I don't need winter tyres because I am so awesome thread

FUBAR

What about the cost to the economy when all those 'I'm a great driver, I got skillzzz' types end up stuck at the side of the road and getting dragged out by the AA/ RAC/ Green Flag/ Police/ Dave in his 2CV with skinny tyres (you know, cos they're so awesome)

How much does that cost? Can we start an argument about them? This is the argument clinic isn't it? Can I have five minutes please?

No you can't

This is the argument clinic isn't it? Can I have five minutes please?

Not it isn't, you cannot.

(I resisted from saying "you can't" in case you thought I was casting doubts about your character  :D )

Edited by P6bJOHN
  • Like 1

People will have totally different views depending on where abouts in the UK they live, what time of day they drive, how many miles they drive and whether they have a job where they must get in even in the worst weather.

An IT job in the south working 9-5 a few miles from home will have a totally different view than an Engineer in the power industry in the Peak District working 30 miles from home getting up to drive at 5am.

But then there are still those who will drive across the snake pass in their BMW/Merc etc sports cars/Saloons in the snow on summer tyres and expect the Recovery Services to come to their aid when they get stuck or slide off the road causing everyone else to be delayed for hours. *******!

Lee

• Like 4

Winter tyres trumps awesome every time. Just get winters and you'll automatically be all you need to be.

But I am awesome already, so the excess of awesomeness might make me explode..........in an awesome kind of way of course

Im allowed to indicate.

I drive a Skoda and a VW.

Its them beemers that dont indicate ;) ahaha

Funnily enough I've just been followed home by a BMW using the 3 inch rule. No indicators either. Mind you that's standard out here whatever car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Funnily enough I've just been followed home by a BMW using the 3 inch rule. No indicators either. Mind you that's standard out here whatever car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know yeah haha.

I joke about it, but when i eventually have a new car.. Itll probably be a BMW tbh. But the fabia will be run for as long as possible.

No they dont go in the snow, but feck it, im not arsed. Nore does the bike but i still love it lol.

Just taken my winters out of their tyre tree & fitted them to the Golf...............

3.5C this morning, 1.5C two days ago...............not seen any gritters about, but that's because the local council (Muppet factory) has a £46million black hole & has decide to reduce it's fleet of gritters & staff........so no early morning gritting then...........

As for certain BMW drivers feeling "awesome" ..............don't they own a Suzuki Vitara for snow & don't use the BMW!............... ;)

It's an option I have not found in the BMW catalogue............... :D

• Like 2

Just taken my winters out of their tyre tree & fitted them to the Golf...............

3.5C this morning, 1.5C two days ago...............not seen any gritters about, but that's because the local council (Muppet factory) has a £46million black hole & has decide to reduce it's fleet of gritters & staff........so no early morning gritting then...........

As for certain BMW drivers feeling "awesome" ..............don't they own a Suzuki Vitara for snow & don't use the BMW!............... ;)

It's an option I have not found in the BMW catalogue............... :D

Why are you wanting gritters out at that temp? Drives me mental seeing them out when the weather doesn't justify it, then in february when it's needed they're nowhere cos they've blown their budget. Sounds like your council have the right idea.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• Like 1