Superb Order tracker

Just company car drivers? Who in their right mind would now continue with an order for anything VAG with an AdBlue tank on board?

:thumbdown:

I am being conservative.....Did wonder if they need to rebrand as SAG given Skoda dominance of late but then I realised ironically it spelt GAS backwards  :D

• Like 1

Just company car drivers? Who in their right mind would now continue with an order for anything VAG with an AdBlue tank on board?

:thumbdown:

Did you end up cancelling your order Claymore ?

Claymore ordered a 150 I believe? Only the 190 has the AdBlue tank.

So does the 150 4x4

Oh yes, so it does. 

And that's what Claymore ordered:

Ordered Friday;

Superb L&K Estate 2.0 TDI 150 4x4, Moon White with Beige trim (couldn't envisage being able to live with the brown)

I've ordered the 190 in se l exec. I take it the vw cars affected are ones using adblue tank? Hopefully as gizmo says the news ones should be ok. My approx delivery date is Jan, standard with petrol blue and 19" Pegasus wheels. Manual too. Trading in my octy vrs blackline dsg. Quite happy to be going back to manual transmission.

Did you end up cancelling your order Claymore ?

Yes, cancelled (again) today and promised refund of my deposit from NCD who nevertheless expressed much displeasure with my thinking and decision and would still like me to believe that VAGs issues are unique to North America.

Now looking at Mitsubishi Overlander PHEV (plug in hybrid) but still the proud and pleased owner of a very fuel efficient and comfortable 2012 Superb Greenline Elegance with a derivative of engine type EA189 which is more than likely going to be the subject of some fannying around by VAG! 

Gaawd save us from the motor industry while I've still got some time left!!!!

From the research I've done so far, all new Diesel superbs are using EA288 engines which VW categorically state are not impacted.

So unless you are upset about the impact on residual value, or just in general with the situation, or don't believe that none of the EURO6 compliant diesel engines are doing the same....why cancel?

The husband of the cashier at my local petrol station works as a technician at the local VW garage. Today they had queues of people demanding emissions testing, and 3 new VWs that were delivered new for customers were rejected outright. Given they would also be EUR06 compliant and non-impacted, there could have been some bargains going!

If you read the California EPA docs, it mentions that the car injected more adblue during the test to reduce the emissions. But these were the older engines. I may easily have misunderstood but if new engines are not impacted, why worry?

I do think VW should be compensating folks for the reduction in resale value if this situation causes diesel cars to be less popular and harder to re-sell.

So very sorry to hear you have cancelled Claymore. For what it is worth I am awaiting an L&K 4x4 190 DSG Superb and it will have the Adblue. Since ordering I have been totally unimpressed with the dealer comms and lead-time (unconfirmed) but I am guessing it is due to the software or DSG shortages they will not say. However I have had a superb MkII and feel the car out weighs any bad they can do and I walk away remembering how I am treated for any future orders as I hate poor customer service. I am confident VAG will not put on the road any other affected cars now the genie is out the bottle and we will be the proud owner of the new MkIII whenever it arrives. Good luck with your new car search and please do keep us appraised of progress.

Totally agree reedfarmer, there should be no way any new car (being built) will be affected now that this scandal has hit. They will be greener than green so to speak. But I can understand any residual value being hit due to (potential) customer perception.

It's all complete overreaction IMHO !

Yep I agree, and cancelling an order whilst there is so much still unknown about the situation seems a knee jerk reaction. Too many if, what's and maybe's still.

• Like 2

You make my point very well Coops :notme:

Gambling £30,000 on unknowns, ifs, what's and maybe's holds very little appeal to me. 

Now I only have to consider the unknowns, ifs, what's and maybe's for the one on the drive....and as it only has 12500 miles on the clock maybe I don't need to be in such a hurry.

Simples.

I certainly feel a lot more relaxed today than I did yesterday morning.

The sun has got his hat on.....hip, hip, hip, hooray...

• Like 3

Ordered Superb 2.0 TSI 280 4x4 with L&K (quartz grey with beige ventilated interior) + nearly all possible extras (will pass TV tuner for 1100€) on September 10th. Still no confirmed date but unofficial date of delivery is middle of January 2016.

Not from UK but central Europe - Slovenia.

I hope that it will not stretch any further...

Edited by IgorDeLuxe

i had an order number so rang Skoda UK, was told week 43 too.

anybody rechecked their build date? or know what is the most reliable source for a build date?

I tweeted Skoda UK with my order number and was now told week 50 unconfirmed, meaning it'll be the new year before my car arrives!! Am quite tempted to cancel to be honest.