VCDS options on Superb III

12 hours ago, drewellis said:

Would anybody be able to advise on the issues I'm having with enabling HBA? Really want to get that working :sadsmile:

thanks

I see your after some help can I just remind you about this post 

I too requested your help. thanks

4 minutes ago, panmat said:

Apologies, I missed this. I've now replied :)

12 hours ago, drewellis said:

Would anybody be able to advise on the issues I'm having with enabling HBA? Really want to get that working :sadsmile:

thanks

Thanks for your help

Edited by panmat

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:49, Gizmo said:

Nice to meet you today Jerry.

I'd echo how helpful Gizmo was - we couldn't code the tailgate as mine must have been one the earliest J controllers, but the other mods were more that worth the trip - the audi throttle response is a huge improvement and worth the visit for that alone and the 'red' LED makes me smile.. and bit of feedback for Gizmo - the memory for the heated seats settings is also working for the seat cooling settings...

• Thanks 1

what is the difference between HEX+CAN, HEX-NET and HEX-V2 unlimited VIN versions?

Are they all capable of doing the same and allow the latest software to be downloaded, and if I bought a used one with unlimited VINS would I still have to obtain a new license at £X for Future downloads or help (I believe this is the case) which not makes a used one such a good buy all the time.

Am I correct the HEX-CAN is a older version.

Thanks  

Yes HEX+CAN is the older interface and has no VIN limitations, it is fine for the Superb but will not fully read new Audi A4 etc for that you need the HEX-V2 or HEX-NET, the latter can also be used wirelessly. Howevever the cheaper ones are limited to VINs.

A s/h HEX-NET will still work but you will get no support from Ross-Tech unless you buy a licence from them at 99 dollars. 

All updates are are free will all genuine interfaces and run the same software. 

On 29/03/2017 at 18:01, knfruitbat said:

So I found this on youtube, after finding the activate central console button closing the rear tailgate. Is it possible to code this with VCDS or VAG CAN on a new UK car, dealer says there are no plans to have Trailer Assist on the Superb any time soon.

Now I have got the new car, thought I would update on what I have in the car. I have the integrated towbar and rear view camera but yet to see if this is can actually give me full trailer assist. Pressing the trailer option just changes the camera angle.

597e4fe8608bd_2017-07-3022_16_32.thumb.jpg.48e93af53db6c5fc4a5251b3fec1ac04.jpg

597e5057336c0_2017-07-3022_12_54.thumb.jpg.76cc742ae18a5cdd33dc265e8b4bf1f9.jpg

11 hours ago, zei20t said:

do you know anyone who can activate this?

Yes, in Denmark :) PLA (ParkAssist) and RVC High (Rear Video Cam) is not coding, but harware.

I have all of those, but was told by the dealer before the car arrived that Trailer Assist wasn't available on the Superb (in the UK at least) for another year.

I haven't tried this, however this is from another forum:

STG 10 > Byte 00 > enable Bit 3
STG 17 > Byte 12 > enable Bit 5
STG 6C > Byte 10 > enable Bit 3
STG 5F > Adaption > …
> channel "Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_trailer_assistant_after_disclaimer" > set to "enabled"
> channel "Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_trailer_assistant_over_threshold_high" > set to "enabled"
> channel "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Trailer_Assistant_0x36" > set to "enabled"
> channel "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Trailer_Assistant_msg_bus_0x36" > set to "Klemme 15"

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 07:34, knfruitbat said:

Now I have got the new car, thought I would update on what I have in the car. I have the integrated towbar and rear view camera but yet to see if this is can actually give me full trailer assist. Pressing the trailer option just changes the camera angle.

597e4fe8608bd_2017-07-3022_16_32.thumb.jpg.48e93af53db6c5fc4a5251b3fec1ac04.jpg

597e5057336c0_2017-07-3022_12_54.thumb.jpg.76cc742ae18a5cdd33dc265e8b4bf1f9.jpg

you need to have the trailer attached for parking assist to work. once you are in reverse, hit the PLA button and see what happens.

If say you can't just turn it on as for the media command to work there would need to be an Wi-Fi link to the head unit. It may be built into the hu, or and not switched on or it might be an external add on that you may be able to retrofit. But it would depend on where the hardware is kept.

15 hours ago, JR RS said:

No they are not related, I have retrofitted Smartgate it is not about it. It is a software based Columbus head unit feature which I hope can be enabled  through some coding. I hope someone can post a list of adaptations list so we can explore the differences. 

Edited by rumiexile

picking my new Superb  se-l  up on 1st September, is there anyone in Tyne & Wear area that can do VCDS for High Beam Assist, Lane Assistant boot closing from inside the car. Thanks

I'm also looking for someone in the Chester/North West area to make a few tweaks.  

The slight short coming of Gismo's very kind map is that a lot of the users seem to have stopped visiting for a few years and don't necessarily have any experience of the vehicle or tweaks in question.

I assume zei20t has worked out by now that the icon/button for the rear view camera and trailer is not trailer assist. It's a mode helping you reverse up to a trailer to hitch it up to the car. It's not what you get in say VW.

You'd hope the MQB platform meant it was possible but VW always keeps some technology for itself. Look at the active info display which is not yet available in Skoda or SEAT cars.

4 hours ago, rtj70 said:

I assume zei20t has worked out by now that the icon/button for the rear view camera and trailer is not trailer assist. It's a mode helping you reverse up to a trailer to hitch it up to the car. It's not what you get in say VW.

You'd hope the MQB platform meant it was possible but VW always keeps some technology for itself. Look at the active info display which is not yet available in Skoda or SEAT cars.

Trailer assist can be coded on Seat Ateca. And it works.