Seat memory not working

@JR RS

THANKS!

have to forget about that retrofit, all the numbers are different 😞

Right Seat actuator (without memery)
	D3593.01 988582-105 S	969034 5046A0955	22.01.16

Right Seat actuator (with memery)
	D3978.00 C84240-100	910745 3097A2326	13.01.17

Jeez, do i feel like an idiot!!  My problem was user error.  I looked at the instructions, read that you have to press "Set" and within 10 seconds press the number you want to store that setting under.  What i was actually doing is pressing and holding "Set" and then pressing the number!!  If there is someone equally as foolish as me (which is unlikely) dont do what I did.  The actual way to save is to press and release the "Set" button and then press the number!!  Simples!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've recently had the same problem - memory seat no longer working.

I tried the things in this thread but it didn't work.  Then I followed the link posted earlier in the thread here https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=143211

With ignition on, I slid the seat all the way forward, then tilted the BASE of the seat all the way forward, and I then got the two bongs to confirm the reset.   Now it all works perfectly and I can store seat positions in memory again.

Thanks for all the help and tips, hopefully this will help someone who has the same issue.

• 1 month later...

Mine has just stopped its memory function and I've tried all the suggestions on this thread and on the tdiclub thread to no avail. Car has only done 6000 miles and methinks a trip to the dealer before the warranty expires 😞

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2020 at 19:58, Bobby5930 said:

Jeez, do i feel like an idiot!!  My problem was user error.  I looked at the instructions, read that you have to press "Set" and within 10 seconds press the number you want to store that setting under.  What i was actually doing is pressing and holding "Set" and then pressing the number!!  If there is someone equally as foolish as me (which is unlikely) dont do what I did.  The actual way to save is to press and release the "Set" button and then press the number!!  Simples!

Me too! I've tried holding "Set" then 1, 2 and 3, holding for absolutely ages, tried the reset/turn on dance with the seat and nothing! Saw this comment and bam! Took less than a second and now it's remembered my settings 😂

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
At mine don't work at firs because there was an important step to do after all previous steps. Remember to adjust also lumbar support button. Only after that it works at my seat. So after move seat in forward position on all directions don't forget to move also lumbar button to hear those magical beeps. 

I forgot to tell you that my dealer ask for a minimum payment of 140 euro for this !!!   Only to put the tester on. 

• 1 month later...

After moving the seat all the way back to clean under the seat I had the same issue; no seat memory and no easy exit. Did the backwards/forwards thing and hey presto, all working again!

Thanks very much to the OP! :clap:

• 2 months later...

I am having similar issue with memory seat, however none of the solution found in this thread is working. 

Ive pluged my OBD11 and notice that there are 7 faults for driver's seat. Ive tried to use Reset option and also programming via OBD11 but still..at the end no luck...no "bong" etc.

Ive checked seat live data to see if buttons are working correctly...app is showing that buttons are communicating with module....no clue what i can do now to solve that...

• 2 months later...

I've been having the same problem with my Superb for some time.  

Tried taking it all the way to the front and then to the back, but that did not help.  

But after reading this thread, and the thread at the other forum, I got it working (thanks folks). :-) 

I did this with ignition on, but engine not running(one push at start button without foot on brake).

First I maxed the seat upwards/forwards, (seat all up and forward, and the seat-back tilted all the way forward)  

Then I maxed the seat all the way down before maxing it all the way to the back, and got the magical two bongs! 

I was going to tilt the seat-back all the way back as well, but I think it would have been enough to only move the seat itself to it's max-backwards position.  

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I've done everything in this thread and the TDI thread and still i can't get my drivers seat to program.....any advice. I'm wondering if there's another issue at play?

Here's the full story -

• The memory setting has always worked, both with the buttons and one of the keys.
  • It just stopped working last week.
  • I don't have personalisation
  • My wing mirrors still work
  • The memory functions still all work great on the passenger seat
  • When I go into the menu on the infotainment centre i can see the "vehicle key activated" option which is usually ticked. However it is no longer ticked. When i try to tick it i can't.
  • I have a 2017 Kodiaq 2.0 Edition
  • I have tried moving the drivers seat back / forward, up / down, tilt up / down, move the back fully reclined / fully forward, lumbar support fully back / fully out. (not sure though if i'm doing it correctly - can't find a youtube video or similar on it)

So frustrated that i can't sort this that i'm thinking of taking to a dealer. Wondering if it could be that maybe water has got into the unit and broken it? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, SJoyce81 said:

Hi All,

I've done everything in this thread and the TDI thread and still i can't get my drivers seat to program.....any advice. I'm wondering if there's another issue at play?

Here's the full story -

• The memory setting has always worked, both with the buttons and one of the keys.
  • It just stopped working last week.
  • I don't have personalisation
  • My wing mirrors still work
  • The memory functions still all work great on the passenger seat
  • When I go into the menu on the infotainment centre i can see the "vehicle key activated" option which is usually ticked. However it is no longer ticked. When i try to tick it i can't.
  • I have a 2017 Kodiaq 2.0 Edition
  • I have tried moving the drivers seat back / forward, up / down, tilt up / down, move the back fully reclined / fully forward, lumbar support fully back / fully out. (not sure though if i'm doing it correctly - can't find a youtube video or similar on it)

So frustrated that i can't sort this that i'm thinking of taking to a dealer. Wondering if it could be that maybe water has got into the unit and broken it? 

