What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

4 minutes ago, kidology said:

Yes i have a dooka like mitt one dunk in the water and its full. Its a cracking wash pad, cost quite a bit but worth the money so no complaints. Some good stuff and bad in the far east but if they last

a month or so that is good value. And as you say use them for the wheels, i like the way they feel on the hand have like stitched part inside.

They are a good fit on a medium/large hand.

In fact when i started buying them - they were 99p, a real bargain last year!!!

I bought a load (as i do when i find a bargain), and have converted a good few detailing friends to using them.

As you say - even those who dont want to spend on a Dooka or Adam's wash pad.... they are fine for the paint work too.

Yes the review i saw said they were only a pound. They are all prices up to £4.00 uk, but if your in no hurry £1.30 is still good value for money.

I imagine when you detail vehicles, you are always on the look out for different items to try out. Only down side is volume of product held i imagine.

• Like 1

Ordered some AutoFinesse Radiance Carnauba Soft wax and Crystal glass cleaner direct from AF yesterday. Arrive this afternoon whilst I`m at work. 

• Like 2

I have just ordered in some Gyeon CanCoat after seeing positive comments here, in preparation for the Kodiaq when she arrives.

First wash plan is Iron-X, Valet Pro snowfoam, 2BM with AG shampoo. Would I be best applying something like Fusso 99 or BH Speedwax (my two favourite currently owned waxes) first, or straight on with the Cancoat ?

Also bought some Gtechniq C5 for the wheels and applied (already have them), am I best leaving that or should I wax over it ?

• Like 2

A few items due today from the Autobrite Easter sale.

Trying out the new foam lance bottle and filter attachment.

Plus some AD Leather cleanse - such great smelling product if you like your full leather interiors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samuir1974 said:

A few items due today from the Autobrite Easter sale.

Trying out the new foam lance bottle and filter attachment.

Plus some AD Leather cleanse - such great smelling product if you like your full leather interiors.

AD Leather Cleanse is a beauty.. I'm cleaning my leather in the vRS every week for no reason just cause I love the smell of it LOL! A little Goes along way though which is a huge bonus! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

I was on the lookout for a good leather cleaner, now ordered, thanks guys :cool:

I'm sure you'll be quite impressed. If you come across any stubborn dirt, agitate with a soft leather cleaning brush. 

The fresh leather scent in leaves behind is lovely! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Mr Grump said:

After seeing some posts from @Svend I ordered some Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss, Hopefully will make drying and topping up the wax easier :cool:

Hi fella. 

The Adam's is a good product. 

It works on all surfaces which is great. You can wash the car, then while still wet, take a damp cloth and a couple of squirts either to the car or to the cloth, wipe over a section of paintwork, glass or plastic and then buff with a dry cloth. 

• Like 2

I ordered some Angelwax fast snow foam. Not impressed to be honest. Not very foamy, and not as good as ValetPro snow foam.

9 minutes ago, Sippo said:

I ordered some Angelwax fast snow foam. Not impressed to be honest. Not very foamy, and not as good as ValetPro snow foam.

Give CYC snow foam a punt next.  I think it's much thicker and dwells for longer than VP and my previous favourite, Ultimate Finish snow foam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave the car a good clean, polish and wax the other week using a G3 clay mitt for the first time and was impressed with the ease and results. Not so impressed with the Chemical Guys HEX machine pads which disintegrating too easily. I have ordered some generic ones from Amazon and waiting on delivery from wherever they are coming from. If they're rubbish I'll try the Lake Country pads but will be avoiding the CG ones from now on.

Another first is using the G3 Detailer Spray as a quick clean product to get rid of the little bit of dirt that had landed on the car but didn't really warrant the bucket and sponge treatment. Surprising how little is required and the finish is very good too. I had only bought the spray to use with the clay mitt but ended up using soapy water instead. I think it will become a regular in the cleaning kit bag.

• Like 1

Recent buys (that i'm impressed with)

Poor boys wheel sealant - went on and buffed off very easy, still protecting my wheels 3+ weeks in

Bilt hamber Korrosol - probably the best product I've every used, especially for wheels, spray on leave it for 5 minutes and wash off brought my wheels back to looking like new - also being acid free PH natural ok to use on paint / body work so gave that a good decontamination before claying 10/10

Bilt hamber Clays soft and medium - easily the best on the market and at 200g bars probably the best value too.

Meguiars gold class shampoo - very good felt silky and made a good foam / suds which seemed to stick to the car well best shampoo I've used.

Angelwax heaven for leather - smells great, rich leather / saddler oil and seems to clean well, however if you want to make your leather soft too I would recommend a leather cream as well as this.

G3 range - clay mitt, super resin wax and paint colour correction - clay mitt I've used on previous cars, works very well and the mitt makes it very easy to use and holds water / soap to keep it smooth on your paint - I now use it for my wheels, colour restore polish - probably the only polish when you can see it working lifting and brightening up the paint as you work it in, highly recommended! super resin wax  goes on easy...not so easy to buff off and requires some work if doing it by hand but leads to good lasting protection 4 weeks + of good beading.

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0862.JPG

DSC_0866.JPG

DSC_0868.JPG

_20170530_105651.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went a little mad (for me) on UF

- Thought i'd try out a pre-wash to try and get rid of the nasty bug splats before snow foaming.

- Was impressed with UF's snow foam that I got a free trial of, ordered 5L to last :-)

- Running low on my old faithful AG shampoo so thought i'd try out Dodo juice as it gets good reviews and may be better suited for my sperradict washes when time allows!

- Never bothered with tyre gel, but I thought i'd get an applicator and Gtechniq T1 gel

- New foam applicators to help give the 320 a quick going over with Poor Boys black hole...

Roll on Saturday! B)

IMG_4666.JPG

• Like 2

WHEEL WOOLIES - 3 PIECE WHEEL CLEANING KIT and

GTECHNIQ C2V3 LIQUID CRYSTAL 500ML - trying to stop the drops sitting and evaporating leaving dust circles.

Got to keep her pretty see:

IMG_20170622_125439.jpg

IMG_20170622_125504.jpg

• Like 2