OBDeleven

Hi guys,

I am thinking to return this OBDeleven.. it messes my car and now TPM light is on.  I did some changing in Dashboard but instantly change them back as they were before, but still TPM warning light is on.  Very annoying. i don't know why it is causing...its worth to mention that i have also updated the obdeleven software during this coding.

now can anyone help me to fix these following faults plzzzz....

17 Dash Board

System description: KOMBI        
    Software number: 5E0920971D 
    Software version: 2210
    Hardware number: 5E0920971D 
    Hardware version: 333
    ODX name: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB
    ODX version: 008031
    Long coding: 27AD02802080AE0001087E00000000

Trouble codes: 
        U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded
            static
        U112100 - Databus missing message
            static

There is another coding that i have activated which was "Vehicle location recognition" and i have changed the value back as it was before..but still i am receiving an error which says Vehicle location recognition (no communication).. it appears to me OBDeleven is not being able to change anything. 

Edited by automass

6 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Not wanting to sound rude but it's more likely you don't know what you're doing and are just changing things without understanding the consequences. 

That Engine fault code and Gateway fault codes were in ththe sysystem before I did any coding or adadaptation...I met a a guy from this forum to do some coding..that man ran the VCDS diagnostic and these fault codes were discovered. I have that report emailed to me from that man. 

Edited by automass

I just simply changed Tire pressure monitoring 'Yes' from 'No' in (17) Dashboard Coding section and Average consumption, electric drive: Miles per kWh from (Default) kWh per 100 km.

i didn't do any other changing or coding today..then realize that there was a TPM warning light on on the dashboard..i have quickly revert all the changes but still the sign is on..i did ignition turn off and on, TPM warning sign flashed like 60 times and then steady..i even have tried few minutes ago the whole process but still i can see couple of fault code in the dash board section 

Trouble codes: 
        U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded
            static
        U112100 - Databus missing message
            static

I have checked the vehicle history log and following are these

Long coding
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Old value:
27A502002180AE0001087E00000000
New value:
27AD02002180AE0001087E00000000
Mileage: 103279 km
Date: 2017-04-06 15:13

I have toggle those settings many times but still latest long code is 

Long coding
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Old value:
27AD02802080AE0001087E00000000
New value:
27AD02802180AEC001087E00000000
Mileage: 103299 km
Date: 2017-04-06 22:44

Can any expert help me with long code here please...its not my fault..i believe its the obdeleven itself playing with me. 

7 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Not wanting to sound rude but it's more likely you don't know what you're doing and are just changing things without understanding the consequences. 

It would not be the first one to have such problems. I was contacted from a few people who had problems after using ObdEleven.

automass: I don't necessarily have the solution to your problem, but I can categorically say I've had no issue with my OBD11 and I think it's great.

Just asking - do you have clear, uninterrupted, decent-signal, decent-speed internet access at the times you're trying to do the programming?

Each time you program something and click the green tick, is it almost instant response that the coding has been completed, or does it sit and think for a while?

The OBD device doesn't have the programming/coding within itself, nor the app.  It needs clear internet access through your android device, and when you use the app to "program", it sends the relevant request through your device to the OBD11 servers, for the correct coding, then receives it back and sends it through the dongle to your ECU.

I suspect that if it's sitting there taking it's time, each time you try to program, then perhaps the internet signal is insufficient and it's programming incorrect codes?

I'm no programmer or electronics engineer, and I'm just guessing here...... it's unfortunate you're having such problems.

• Like 1

It is not a silver bullet, specially the apps - I once tried to do cornering lights from my friend's Octavia using the app and we ended up with the left fog lighting up when the car turned right and the right fog lighting when she pressed the break :)

...undoing via app did not fix it either, so I just had to manually code and correct everything, which then worked.

Hi spinifex,

I had full 4G signal when I did those coding (will they be coding as I have just changed from No to Yes!) and yes..straightaway I did see at the bottom where it said Code accepted...I have already done few coding..so I know succefull coding and how it should behave..there is no way of interruption while coding...