Thanks

Do you have acces to obd11 or vcds to see any faults? For me usually it looses height calbiration, and you need to raise it up all the way, then release the button, press to lift up more, it goes up just a tad more, then do the same for lowering.. Try to do it like that for all directions, hold till it stops in any direction, then move the button once again in said direction , see if that helps!

• 5 months later...

My memory seat s have stopped working in 2016 l&k superb estate. I have tried all  of the above and still no go. Any ideas? Here is a vcds scan

Sunday,13,March,2022,15:45:38:15466

VCDS Version: Release 21.9.0 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64

www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr       Labels: NONE

Control Module Part Number: 5Q0 959 760 B    HW: 5Q0 959 760 B

Component and/or Version: Sitzmemory    H07 0020

Software Coding: 001000000000000001A481808080000000008181000000F400

Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000

ASAM Dataset: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide 002021 (SK48)

ROD: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide.rod

VCID: 3C730C10B757CD695D-8068

7 Faults Found:

9655636 - Motor for Seat Fore/Aft Adjustment

B1355 54 [008] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 4

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 144

Mileage: 69681 km

Date: 2022.03.13

Time: 15:43:32

9655892 - Motor for Seat Backrest Adjustment

B1356 54 [008] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Freeze Frame:

9655380 - Motor for seat height adjustment

B1354 54 [008] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Freeze Frame:

9655124 - Motor for Seat Tilt Adjustment

B1353 54 [008] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Freeze Frame:

9654868 - Motor for Lumbar Support Fore/Aft Adjustment

B1352 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Frequency: 0

Reset counter: 0

Mileage: 0 km

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 00:00:00

9654612 - Motor for Lumbar Support Height Adjustment

B1351 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

Freeze Frame:

10489856 - No Basic Setting

B2010 00 [009] - -

[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]

Freeze Frame:

Fault Priority: 7

• 4 months later...

Got my Superb yesterday (2018 model) and it too appears to have this issue where I can't get the bongs.

After giving up I searched Briskoda and low and behold I'm not the only one.

I have VCDS but haven't plugged it in yet to see whats going on.

I'll give that calibration sequence a go that folks have mentioned on here to see if it sorts it out and report back.

I tried the procedure consecutively  :-

-turn on ignition only

-Then move seat ‘base’ forwards all the way

-move the seat ‘recline’ forwards as much as it can

-move the seat ‘base’ rearwards as much as it can.

-move the seat ‘recline’ rearwards as much as you can.

(no ping noises at this point)

-press Set once then let go.

- then press button 1.

Immediately afterwards I got the bing noise.

I subsequently reset the chair position and presses ‘set’ then button ‘1’ and it binged.

I then altered the chair position and pressed 1 to see what happens; I have to keep hold of the desired button whilst it readjusts to the setting for the given number but it does now restore the position I’ve set.

Edited by ffvrs

Just had my car in to dealer for this problem. They decided it needed a new component under the seat, but had to order it in. Phoned me yesterday to say Skoda had a software fix for this and they wanted to try this first. Booked in for it in 2 weeks. I'll report back on here when it's done.

9 hours ago, BillyParker said:

Just had my car in to dealer for this problem. They decided it needed a new component under the seat, but had to order it in. Phoned me yesterday to say Skoda had a software fix for this and they wanted to try this first. Booked in for it in 2 weeks. I'll report back on here when it's done.

They tried the software fix on mine first, but that didn't fix the problem.

They ended up replacing the seat controller module, under warranty.

Edited by JR RS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys. 

I know this is an old post but hopefully someone will find this helpful.

I have a 2016 octavia and this happened to me for the first time.  All very annoying.  I couldn't get the solution to work as above,  however this one did work.  https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/103034-drivers-seat-memory-not-working-fixed/

The only thing to note that I did different was.  

Ignition on.  

Move seat forward (when it stops press forward again and it may move another could of cms)

Tilt front of seat down

Lift back of seat up. 

When at max on both (hold the front of the switch down while holding the back of the switch up)

Recheck a couple of times and hey presto a "bong". 

Then i could save seat positions again and it worked.  

Please note I didn't change the back rest at all. 

Good luck

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I am having strange issue with memory seat is that i mapped all car setting to driver1 with seat position saved to 1. However when i unlock the car...seat automatically changes position to something really awkward(seat bends half forward) which i have to change manually. The problem is same when i press "1" number which i had saved my position still car chooses position on its own. I am not sure what wrong i am doing here. Its becoming very frustrating now. Any advice would be appreciated! Car is Skoda Superb Mk3 2017

Edited by deepshegde

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue with mine, and today I took it to my service agent who had a look and said that it needed a software upgrade, which he did, and now the seat memory is supposed to be working, so I'll need to set it again and save the settings. I did notice since doing the software update, the passenger mirror now dips down, they also did one or two other bits and only charged my a very reasonable £60.

Knowing that it was a replacement car for my old one, which they looked after from new, they did give my new to me one a good check over and the verdict was that although it has done high mileage, it does not look like it, and they say that I selected a fantastic and well sorted and cared for car, which is good to know as I was a little worried about its mileage.

• Like 2

On 02/10/2023 at 14:56, deepshegde said:

The problem is same when i press "1" number which i had saved my position still car chooses position on its own.

What you’ve saved is the setting to which it’s been set.  
With the ignition on, reset your seat to the position you want, press the SET button then the memory you want to assign the memory to.