VCDS options on Superb III

2 hours ago, djduese said:

If you want to open sunroof completely by comfort open you have to set SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen to open and in controller CA "Ziellage bei Komfortöffnen" to "Schiebelage"

Thanks! I will try that. I actually want it to completely open so te hot air gets out before i get in. 

On 27/03/2019 at 21:31, newbie69 said:

Update on 3 changes I tried today on a MY19:

1) Battery charge status >>> Not working on the Superb (I updated the post).

2) Turn off Driving mode button LED when in anything other than Normal >>> Works as described but asks for security code, 31347 worked.

3) Enabling Ingess/Egress >>> Works as described 

1) Bad news

2 & 3) Good news!

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Have you PM Gizmo so that he can update his "tried & tested VCDS modifications" post? ;) 

3 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

1) Bad news

2 & 3) Good news!

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Have you PM Gizmo so that he can update his "tried & tested VCDS modifications" post? ;) 

I had tagged him directly in the Ingress/Egress thread where the instructions I followed came from so I wasn't even the first one to confirm it's working, but it hasn't been added.

Besides, the "Tried and Tested" thread has remained un-updated since almost 2 years now despite several mods reported as working in various threads. Maybe he doesn't have the time or interest to keep it updated any more?

In any case it would be good to continue keeping everything in one place, maybe a new unlocked thread where people could report exactly what they did and on what car is the way to go.

Hi all,

2 additional modifications, that I've recently done:

Enable Tear wiping for front wind shield wipers:

09 Cent. Elect. > Security access - 16 : 31347 > Adaptation 10 :

Select Channel 6B - "Front Wiper - Traenenwischen Front Status" 

Set new value to "Active" Save.

Then:

09 Cent. Elect. > 07 Coding

Select "1--3V1 995119-48x LL 70726" in menu

Click on "Long coding helper"

Byte 0 / Tick Bit 3 "Adaptative Post/Tear Wiping Active"

Byte 2 / Tick Bit 5 "Post/Tear Wiping Active"

Enable Tear wiping for rear window wiper:

Select Channel 8B - "Rear Window Wiper - Traenenwischen Heck" 

Then:

Curiously it may not work if you're parked. Just test both modifications when driving.

I did not fully understood why, but for me, it seems that both modification where really active only on the next day... :wait: 

29 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Hi all,

2 additional modifications, that I've recently done:

Enable Tear wiping for front wind shield wipers:

Select Channel 6B - "Front Wiper - Traenenwischen Front Status" 

Then:

Enable Tear wiping for rear window wiper:

Select Channel 8B - "Rear Window Wiper - Traenenwischen Heck" 

Then:

Curiously it may not work if you're parked. Just test both modifications when driving.

I did not fully understood why, but for me, it seems that both modification where really active only on the next day... :wait: 

What does this do?

Just now, Bap33 said:

It triggers automatically your wiper(s) few seconds (~10?) after you've used your screen washer. This removes remaining tears.

Sounds cool. Thanks for quick answer. Interesting this is not enabled by default or as option in media system

The most curious is that it exists for years on some other models from VAG group. I had this on an Audi A3 MY 2003!

I had to add this option on my ex Superb Mk2 (MY 2012) too :dull:... But this was much easier :D!

Edited by Bap33

13 hours ago, djduese said:

If you want to open sunroof completely by comfort open you have to set SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen to open and in controller CA "Ziellage bei Komfortöffnen" to "Schiebelage"

Thanks a lot.

Edited by rrozbroj

On 28/03/2019 at 23:42, Bap33 said:

It triggers automatically your wiper(s) few seconds (~10?) after you've used your screen washer. This removes remaining tears.

It can also wipe an otherwise clean and dry screen which can cause streaks 

On 28/03/2019 at 23:49, Bap33 said:

The most curious is that it exists for years on some other models from VAG group. I had this on an Audi A3 MY 2003!

I had to add this option on my ex Superb Mk2 (MY 2012) too :dull:... But this was much easier :D!

this is why many people used to disable it.

If you can provide screenshots of the VCDS coding I will add it to the “VCDS adaptations - tried and tested”  thread    

On 28/03/2019 at 23:06, newbie69 said:

I had tagged him directly in the Ingress/Egress thread where the instructions I followed came from so I wasn't even the first one to confirm it's working, but it hasn't been added.

Besides, the "Tried and Tested" thread has remained un-updated since almost 2 years now despite several mods reported as working in various threads. Maybe he doesn't have the time or interest to keep it updated any more?

In any case it would be good to continue keeping everything in one place, maybe a new unlocked thread where people could report exactly what they did and on what car is the way to go.