Only one thing I can think of is Software updating.  

do you have any idea how can I get back to previous long coding that I mentioned in my above post?

Hmmm... I don't know then.

I've been lucky I guess, in that anything I've either used the 1-touch app, or coded manually, has always worked without issue.

55 minutes ago, automass said:

......do you have any idea how can I get back to previous long coding that I mentioned in my above post?...

I don't I'm sorry.

I don't turn my device on every day though, so I'm unsure if my OBD app has updated recently or not.  Perhaps you are right and something has gone wrong with the app itself, if it's been updated recently?

• Like 1

Its a very sad of this OBDeleven app that it gives you trouble codes but doesn't explain what are those code relate to. for instance i can see couple of trouble codes in Dash Board section but couldn't figure out what is causing those trouble codes and what needs to be done to sort them out. 

Edited by automass

3 hours ago, automass said:

Its a very sad of this OBDeleven app that it gives you trouble codes but doesn't explain what are those code relate to. for instance i can see couple of trouble codes in Dash Board section but couldn't figure out what is causing those trouble codes and what needs to be done to sort them out. 

Well, I do not agree exactly with this statement.

You should be aware that with OBD11 you are not buying professional diagnostic solution but consumer product. So, you should adapt expectations to that. Including possible problems when coding and non explanation of trouble codes, etc.

PS: And this is writting a person that had copyrighted content stolen and used without permission by OBD11.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

On 09/01/2017 at 01:14, ahenners said:

Followed the instructions for High Beam Assist enable, including the helpful bit from Spnifex regarding the byte 2 bit 0-2 value change. Had light assist in the car setup light menu to tick, but when pushing the stalk back it showed the symbol for HBA for about a second, then said Light Assist Fault. Anyone else had a similar issue or any ideas? Reviewed the instructions and followed again exactly but still had the same issue.

On 26/03/2017 at 03:55, AshGSmith said:

I'm getting the same issue, does anyone know a way around this? It would be so useful!

Did you guys get this sorted out at all?

On 26/03/2017 at 05:44, rasple said:

..........I cannot to find, the app show me just A5 Controller (front/front park sensors).. but not the "Front/ Front view Camera" also in coding I cannot find the other thinks.....

Did you ever get this sorted our rasple?

Sorry it's a late response.... but the controller/module codes (eg: A5) will be the same regardless of VCDS or OBD instructions.  But what they are named as in each app (eg: "Front camera" or "Front park sensors") may be different.

You can be sure you're in the correct module, if you've chosen A5.  You may just have to open a few extra "folders/headings", for want of a better term, to find the individual setting you need to modify in OBD, as it doesn't list them as channel numbers, the way VCDS does.

The names of each channel are also slightly different between the two brands, which is why following VCDS instructions, for coding in OBD11, can sometimes be difficult to find the correct setting to change.

I haven't found one yet, and I'm thinking of trying to do my own OBD instructions listing, that will mirror with the VCDS instructions.... just haven't found the time to sit down and write it all down.

On 04/04/2017 at 20:58, Riolux said:

.............1. Set the panoramic roof to open fully (not just tilt) when you press and hold the open button on the keyfob. Has anyone done it?............

2. Enable rain closing.

...............Also, is this supposed to work with the ignition off?.................

Hey Riolux....... did you get either of tehse functions working?

For #1, on my car, the keyfob will operate the windows and sunroof ALL the way, if you hold the button long enough.  Not sure why yours isn't doing it, but I can't help in terms of the coding sorry, as my vRS came with this already by default.

One thing I don't like with this though, is when I hold the button down, my intention is to open the windows slightly by about an inch, and pop the sunroof to vent.  But it operates both at the same time, and by the time the sunroof has tilted, the windows are almost totally down..... so I don't both with it for opening, and I do it manually before I leave the car.  It's good for closing though, when it starts to rain, as I can quickly close everything up with the keyfob. (I haven't played around with enabling the auto-rain-close function yet)

For #2, the idea of this is to work with the ignition off.  There would be no point having this function, if you're sitting in the car with the ignition on......

On 07/04/2017 at 06:54, automass said:

...........U112100 - Databus missing message........

