Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

Isnt the mkIII octavia MY16 2.0 tdi euro6?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm sure the engine code is EA288 for the VRS, brochure does state it is Euro 6 but can that be trusted? Edited by Tim1631
  • Like 1

Its the Adblue which makes them Euro6 compliant without cheating

I seem to recall reading that the AdBlue usage was increased (used as a masking agent) during the detected test procedure and if real world emmissions on such vehicles were to satisfy authorities, consumption of 'wee' would soar.

AdBlue tank capacity would also obviously .

I'm sure the engine code is EA288 for the VRS, brochure does state it is Euro 6 but can that be trusted?

I was told that between MY15 and MY16 it changed to EUR6. not that it makes a jot of difference to me just curious.

Not my engine. I don't feel special anymore...

The range of affected engines is definitely much wider. Yesterday, before the "1,2 million announcement", we published this list (scroll down the page):

http://www.autoforum.cz/zivot-ridice/tohle-jsou-vsechny-skody-s-tdi-co-hraji-dvoji-hru-je-jich-vazne-pozehnane/

It is still unnoficial but done with one of the Skoda engineers. And if there are no affected EA288 or EA188 engines, it should be complete or almost complete.

• Like 3

Thanks Petr. :clap:

For those that didn't click his link, you may want to; it contains engine code lists of EA189 family engines fitted to Skodas, for each model.

Unofficial, but better than any other info I've seen relevant to Skoda owners to-date.

I figured this whole thing out on my way home frrom work! VAG im submitting the patent paerwork tomorrow, and this is date stamped, so no stealing.

1. Re plumb the exhaust system in through the centres of the axles and throight the wheel hubs.

2. Wheels to be replaced with hollow centred alloys.

3. Each car to be fitted with a small vacuum pump and gas cylinder.

4. As you drive the emmissions are piped into the tyres. As we know, nitrogen doesnt leak out of tyres, so the co,co2, particulate etc will leave the tyre. The nox will be broken down as the oxygen escapes.

5. When yiu reach your destination the simply connect the vac pump to your tyes and it bleed them back to very low pressure. This will be reinflated quite quickly while the engine warms up -higher emission rate.

6. Once the gas cylinder reaches capacity simply remoe and replace - vw can have drop off exchanges in dealerships/fuel station forecourts. With nitrogen being passed on as recovered gas for industrial purposes.

Job done, i will accept cash or EFT - no cheques as they are too bouncy...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

It is still unnoficial but done with one of the Skoda engineers. And if there are no affected EA288 or EA188 engines, it should be complete or almost complete.

hm... nice... read it:

"Volkswagen has also stated that 11 million vehicles sold worldwide are affected in addition to the 480,000 vehicles with 2.0 L TDI engines sold in the US.[89] According to Volkswagen, vehicles sold in other countries with the 1.6 L and 2.0 L 4-cylinder TDI engine known as Type EA189 are also affected. This software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder.[90]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_testing_scandal

"This statement also says that VW AG set aside 6.5 Billion Eur or $7.3 Billion to address the problem resulting from this scandal.

The EA189 TDI is the 2.0L four-cylinder engine which include the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology. This software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder."

http://www.tflcar.com/2015/09/vw-tdi-dieselgate-scandal-affects-11-million-cars-vw-ceo-to-step-down-news/

nice... :|

engines:

CAYB (EA189) including GreenLine

CUSB (EA288)

CAYC (EA189)

CRKB (EA288)

Skoda Rapid engines:

4c35065c9d9348ffmed.jpg

Edited by 67igor1

Now has got to be the moment to buy an EA189 engine car..

Great cars. Confusion & panic stirred up by the press. I'm sure the opposition don't just emit Chanel or Rose Water.

Dealers will give top discount until the headless chickens get bored & move onto the next scandal 'Cars only get quoted MPG when driven by 7st driver wearing slippers shocker'

If there is a car tax penalty you can guarantee that VW group will more than make up for any owners losses.

EG if my RFL multiples 10X (still less than wife's SAAB petrol!) they are bound to compensate for this & future expense.

Happy days

I bet VW engineers are all over the oppositions software at the moment trying to figure out how they bend the rules F1 style!

Apparently VW (and other VAG brands) Netherlands have joined Belgium, Switzerland and USA in halting sales of VW diesels to prevent the number of potential government and individual law suits and penalties.

http://www.fox23.com/ap/ap/top-news/the-latest-environmental-group-warns-on-gasoline-c/nnptF/

Only a matter of time before UK joins the lengthening list?  Probably depends if SUK is a wholly owned subsidiary or separately quoted company.

Apparently VW (and other VAG brands) Netherlands have joined Belgium, Switzerland and USA in halting sales of VW diesels to prevent the number of potential government and individual law suits and penalties.

Misleading statement:

As with Switzerland they have halted the sales of VW diesel engines that might be affected by the 'cheat software' Not the same as halting the sales of VW diesels.

• Like 1

...this software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder...

That claim seems to have started in that TFLcar article, unattributed.

I've seen it re-quoted many times from there, but does anyone know whether it was anyone but TFLcar doing the 'saying'?

Misleading statement:

As with Switzerland they have halted the sales of VW diesel engines that might be affected by the 'cheat software' Not the same as halting the sales of VW diesels.

Point taken it only applied to the 3 and 4 cylinder diesels of the last 6 years and not 3/4 cylinder ones older than that or the V6, V8, V10 diesel but I would have thought, even for the relatively wealthy Swiss, that represent most of the imported sales of VW diesels.

It will be interesting to see the Glass's Guide values out in a few days time as it is not so much the possible increase in VED but the loss in value due to the scandal I think owners and dealers here and across Europe, RoW will chase VAG for.     

That claim seems to have started in that TFLcar article, unattributed.

I've seen it re-quoted many times from there, but does anyone know whether it was anyone but TFLcar doing the 'saying'?

Ohh, TFL, The Fast Lane, I was thinking Transport for London and their cars, buses etc... 

https://www.blue-solutions.com/en/applications/mobilite/vehicules-electriques/presentation/

01_V2BIS.jpg

The important bit might be,

are there many or any Euro 5 Compliant 1.2, 1.6, 2.0 Diesel Engined vehicles sitting Unregistered & Unsold in the UK?

In my work on the customs warehouse dotted around the coast, and mainly dealing with non-EU imports of course, there certainly where a few thousand VAG cars at Immingham and I think there were some down south too where the boats docked over from Germany, often carrying a couple of thousand cars at a time but it looked like there were generally moved within a few days or weeks.  Not like some of the other sites like Portbury where I think they had about 40,000 cars in bond/transit but they were mainly Japanese or Spanish (Ford, GM and others etc) makes I think.   I would not be surprised if there were well over 100K cars in stock in the UK port holding areas but only a few thousand VAG one and up until now they would not be there for very long.  Would not be surprised if the unwanted diesels now go back to Germany, CZ etc for refit of SCR.  Not many places you can reroute Right Hand Drive cars too.

In addition to these my local VAG dealer said they were being forced to Pre-register lots of Euro5 machines to beat the Euro6 only law.