VCDS options on Superb III

I've also done the Audi mod, can't feel much difference, if any.

I feel I have to almost stamp the pedal to make it go sometimes

35 minutes ago, g_tee said:

I've also done the Audi mod, can't feel much difference, if any.

I feel I have to almost stamp the pedal to make it go sometimes

Even in sport mode on the transmission? I usually put it in sport when I'm travelling at low speeds or at a junction wanting to pull out. It's far too slow to respond to throttle input in drive for me. I did the Audi mod a long time ago, but didn't notice any difference at all. I have the 220 petrol. Sport mode is good enough for me most of the time. Also no issue in manual mode. 

Honestly, I haven't really tried S much in this car. I've only had it a fortnight. I used to use S all the time in my previous car though (Scirocco).

I have used it once or twice and there was a fair difference. I haven't really sat down and messed with the modes too much either - will investigate tomorrow.

Yep, just get a 'PedalBox', though don't pay hundreds and hundreds for it, some are ridiculously overpriced and all do the same thing. Mine is set to the lowest settings: 1 of 5 and that is plenty!

I didn't notice a thing when doing the Audi pedal mod.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, plantpowered said:

I have the 220 petrol. Sport mode is good enough for me most of the time.

+1

it's good for sharp going from standstill, slow moving in traffic jam and braking by engine,

but uncomfortable after second gear, cause third is kept too long

haven't tested pedal box, but wouldn't like jerking car all the time -
pushing back DSG stick can quicly change between `D` and `S`

15 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

+1

it's good for sharp going from standstill, slow moving in traffic jam and braking by engine,

but uncomfortable after second gear, cause third is kept too long

haven't tested pedal box, but wouldn't like jerking car all the time -
pushing back DSG stick can quicly change between `D` and `S`

Nothing truly beats manual mode - I agree that often it holds 3rd for a bit too long in sport; it's good for country roads, but I often wish it would change up to 4th sooner. It's a shame it doesn't use the sat nav to intelligently predict which gear it needs. I often set the cruise control in sport mode (especially on motorways/a-roads), which lets the car drop into a higher gear, but still gives the best throttle response if you need to accelerate. 

If I recall correctly, setting the speed limiter has a similar effect (car will go into a higher gear sooner, as it knows you're not going to need loads of acceleration).

16 hours ago, plantpowered said:

Even in sport mode on the transmission? I usually put it in sport when I'm travelling at low speeds or at a junction wanting to pull out. It's far too slow to respond to throttle input in drive for me. I did the Audi mod a long time ago, but didn't notice any difference at all. I have the 220 petrol. Sport mode is good enough for me most of the time. Also no issue in manual mode. 

OK - deliberately went out for a drive today - Sport/Drive throttle response is night and day. I'm not that bothered I'd spend on a pedal box, but I was able to change the throttle response on VCDS so now it is the same in D as it is in S and that's fine by me.

Now, a remap however......

8 minutes ago, g_tee said:

OK - deliberately went out for a drive today - Sport/Drive throttle response is night and day. I'm not that bothered I'd spend on a pedal box, but I was able to change the throttle response on VCDS so now it is the same in D as it is in S and that's fine by me.

Now, a remap however......

@g_tee How did you change the throttle response? Does it also hold onto the lower gears for longer while you're accelerating, as it does in sport mode, or does it retain the gearing of Drive with the throttle response of Sport?

8 minutes ago, g_tee said:

but I was able to change the throttle response on VCDS so now it is the same in D as it is in S and that's fine by me.

Have these details been previously posted? Would you care to share if not.

+1

Thanks @g_tee, I'm going to try this.

I like the throttle response in Sport mode, but I don't like the tall gearing, hence I flick the transmission to Manual.

If this code change brings the same Sport mode throttle response to the Drive mode, without the tall gears, then this is brilliant!!

Will make the code changes tonight n see. 🙂

• Like 3

@g_tee Not sure to catch you properly. What brings "way better" throttle response?

Only modification to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value' / Only modification to 'Audi Mode' / Both simultaneously set?

Thanks... ;) 

Way better - not having to almost push the thing down to the floor to get the car to move quickly. There is more response with less input to the throttle pedal, and there is definitely linear input to it. If that describes it better. Imagine driving in S but without redlining every gear - that's it

Right now I only have "Direct: controlled" and no Audi mod at all. I'm still dubious that Audi mod does anything? However, still costs me nothing to try it with Audi mode too. When I get a chance I'll code that back in and report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so made the change via vcds last night, and drove it this morning.

While its not quite "sports mode" like throttle response, Drive mode throttle is much much better, with noticeably less laziness.

thanks for the share @g_tee :)

p.s. i don't have the Audi mode.

On 02/03/2020 at 23:05, g_tee said:

I retain the gearing of Drive, but throttle response of Sport.

VCDS: -

44 module (steering assist)

Security access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

Note, I tried the "Audi mod" but that didn't make a blind bit of difference. However, ^^^ is way better.

So do you have both tweaks working side by side then?

I have the Audi Mod, but would be looking to add the above tweak aswell...

6 hours ago, ope126 said:

So do you have both tweaks working side by side then?

I have the Audi Mod, but would be looking to add the above tweak aswell...

No, right now I only have the throttle modification. I had the Audi tweak originally but took it back off. I need to go back and code it again and see if there is any further difference.

• Like 1

I've now applied both mods to my car and I'm happy with the results.  It hasn't totally cured the lag, but it's no longer dangerous and drives much more like other automatics I've tried, which is what I wanted.  I don't know how much was due to the Audi mod and how much the throttle profile.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 07:45, MrMoonWhite said:

I have done this mod, on mine, but still have the ACC. The throttle response is still ****, and this ruins the whole car for me!

I would recommend a Racechip XLR.  I've tried the Audi mod on 3 cars makes no difference at all IME. 

17 hours ago, cjs94 said:

I've now applied both mods to my car and I'm happy with the results.  It hasn't totally cured the lag, but it's no longer dangerous and drives much more like other automatics I've tried, which is what I wanted.  I don't know how much was due to the Audi mod and how much the throttle profile.

I too now have both and as above the results are ok.

Certainly worth a try.

From my perspective, I have had the AUDI mod for the last 2yrs or so...

Not night and day, but both together certainly do make a noticeable difference...

• Thanks 2