I also have this message showing up whenever I scan for faults using my OBD11.

I have no idea when this first showed up or why and I've been unable to clear it.

Whenever I try to clear it out, it IMMEDIATELY shows up again in the faults.

Having said that, I'm unaware of this fault, in terms of the cars' function.  No error messages showing on the dash/maxi/infotainment, so it doesn't appear to actually affect anything.

It was definitely not a fault when my OBD11 first arrived and I did my first fault-scan, but I think it started showing up the first time I tried enabling Traffic Sign Recognition, and even though I've completely reversed the TSR coding, the databus message still shows as a fault.

Sadly, the OBD11 forums/website doesn't offer much help in terms of this, and any other error codes the OBD has ever detected (usually U with 6 digits) don't seem to have a register online that you can look up to determine what it is.

Ross Tech's error codes have never matched up with the codes OBD shows, so who knows what the OBD error codes actually mean.

I think the general understanding is that OBD is about $60 investment, versus $400+ for VCDS..... we have to accept that perhaps the cheaper unit is not going to be as good or as-well supported after-sales, as the dearer option...... ultimately you get what you pay for.

But the vast majority of users with OBD have had no trouble coding, with only a small percentage who have issues.... so it certainly is a great investment, if you're one of the lucky ones.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spinifex said:

I also have this message showing up whenever I scan for faults using my OBD11.

I have no idea when this first showed up or why and I've been unable to clear it.

Whenever I try to clear it out, it IMMEDIATELY shows up again in the faults.

Having said that, I'm unaware of this fault, in terms of the cars' function.  No error messages showing on the dash/maxi/infotainment, so it doesn't appear to actually affect anything.

It was definitely not a fault when my OBD11 first arrived and I did my first fault-scan, but I think it started showing up the first time I tried enabling Traffic Sign Recognition, and even though I've completely reversed the TSR coding, the databus message still shows as a fault.

Sadly, the OBD11 forums/website doesn't offer much help in terms of this, and any other error codes the OBD has ever detected (usually U with 6 digits) don't seem to have a register online that you can look up to determine what it is.

Ross Tech's error codes have never matched up with the codes OBD shows, so who knows what the OBD error codes actually mean.

I think the general understanding is that OBD is about $60 investment, versus $400+ for VCDS..... we have to accept that perhaps the cheaper unit is not going to be as good or as-well supported after-sales, as the dearer option...... ultimately you get what you pay for.

But the vast majority of users with OBD have had no trouble coding, with only a small percentage who have issues.... so it certainly is a great investment, if you're one of the lucky ones.

Luckily I had the whole system Scanned by a freedom member (i met with him for some coding and adaptation) of this forum before buying OBDeleven. So today i visited another Freedom member  and we worked together to fix those wrong coding caused by OBDeleven. So its all sorted now. Thanks to that member of the forum. I booked my car with my seller regarding couple of fault codes that my car already had before doing any coding and adaptation. 

PS: important advice for everybody. If you go coding and change anything there (not long coding i am talking about)..it will be changed but if you want to revert the process you can visually see that revert was successful, but be warned that it might not be reverted.

Edited by automass
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spinifex said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but I am not really sure that this attitude is really acceptable. Ok, there is really no big fuss if for example you have some problems with lights, air conditioning, radio, etc., but if we are talking about safety systems (ABS, ESC, Lane Assist, etc.) this attitude can lead to possible tragic accidents, if the system encounters a situation in which it should react, but due to error or wrong coding, reacts in different manner or does not react.
With this attitude you are basicallly gambling with your life and life of your passengers and other road users through 60 USD consumer product. Hm...

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtl said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but I am not really sure that this attitude is really acceptable. Ok, there is really no big fuss if for example you have some problems with lights, air conditioning, radio, etc., but if we are talking about safety systems (ABS, ESC, Lane Assist, etc.) this attitude can lead to possible tragic accidents, if the system encounters a situation in which it should react, but due to error or wrong coding, reacts in different manner or does not react.
With this attitude you are basicallly gambling with your life and life of your passengers and other road users through 60 USD consumer product. Hm...