Time is the main issue here, I get requests to add info to the “Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested” thread, but unfortunately they rarely include screenshots, even when requested again.

(screenshots are useful as coding and adaptations sometimes change locations or the description changes slightly, depending on the controller part No. / software updates.)

The reason it is a locked thread is to keep all the changes in one place and to stop the thread getting too long with requests and general chatter, as most members will not scroll through 60+ pages looking for the coding they want.

If after a couple of weeks I have not replied to a post you have tagged me in or a PM, then providing you have supplied all the info / screenshots etc then feel free to give me a nudge by PM. 

I do not intentionally ignore requests but I do get many requests via PM (and other forums / FB, etc) for coding and once I reply an awful lot of people do not have the decency to reply with a simple thanks :o... this is also why a number of very experienced and knowledgeable VCDS / VCP owners have stopped offering their services, some of them also no longer visit the forum, which IMO is a great loss to the community.

(It’s always a few that spoil it for the rest)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Time is the main issue here, I get requests to add info to the “Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested” thread, but unfortunately they rarely include screenshots, even when requested again.

(screenshots are useful as coding and adaptations sometimes change locations or the description changes slightly, depending on the controller part No. / software updates.)

The reason it is a locked thread is to keep all the changes in one place and to stop the thread getting too long with requests and general chatter, as most members will not scroll through 60+ pages looking for the coding they want.

If after a couple of weeks I have not replied to a post you have tagged me in or a PM, then providing you have supplied all the info / screenshots etc then feel free to give me a nudge by PM. 

I do not intentionally ignore requests but I do get many requests via PM (and other forums / FB, etc) for coding and once I reply an awful lot of people do not have the decency to reply with a simple thanks :o... this is also why a number of very experienced and knowledgeable VCDS / VCP owners have stopped offering their services, some of them also no longer visit the forum, which IMO is a great loss to the community.

(It’s always a few that spoil it for the rest)

Of-course I get all that and it's exactly why I wouldn't bug you more for adding that coding apart from the first tagging. It goes without saying (or explaining) that the time of all of us is precious and what we do here is on a voluntary basis anyway.

I just thought that without any updates for 2 years and despite you frequenting the forum, there would probably be other reasons of the "Tried & tested" inactivity which I would be fine with whichever those would be.

I say that because apart from the Easy Entry, there's several other threads/posts containing information about successful adaptations that I've randomly come across (and some of them did myself) that still haven't made it to the "Tried and tested" list. I have a small list that I could PM you if interested.

Yes please feel free to PM them over, but VCDS screenshots are really beneficial for the reasons above.

There are a few others that I am aware of too, but they do not really enhance the car IMO so I have not added them. 

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

^^^^

Worth noting the above videos would be an MOT failure in the UK (it may be different in Estonia?)

I quite like the last one though so just need to make sure the car goes before it's 3 years old! Has that info been posted previously?

Would love more info on this one in particular:

But somehow I had the impression the "pulsating" tone is only possible with newer types of LED lights (Like the ones on the upcoming facelift).

PS. I am not in the UK  but why would the above be illegal? Isn't it identical to how some other cars come from factory?

5 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

But somehow I had the impression the "pulsating" tone is only possible with newer types of LED lights (Like the ones on the upcoming facelift).

PS. I am not in the UK  but why would the above be illegal? Isn't it identical to how some other cars come from factory?

Not one car has such pulsation from factory at least in EU. There is a major difference between white light pulsating or just dimming which is legal in EU.

Edited by mtl

1 minute ago, mtl said:

Not one car has such pulsation from factory at least in EU. There is a mayjor difference with white light pulsating or just dimming which is legal in EU.

So, what I see in the video above is a special Russia-spec car / not possible on EU cars?

Or I have misunderstood your post?

Just now, newbie69 said:

So, what I see in the video above is a special Russia-spec car / not possible on EU cars?

Or I have misunderstood your post?

Yes, you have misunderstood my post. Read it again and you will understand it.

Just now, mtl said:

Yes, you have misunderstood my post. Read it again and you will understand it.

Lol, ok on my second try I think that you could have also meant that:

In EU, the pulsation can only be legal on the orange/yellow lights, not on the white ones as in this mod, did I do better now?

So in that case it means that technically (not legally) it's possible to code it like this on our cars already?

3 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Lol, ok on my second try I think that you could have also meant that:

In EU, the pulsation can only be legal on the orange/yellow lights, not on the white ones as in this mod, did I do better now?

So in that case it means that technically (not legally) it's possible to code it like this on our cars already?

Now, you are correct on both statements.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1