commendable. You can subscribe to their digital edition instead then!

Car Magazine: Digital Edition

Cheat by all means - just don't expect the same level of content :)

Save up my pennies for next month :http://images.car.bauercdn.com/pagefiles/21274/golf_01.jpg

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/magazine-reviews/separated-at-birth-our-cars-vw-golf-r-car-december-2015/

Edited by vrskeith

http://www.evo.co.uk/mercedes/a45-amg

So it will be the Ford Focus RS joining the bunch in March 2016.

With the M2 following up 2016/17?

Will there be an uprated Golf R MK7 in 2016? Pushing the R400 back?

Edited by vrskeith

M2 - first UK cars are due April/May time with quite a small allocation per dealer, running through to the end of 2016. A good friend of mine has a deposit down, to replace a M135i.

• Like 2

Cheapest R Estate on VW used /demo site but the dealer finance package is rubbish.

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Golf-Estate/2.0-TSI-R-300ps-DSG-Estate/Leeds/4419949-605416423-66322.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Note!

Price is based on 84 days time availability and presumably the 3000miles is a forecast.

Edited by vrskeith

Wow, that is some finance package! Makes the £261/m i'm paying seem like a bargain (it's a lease so it's cheating really)

What is the basis of your finance package?

Which lease company did you use?

Freedom contracts. It's my first lease car and they were fantastic. The document fee/admin charge or whatever they call it was a bit excessive at £360 but you can't have everything I guess.

• Like 1

Is the 'Blue Motion Tech'  bit in the name correct,  Are they called that?

I take it that since Unregistered that one might be subject to a Co2 / VED correction before being Registered.

That is interesting George ,I noticed that. Might asked them tomorrow

Freedom contracts. It's my first lease car and they were fantastic. The document fee/admin charge or whatever they call it was a bit excessive at £360 but you can't have everything I guess.

They don't have any prices advertised, I'm not in a position to be looking seriously just yet but I'll keep them in mind if things change.

I take it that since Unregistered that one might be subject to a Co2 / VED correction before being Registered.

Is it not just referring to the start/stop option? I wouldn't describe the R as an advocate for "energy saving technologies".

This one says the same George ,in your neck of the woods.http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511148701587?postcode=sn119rn&price-from=27500&model=golf&price-to=40000&radius=1501&aggregatedTrim=R&page=1&body-type=estate&sort=default&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&make=volkswagen&logcode=p

They don't have any prices advertised, I'm not in a position to be looking seriously just yet but I'll keep them in mind if things change.

I don't think you'll be able to match the £260-ish monthly rental, on a 3+23 basis. There don't seem to be as many competitive leases on the R, as there once was.

• Like 1

Just looking at the interior shots of the estate, I have some sort of Golf people carrier ATM (R being back in for some issues) and the rear seat legroom is unbelievably huge in comparison!

The estate R does not get anymore leg room to the hatch just a bit more boot.

Just looking at the interior shots of the estate, I have some sort of Golf people carrier ATM (R being back in for some issues) and the rear seat legroom is unbelievably huge in comparison!

Yep, but still seats 3 adults in comfort, even on reasonably long journeys, in my experience.

Same floor pan as Hatch until C pillar, I believe.

Ben, hope you get you issues sorted soon.

You have a loan Golf SV (sport van)........I almost bought a GT spec one but the estate has more usable boot! It also appears huge (legroom) because you are sitting higher up e.g. dining chair instead of sprawled on low sofa so you require less room for your legs! I measured it & you just get the extra length in the wheelbase.

The SV has the same wheel base as the MK3 Octavia which is 2 inch longer than the Golf hatch.

The estate is basically the hatch with 1ft added after the rear axle................... :nerd:

& the extra roof length /aero/weight keeps the rear nailed down more..................

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 1

^^Agreed boot is a bit smaller but I have to stretch so far back to touch the front of the rear seat behind me compared to most other cars I sit in and being well over 6ft my arms are not short :)

Hoping they sort it too, looking to pay it all off after Christmas if they do, if they don't, not sure what tack to take :(

^^Agreed boot is a bit smaller but I have to stretch so far back to touch the front of the rear seat behind me compared to most other cars I sit in and being well over 6ft my arms are not short :)

Hoping they sort it too, looking to pay it all off after Christmas if they do, if they don't, not sure what tack to take :(

What problems you having with the R?