I agree. It seems this device when in incorrect hands can cause major problems. People should think about this before leaping in and trying to adjust things without realising the consequences. 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 15:33, tigermad said:

I agree. It seems this device when in incorrect hands can cause major problems. People should think about this before leaping in and trying to adjust things without realising the consequences. 

And that is the crux of the issue. 

If you don't know what you're doing, then don't do it.

Doing basic coding of lights and electrical trickery is fine.... but there's no way I'm messing with brakes or safety-critical modules.

My post was basically saying - without wording it specifically to sound condescending - that for the VAST number of people who have NO issues using the OBD11 device, versus the ONE or TWO people who have complained about it on here, it's worth the investment.

I didn't want to sound rude by blatantly suggesting that the issues experienced by those members were due to user-error, rather than there being an issue with the device itself.

That being said - ANY device, whether it be an OBD dongle, or your ABS control module or the massive 6-piston aftermarket calipers you install on your car - anything can have a manufacturer fault or issue, and have catastrophic effects on safety.  It's the luck of the draw.....

And the comments about OBD11 being a "consumer" device, what is VCDS then?  If it's "mechanic/technician only" and not "consumer" then how do so many people have access to it?  Surely VCDS is a consumer product also?  Just at a highly inflated price, when compared to OBD11?

(I have no affiliation with OBD11, nor am I trying to start a flame war between the two devices.... just giving an opinion, based on my personal experience with only 1 device)

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 22:04, SC03OTT said:

This is the problem when devices become very cheap, loads of people buy them without really understanding what they are doing!

On 07/04/2017 at 10:47, automass said:

You get what you pay for, if you buy cheap then don’t expect much if any R&D to have gone into it (unless it’s the Chinese definition of R&D... Replicate & Duplicate :dull: )

On 06/04/2017 at 10:25, ahenners said:

That looks to be the correct changes for the Central Electrics 09 controller, byte 2 was changed from 0A to 0B, so you must have manual transmission. If it's an auto byte 2 needs to be changed from 1A to 1B in the coding :)

@ExSEAT does that help clarify the change I mentioned in the first part of my previous post?

Changing the long coding or Binary code without fully understanding what the OE codes mean is a VERY dangerous way to code and is not a recommended way to code things, unless the two cars are identical to begin with and have identical controllers you can be entering into a whole new world of hurt.

Does anyone know if My Octavia 2013 will support MIV. At this moment it doesn't support any video files.  I am about to make credit by watching app now and will be able to make as much credit as I want ( I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO CHEAT THE APP, HAHAHHAHA..IF ANYONE IS WAITING TO BUILD UP THE CREDIT PM ME..BUT YOU HAVE TO PROMISE TO  KEEP THE SECRET)

I would strongly recommend you get an autoscan done by someone with VCDS before you start changing things. Just in case something goes wrong :)

Automass came to me and had the original autoscan.

This made things a LOT easier to fix and you could tell where the changes had been made without having to go through bit-by-bit!

• Like 1

On 2017-04-08 at 01:26, spinifex said:

Hey Riolux....... did you get either of tehse functions working?

Hello! Yes, #1 is working now (fully opening the panoramic sunroof when long-pressing the keyfob).

This is how I did it:

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access > Access Code : 31347
Adaptation
(9)-Access control 2-SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen
Select:Open

Screenshot_20170415-153933.thumb.png.51009862c761e2facc103e3edbe5df92.png

Screenshot_20170415-153926.thumb.png.a211a2bafd6a13922d9013dae3d77e08.png

As for #2 (enable rain closing) the instructions are as follows:

• Rain Closing
  • Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
  • Security access
  • Access code 31347
  • Adaptation
  • (14) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Regenschliessen auswählen
  • Value: Permanent
  • (26) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen auswählen
  • Value:Aktif
  • Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
  • Control unit Long Coding
  • Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
  • Byte 0
  • Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

I get as far as to the bold points above. If I select Long Coding, I can either choose the Rain/Light sensor sub objet OR get the bits and bytes. I't doesnt behave as in the instructions.

BR/Riolux